Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: This game won't beat Smash Bros...

Sep 15, 2012
I knew I saw those exact same points stated that way before. Nice find, plyr
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 71 of 77 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 15, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:
I just find it hilarious that you know exactly how big of a game Allstars is going to be. Between 10-25 GB? Says who? Do you own a copy? Do you know all the content in the game?

I never said lowering the resolution make the game dramatically smaller. That isn't even my issue, my issue is that you seem to believe that the PSV plays the EXACT same version as the Ps3 based on your comment that the Ps3 version has to look worse to make it work on the PSV. They aren't the same game. Every title that works on the PSV and the PS3 has two separate versions, this is why they offer the Cross Buy promotion. It's not like PS Classics where you download one and it transfers over.

Circling back to the original point, you have no idea how much space is being used up by the game and the fact that games like Mortal Kombat can work just as fine on the Vita with all their content really doesn't limit them much.

Where did I say they play the EXACT same way?  You seem to be taking everything I'm saying out of context.  I never once said it had to look worse for it to work.  I did say that the two games have to play essentially the same, because they're advertising seamless online Cross-Play for this game, and every facet of gameplay would have to be spot on between the two versions (which is where the majority of any game's memory comes from).  They're obviously not the same game, but they have to play like it.  

Hell, they're one of only a dozen or so games that I can think of off the top of my head that are in this situation.  The Vita ports of other fighting games don't have PS3 compatibility, but this one is supposed to have spotless cross-play over PSN.  I never once insinuated that the Vita version is the same game; I've only been stressing that the Vita version has to be, practically-speaking, almost entirely the same as the PS3 version, and while the PSVita obviously has smaller game sizes, it's much harder on a PS-exclusive game (since they tend to make much more use of the extra space on Blu-Ray discs).  

As for my comment about game size, I'm going off of usual PS3-exclusive game sizes.  However, again, pretty much my whole initial statement was the point that the Vita version is very likely holding overall development back, only because the Vita version has to match up spot for spot as PS3 in every area except graphics.

You stated the Ps3 version has to look worse so it can even work when it's downsized for the PSV. This is implying that the Ps3 version is being "ported" to the PSV... Which it isn't.

This is a fighting game. Fighting games are not known to exactly push the limits of their systems, nor is this some graphically revolutionary game like Uncharted, Killzone, Last of Us, or any other usual PS3-exclusive games. I'd love to know what games you are going off of though. Every title that is on the Ps3 digitally and the PSV digitally (like the HD ports of Metal Gear) manage to cut the file-size in half when comparing the Ps3 to the PsV versions.

This information added to the fact that All Stars is a decent looking game graphically makes it pretty easy to see that this is all done easily with the Vita and mind and wont be holding much back. Sure I guess if they weren't releasing it on the Vita they could maybe make it prettier or something, I guess, but I really don't think there would be much difference. The Vita isn't limiting the game in how many characters or unlockables or anything can be in the game.

Message 72 of 77 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 15, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
You stated the Ps3 version has to look worse so it can even work when it's downsized for the PSV. This is implying that the Ps3 version is being "ported" to the PSV... Which it isn't.

Okay, now I understand what you meant, (although technically it is being ported since it's being made by a separate studio, but that's not the point).  When I said "Dumbed down," I worded what I meant wrong; I was speaking more about the flashier things and (slightly) "better" - at least according to the fans' opinions - character models, not about the overall graphics.

Honestly, I could care less about how the game looks, since I'm getting it for the gameplay.  As I said a few times before, I was just trying to make a point to Nocturnal about his statement.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 73 of 77 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 15, 2012
That makes more sense and I rest the argument since I understand what you mean a bit more. I agree though. Some of the flash is hindered but the gameplay is what matters.
Message 74 of 77 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Sep 15, 2012

all your points r pretty dumb and sounds like your not thinking for one this is allstars first outing as a  franchise when melee was the 2nd in the franchise so in the first allstars game you already have possibly 24 plus more(dlc)more then melee has and they say its a start of a franchise so they got to save some characters like smash did. 2nd you dont even know yet if its handled with love you have only seen nathan drakes intro and or winning screens every character in the beta felt different to play as and felt exactly how they should plus wait for story mode where theyll have complete cutscenes with original voice acting where there character personalities will really shine where smash never had that (sub space please)and if smash was really handled with love it would be balanced and have NO tripping. Finally u say supers r the same have u seen brawl alot of them have the same form of smashes. This is coming from someone who played brawl,brawl-,and project m so u should have better points next time bro

Message 75 of 77 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012
This is a dumb comparison. Don't get me wrong you bring some good points but first off this comparing games by the roster, especially by the size isn't a valid point at all. We have no clue how much the files and everything are going to be compressed. HD uncompressed files are exquisite and huge (lol) not to mention we don't even know how much one character averages in memory size char models soundeffects voice animation or music, sprites level design and the like plus Smash characters and models were small melee and brawl witha dik tons of compressed files . So that GCD vs BD better because they had more characters is moot. I do **bleep** in and feel THATS what most of us should be talking about instead of the dam roster every thread. It seems smash has a bit more finesse or just kinda smoother. But this IS a beta I hope the 60fps sticks like they said and the sounds good with smooth animations.
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 76 of 77 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
673 posts

Sep 15, 2012
I don't know why but my posts are coming out weird my last post is super glitched even if I try fix it by editing :/ Whatevs
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 77 of 77 (44 Views)
0 Likes