Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

I'm not trying to be an **bleep**, but is PASBR supposed to be competing with SSB? I thought they were making a game for profit, not competition.

Smash Bros. has made history in gaming, so of course more people would go for the more-known game.

Message 11 of 77 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

I'm not trying to be an **bleep**, but is PASBR supposed to be competing with SSB? I thought they were making a game for profit, not competition.

Smash Bros. has made history in gaming, so of course people would go for the more-known game.

Compatition is part of profit dude a huge part, with profit come compatition and you'll never find an instence where that's not true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 77 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

Smash Bros. has made history in gaming, so of course more people would go for the more-known game.

PSASBR is inadvertantly competing with Smash Bros becuase they're the same style game.

Message 13 of 77 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 14, 2012

This is just the PSASBR's first game we can't expect it to beat smash so soon, not only that but there are enough differences in gameplay, to make it different from smash. As for some of the character attitudes, I agree in this game some characters look soulless.

Playstation sig
Message 14 of 77 (187 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 14, 2012

BreadAndToast wrote:
I agree to a point, I haven't played All Stars yet so I won't say it's not better but it has a lot to live up too, I still SSB brawl with my friends regularly it's the only game I have for my Wii and probably the only reason im gonna get the Wii U.

itll be on the 3ds with the same content, so think about thatSmiley Wink

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 15 of 77 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I know competition affects sales to a degree (prime example is BF3), but to say something that everyone already had an idea about is kinda tiring imo.

Message 16 of 77 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 14, 2012

i don't think any of us can judge this game until we play the completed version of it.  This game may suck, it may be on par with smash, or may even be better.  No sense in dooming it when we haven't even played the finished product yet because another game exists like it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 77 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:
I know competition affects sales to a degree (prime example is BF3), but to say something that everyone already had an idea about is kinda tiring imo.

No sales effect compatition, if one games making tons of money, why wouldn't you want to cash in on all th money?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 77 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 14, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BreadAndToast wrote:
I agree to a point, I haven't played All Stars yet so I won't say it's not better but it has a lot to live up too, I still SSB brawl with my friends regularly it's the only game I have for my Wii and probably the only reason im gonna get the Wii U.

itll be on the 3ds with the same content, so think about thatSmiley Wink

Hopefully that game when it comes out, won't mess up my 3ds as it did for my gamecube controllers -_-

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 19 of 77 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 14, 2012
This is one of the worst threads I have ever read, first of all roster count doesn't mean everything when 80% of your characters are clones. Let's not even mention abilities per character. Secondly Redfield only uses this forum to post pro Nintendo ideas. Last but finally not least play the whole game before you make an assumption on its quality. Some people I just don't understand.
Message 20 of 77 (160 Views)