Sep 14 2012
By: Redfield7 Sackboy 424 posts

This game won't beat Smash Bros...

76 replies 621 views Edited Sep 14, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for PSASBR, but it's just a fact this game won't take the brawler title from Smash Bros. So far from what we've seen, Smash Bros fit more content on a Wii disc than this game has on a Blu Ray. Rumors of a 24 character roster... well Super Smash Bros Melee had 25 characters, on a frickin GameCube. This is on PS3 here.

I know the games not out yet, so we don't know everything on it, but from what I've seen this game isn't being handled with love the way a Smash game is. Every character in Smash acts just like they do in their game and feels natural (except for the tripping)

In PSASBR...not so much. A prime example is Nathan Drake. He's so boring in this game. Why isn't he cocky or arrogant like in Uncharted? Where's the attitude? Also some (not all) of the Supers seem really lazy...like Ratchet's...I mean come on SuperBot.

I'm still buying this game and I still love PSASBR, but I don't think they're doing enough to drag people away from Smash Bros. And when Smash Bros 4 comes out, this games unfortunately gonna get left in the dust.

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you guys think.

Message 1 of 77 (621 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 14, 2012

of course it's not going to, SSB has already proven themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 77 (609 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I agree to a point, I haven't played All Stars yet so I won't say it's not better but it has a lot to live up too, I still SSB brawl with my friends regularly it's the only game I have for my Wii and probably the only reason im gonna get the Wii U.
Message 3 of 77 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 14, 2012
Didn't you already make this topic? And from what I can tell and what I've heard, characters play exactly like their games. And maybe it's just me, but I can't ever find enough Drake footage to determine anything.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 77 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 14, 2012
I'm curious if LBP karting will beat Mario cart
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 5 of 77 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 14, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

No it won't sorry it just won't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 77 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

StefanForsell24 wrote:

LBP Karting shouldn't even exist. We already have Modnation Racers

Message 7 of 77 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for PSASBR, but it's just a fact this game won't take the brawler title from Smash Bros. So far from what we've seen, Smash Bros fit more content on a Wii disc than this game has on a Blu Ray. Rumors of a 24 character roster... well Super Smash Bros Melee had 25 characters, on a frickin GameCube. This is on PS3 here.

I know the games not out yet, so we don't know everything on it, but from what I've seen this game isn't being handled with love the way a Smash game is. Every character in Smash acts just like they do in their game and feels natural (except for the tripping)

In PSASBR...not so much. A prime example is Nathan Drake. He's so boring in this game. Why isn't he cocky or arrogant like in Uncharted? Where's the attitude? Also some (not all) of the Supers seem really lazy...like Ratchet's...I mean come on SuperBot.

I'm still buying this game and I still love PSASBR, but I don't think they're doing enough to drag people away from Smash Bros. And when Smash Bros 4 comes out, this games unfortunately gonna get left in the dust.

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you guys think.

Well we have seen so little in character interacting with each other like that. Also don't try to compare it to a old game with a new one, people start bashing for little things.. In smash everyone fought the similar style like raising percentage to knock people out of the stage. Allstars has you workin for your score since in smash you can you camp in the battle and knock people out with little or no effort when they reach in high percentage. Everyone in allstars seems to be balanced and can be beating by player skill. While some people in smash choose characters that are faster than everyone else and slow characters have a huge disavantage. Remember this game isn't forcing the smash community to change games. This is to appeal to playstation fans or people who want to try something different.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 8 of 77 (577 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

StefanForsell24 wrote:

LBP Karting shouldn't even exist. We already have Modnation Racers

So? The Playstation doesn't have enough cartoony kart racers and racing levels where really popular with online creations in LBP 2.

Message 9 of 77 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 14, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

StefanForsell24 wrote:

it will for me.  i think mario kart is such a tired franchise. it never tries to do anything different with itself

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 77 (567 Views)
0 Likes