Message 31 of 108 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: This game needs more swordsman

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Also someone mentioned Nariko, she's more like Kratos than a true swordsman honestly. 

WHA WHA WHAT! Nariko and Kratos play nothing alike. I understand the chain aspect but even then they both play different and saying that she is not a true swordsman is blasphemous. Unlike Kratos she only uses a sword and that sword a 3 stances: speed, heavy, and range. In speed stance the heavenly sowrd is split in half to make two blades, in heavy it is one complete blade, and in range it splits into two blades again but with chains attached. Nariko's combat also focuses on counters as well and you can only counter attacks when in the proper corresponding sword stance. The combat in Heavenly Sword is alot more technical than in God of War. Have you even played Heavenly Sword? If not then take a look at some footage.

P.S.

Why has no one mentioned Musashi?

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 32 of 108 (192 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Jul 17, 2012
Spike's Stun Club baby.
Message 33 of 108 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 17, 2012

animeprophet wrote:

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Also someone mentioned Nariko, she's more like Kratos than a true swordsman honestly. 

WHA WHA WHAT! Nariko and Kratos play nothing alike. I understand the chain aspect but even then they both play different and saying that she is not a true swordsman is blasphemous. Unlike Kratos she only uses a sword and that sword a 3 stances: speed, heavy, and range. In speed stance the heavenly sowrd is split in half to make two blades, in heavy it is one complete blade, and in range it splits into two blades again but with chains attached. Nariko's combat also focuses on counters as well and you can only counter attacks when in the proper corresponding sword stance. The combat in Heavenly Sword is alot more technical than in God of War. Have you even played Heavenly Sword? If not then take a look at some footage.

P.S.

Why has no one mentioned Musashi?

lol calm down dude I never called her a Kratos clone or anything like that. She would obviously play a lot lighter more agile but not as powerful as Kratos, but you have to admit that in the video's you showed, their are some combat similarities. Anyway as for Nariko being a true swordsman, Well I geuss, she does use a double blade though which is more similar to Kratos. Either way if Nariko is in this game I will still look foward to playing as her.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 34 of 108 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Sorry if the blasphemous comment came off as angry/mean that wasn't my intention. It's kinda hard to show sarcasim with no actual voice, it was meant to be said/read in an over exaggerated way. Maybe you have to play the games (I am assuming you haven't played them) in order to tell the difference because I have Heavenly Sowrd and all GoW games and in my opinion they play nothing alike.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 35 of 108 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I have played GOW but not Heavenly sword. If Nariko is in this roster I might consider picking it up though just to see how the games play variants.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 36 of 108 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jul 17, 2012

You could pick up Heavenly Sword used for around $10 (Amazon) and beat it in an afternoon, although you could do the same with GoW. One thing to point out is that Heavenly Sword is a straight up Hack and slash game where as GoW is an Action/Platformer.

-Signature-
Message 37 of 108 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jul 17, 2012

There´s a demo in the PS-Store for both the God of War series and Heavenly Sword.

Message 38 of 108 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Did not know they had a demo for Heavenly Sword.

-Signature-
Message 39 of 108 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I agree from the roster we have only 1 is really a swordsman and thats Kratos,yet even he is untraditional because of his use of blades spears, etc.. Lots of Gun users like Radec, Nathan Drake, Jak and Daxter. Sweet Tooth Seems to be a mixture of both with his blade and shotgun in his moveset along with Landmines and Chainsaws.. he is almost like a mashup. I believe the final roster will have a gun mixture of both and i think a FinalFantasy Rep has to be included. Sir Dan would be an awsome swordsman i really can picture him in this game based on the amout of wepons and moves in his game they could easily implement into this game.. Sir Dan HAS to be Included.. I still think that Leak image is an early look at Nariko From Heavly Sword.. She would be a perfect counter or Rival to Kratos based on there personalites and games IMO. She would be another great sword user with her giant Heavenly Sword she is very deadly. Dart From Dragoon Would be amazing.. Its one of the best PS1 games and RPGs to Date. Its kinda unknown now but he has a lot of fans and would make new ones too

Message 40 of 108 (144 Views)