Jan 26 2013
By: XxJRodrigoxX Lombax Warrior 193 posts

This game is broken

11 replies 326 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

Okay so there's a lot of ranting on the forums, and the reasons are clear. The "patch" was more like a stab in the face if anything. And seeing as how a lot of you are trying to defend SuperBot for whatever reason, listen up because this isn't some immature rant and it's directed at you as much as it is at the people who ranting. The game is broken. Period.

1. When you buy a game, you expect it to work properly. That's a plain and simple fact. The bugs should be worked out, alpha and beta should have been run and all of the issues should have been reported and taken care of. From what I'm reading, bugs during the beta stage are still causing problems, so clearly the game isn't working properly.

2. Most of if not all of us have experience with online games, and there are quite a few things any idiot who has played an online game can come to expect, and I'll go into a bit of detail for each:

Host migration

Ping status

Reliabe server connection

Some Gods **bleep** balance

Host migration is obvious. We have too many players on here who suffer from the common e-peen mentality. Constant belligerent behavior on mic is one symptom. Constantly ragequitting is another. Ragequitting kills the game for everyone playing it. It's become a huge epidemic with this game and SuperBot does nothing to stop it. Penalize the ragequitters or rig the match to keep going even without the little boy who cried because he lost.

Ping status. Also a little obvious. Many online games I've played, Starhawk being the most frequent, has a ping status. This way, you know if a game you're entering is laggy and what your connection will be. This way you can AVOID jumping around the screen or missing a critical attack because your screen showed your enemy in front of you, when really they were behind you. PSASBR is riddled with lag, and seeing as how the one way to kill people is through a super, it's very aggravating to miss because the game failed to show the other player's movements.

Reliable server connection. That's self-defined and it's a constant problem, moreso since the patch. You have one of three outcomes- (1) Network error or failure to connect, (2) The connection breaks the moment the match begins, or (3) You somehow miraculously get a game going and it actually ends when you get to the Winner's screen and not by someone ragequitting. As many of you, I have been experiencing a larger problem with getting a match started. Before the patch, almost every other time I would be in a match. The game is becoming more and more like white noise to me as I wait for a match to connect and actually hold up.

Balance. In any online game, there are one of three ways you can win/lose: Experience with the game, higher level vs lower level, or imbalance issues. You gain experience by playing more and training in the practice area, simple fact. There are no high levels here. In PSASBR, that level next to your character means nothing. So you won enough matches to get to 999, big deal. You either spammed your way there or took the time to learn a character and make them your main. It seems imbalance issues are the greatest threat in PSASBR, I won't even bother to go into them. We all know that there are characters people spam and abuse just to win and it just makes you (the spammy player) look pathetic. There are tons of people who play who don't spam, and I for one intend to block those of you who just break the game.

3. No customer service. SuperBot can't respond to all of our questions and threads. They don't go surfing the internet for every PSASBR forum out there to talk to the players. But this is the official Playstation forum. You'd think they'd have at least one person in HR surfing the forum. I know when Kingdom of Amalur was in development, they had a few people on their forum who would answer questions and do a little customer service. Where are the SuperBot employees? Hiding in shame of their failed game?

That's all I got for now. Comment or not, I've said what's on my mind.

Message 1 of 12 (326 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Re: This game is broken

Jan 26, 2013

No offence I was scratching my head at 

"1. When you buy a game, you expect it to work properly. That's a plain and simple fact. The bugs should be worked out, alpha and beta should have been run and all of the issues should have been reported and taken care of. From what I'm reading, bugs during the beta stage are still causing problems, so clearly the game isn't working properly.

Technically not every fighting game worked perfectly when you buy, check the original marvel vs capcom 3 for example it had terrible netcode or street fighter X tekken before the 2013 patch.

Message 2 of 12 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Jan 26, 2013
If you think this is bad, go play Uncharted 3.

Message 3 of 12 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Umm I've owned uncharted 3 since launch and it doesn't have any near as many issues this has, it actually has host migration, they fix things without actual patches, they dont add problems with all of their patches, they actually improved from beta stage, and they're always balancing things.
Message 4 of 12 (271 Views)
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

Jan 26, 2013

dadno1001 wrote:

no you want a bad glitchy game try the WWE games. my god are they bad, not really the system more like people manually mess with they connection just so they can glitch! i never seen a game allow this and not disconnect someone.

Message 5 of 12 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 26, 2013

VorxDargo wrote:

dadno1001 wrote:

no you want a bad glitchy game try the WWE games. my god are they bad, not really the system more like people manually mess with they connection just so they can glitch! i never seen a game allow this and not disconnect someone.

Just spam R2 and make sure you have ring escape and you're bound to win... haven't played any of those since SVR11.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 6 of 12 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2303 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

SROVRSTRM wrote:

VorxDargo wrote:

dadno1001 wrote:

Just spam R2 and make sure you have ring escape and you're bound to win... haven't played any of those since SVR11.

the R2 trick has been weakened and you can only do ring escape twice in one match now.

Message 7 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 26, 2013

The ranking system uses belts, not your character level.

Message 8 of 12 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jan 26, 2013
That wasn't even what I was getting at if you read what I wrote. I didn't even mention the ranking system, so why was that brought up?
Message 9 of 12 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jan 26, 2013

dadno1001 wrote:

MP in Uncharted 3 is much, much better than this.

Message 10 of 12 (144 Views)
0 Likes