First Son
29 posts

Re: This game lacks Stages...

Dec 31, 2012

there's a Standard of quantity. pretty sure a lot of people bought PASBR because they enjoy Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I know I did for that reason.

Development began in 2009... it was released in 2012... it's a 4 years development. that's A LOT. I know Superbot is a pretty small studio, the problem isn't there. the problem is how some obvious choices were not made. there's 20 characters. 20 stages + a neutral + The Polygon Man Arena would've been perfect...

15 is just... redundant...

Message 11 of 19 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9963 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I like how they mashed up the stages too. Representing multiple IPs rather than one stage per IP. I like the stages we got.

If there's a sequel and it has only 20 stages, then I'd feel like there weren't enough.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 12 of 19 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Dec 31, 2012

the Mash up is awesome... that's not the problem... 

some IPs are just not represented... it's a ''celebration of the Playstation Franchise'' yet it ignores so many stuff... that is why it lacks stages...

plus... it's redundant...

Message 13 of 19 (113 Views)
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I think SuperBot did really well with the stages. Specially with the mash-ups! It is their first game after all.

SSB didn't have many stages at all when they first started off either, but with the more games they released over time, they managed to get over 40 stages in Brawl.

PSASBR may only have 15 stages to start, but I'm sure we'll get plenty more with DLC and even sequels.

My favorite stage would have to be Hades. I just LOVED the Patapon in the background, and the music that plays with them!

Photobucket
Message 14 of 19 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Legitimate complaint.

BUT, If each stage were to not be mashed, we would have 36 stages in total.

For SuperBot's first game, that's really good! Even if it weren't to be separated if you try to compare it to the first Smash Bros. which only had like, 8 stages?

SuperBot can only get better and better, not to mention the limitless possibilities of all the DLC and quite possibly the next game.

Which brings me to another thing, one thing Brawl did wrong is that it allowed you to choose stages online. People only ever picked The Temple (LoZ) for taunt/bomb parties and Final Destination to get serious... Or have taunt parties. Surely you/a lot of other people were bored of playing on the same 2 stages.

Randomized stages made it so there are absolutely no dead areas/stages.

+1 to SuperBot.

Message 15 of 19 (98 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
81 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I'm hoping they release a DLC pack after Emmet and Kat that centers around stages, maybe 2,3... 4? Smiley Wink 

It would be awesome if they just alternated it. 2 new characters, 2 new maps, 2 new characters, 2 new maps, til they were done. I hope if we do get a sequel, that these old maps are kept, to build upon the total amount. 

Message 16 of 19 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 31, 2012
their's at least 1 confirmed dlc stage, and one rumored Gravity Rush stage....
Play For Fun!
Message 17 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Tekn0tize wrote:
L1 + direction = dodge roll. L1 = Block. ^^ Two of the best ways to win against Kratos spammers.

what does this have to do with stages?

Message 18 of 19 (36 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Even though it's only 15 stages they are really well done, better than the stages in all three smash bros games imo.

Message 19 of 19 (31 Views)
0 Likes