Jul 17, 2012
It would be cool if they put Cloud and Sora
Message 41 of 108 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: This game needs more swordsman

Jul 17, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing Nariko, but i'm not clamoring for her either. They really should have followed up with another game. Oh and i played both Heavenly Sword and GOW and while they are very different i also found they feel a little similar, especially with her range.
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 42 of 108 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42104 posts

Jul 17, 2012

ShotofCyanide wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Nariko, but i'm not clamoring for her either. They really should have followed up with another game. Oh and i played both Heavenly Sword and GOW and while they are very different i also found they feel a little similar, especially with her range.

They probably could have handed the IP off to a 2nd party to develop and I think Ninja Theory did have some stuff ready for a sequel but they decided to pursue the multiplatform pastures to get better sales...which didn't turn out too well for them, especially after Namco had made the comment about wanting the Enslaved IP (specifically 2 & 3 whenever they came along) to be their Uncharted/Gran Turismo 5 and the future for the company...Smiley Indifferent

Sony should probably regulate some of their unused IPs (Heavenly Sword, Colony Wars, Omega Boost, Legend of Dragoon, Kinetica, Rogue Galaxy, etc.) to the Vita to give them some new life and to give the Vita it's own library of solid IPs/exclusives on top of the PSP titles/IPs that will most likely migrate there (Syphon Filter, Patapon, Loco Roco, etc.).

Message 43 of 108 (179 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Alundra & Flint:

Alundra

Flint

Message 44 of 108 (173 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 17, 2012
Thanks for the info, and i agree Sony is definitely sitting on some real gems in terms of unused IPs. I for one think that they could definitely do something with LoD. I played it when it was on PS1 and i made it on to the Playstation store not to long ago so im happy they havent forgotten the title completely.
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 45 of 108 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jul 17, 2012
That's why we need dart and über hero in this game .they are both true swords men.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 108 (151 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

I like Asbel Lhant from tales of graces. Newer rpg but ive always liked the Tales series. With 2 battles stances and plenty of artes to choose from i think he would be EPIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmXPtAZG3XU

ASBEL_LHANT.pngi

Message 47 of 108 (128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 18, 2012

As much as I've been against his inclusion, I actually think Dart from Legend Of The Dragoon would be a prime candidate for a pure swordsman character (since all the dragoons could only use magic in their dragoon form).

I think there's a ton of other characters who can provide that and more though, so it just depends on whether you want a close-up fighter (like Heihachi with a sword) or someone a bit more varied who also uses a sword. I can imagine Wander and Samanosuke filling that role because they both have ranged weapons or Cloud and Monica (Dark Chronicle) filling that role because they use magic. Sir Dan, however, could be the most versatile character on the roster if he's included. It's actually his range of weapons that make him not the best candidate to be a swordsman because every weapon in his arsenal is so interesting! Yeah, he has three swords but also an axe, a club, a hammer for close-range combat, a crossbow, spears and three longbows for long-range combat and lightning, chicken drumsticks and his own arm for ... erm, "weird combat". And that's just the first game, before we bring on the bombs, gatling gun and blunderbuss ...

Message 48 of 108 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Jul 18, 2012
Cole is the same as link...he just has an amp
Message 49 of 108 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jul 18, 2012

wait what? how is cole in anyway similar to link. do u mean neither are true swordsmen? link with his trinkets, cole with his powers? cuz i know u didnt mean they play alike... 

Message 50 of 108 (104 Views)