Feb 14 2013
By: FaunKeH_5 Sackboy 526 posts

This game is literally unplayable online

[ Edited ]
19 replies 591 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

So i just finished downloading the update and new characters and here's my matches just went:
match 1. disconnected during level intro
match 2. got killed because of really bad lag
match 3. enemy teammate in quick 2v2 disconnected (and we were trying to coordinate a fair 1v1, but every time my team mate "tagged" me, he would jump in with me)
match 4. disconnected during level intro
-went on to try ranked from here

match 5. disconnected straight away (lost belt points)
match 6. disconnected straight away (lost belt points)
match 7. my partner disconnected and i was double teamed (note: when the match finished, i gained like 100 levels on my character too, lol stupid glitch)

In short, my message is;
- This is a great game, i love the gameplay and it has such good potential to be a good game
- Servers are terrible, takes me ages to find a match (those 7 'matches' were within one hour) i hate games where you spend more time waiting than playing

- Connection is terrible, so much lag for a game that has just four players on a screen, i play massive scale shooters on my internet connection with no lag

- Community is also pretty bad; its either, complaining this game is too unbalanced, or people spam one or two moves making it boring, or like in my match where we tried to 1v1, my teammate got in some cheap shots

Thankyou for some new content in the recent dlc, but why should i care about this and future dlc if the game is unplayable, fix this game damnit sony/santamonica/(superbot)!!

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 1 of 20 (591 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: This game is literally unplayable

Feb 14, 2013
i understand a lot of people here have problems with online, so here's a tip for all of you,
don't play online,
seriously, just grab a couple of friends and play offline,
one of the best offline multiplayer experiences ever, it's up there with Castle Crashers...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 20 (558 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 14, 2013
thanks for your positive outlook Smiley Happy
you cant just say "dont play online" though, thats the main reason i bought to play this game, to verse different people online and climb a ranked tournament system
it is great fun with some of my friends offline though, takes away my 3 comments about servers, connection and community, just leaving my comment that it is a great game.
will have to check out castle crashers Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 3 of 20 (537 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I think you need to be educated on the definition of "literally".

Message 4 of 20 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 14, 2013
literally meaning, i wait about 10 minutes for a match that disconnects instantly. >loop<

from my experience, yes, literally
although kind sir, i will add the word "online" to my title

HTML tutorial

Message 5 of 20 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Feb 14, 2013

achus93again wrote:
i understand a lot of people here have problems with online, so here's a tip for all of you,
don't play online,
one of the best offline multiplayer experiences ever, it's up there with Castle Crashers...

Must be nice to be an unemployed 8 year old living with both your best friends on either side of you. Some people have jobs and getting together with friends is hard. You know, like adults have to do.

Message 6 of 20 (437 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:
don't play online,

Must be nice to be an unemployed 8 year old living with both your best friends on either side of you. Some people have jobs and getting together with friends is hard. You know, like adults have to do.

That's really uncalled for. There is no need for such hostility. For someone claiming to be an adult, you don't seem to act like one.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 7 of 20 (430 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 15, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:
don't play online,

although what you just said is pretty off topic, its true. im not going to drive to my friends just to play a match of all stars whenever i want to. online is there for a reason, so you can play whenever you want against others, with a variety of strategy and challenge

HTML tutorial

Message 8 of 20 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:
don't play online,

no need to be so touchy about this man, you think i play this game everyday?

i'm in college right now, and my friends go to different ones, so i had to stop playing this game for a couple of months.

when we all had breaks that were synced up somehow, i used the opportunity to call them up and finally introducing this game to them early February, and we had a blast, playing for hours while also catching up with each other.

tl;dr = a day's worth of offline multiplayer is worth more than months of online imo...

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 20 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I have no connection issues at all. Only have issues with ragequiting. Are you from some backwoods middle of nowhere in america? (did not mean that offensively thats a real question) or from some country other than america?

Everyone is blaming superbot and servers for lag and connection issues when its clearly on your end and not the developers.

TIPS:

1. use a wired connection

2. buy a faster internet service

3. play with friends online that way you are all close enough that their will be no connection issues

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 10 of 20 (340 Views)
0 Likes