Oct 25 2012
By: Emmeno First Son 12 posts

This game is awsome, but a few critiques

5 replies 171 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

Hey all, been playing this game the last few days and I think it's incredible so far, I used to play brawl a lot and I have to say I think this game is overall better than brawl from what I've seen.

There are a few things I'm worry about though

Characters

Kratos: he seems a little too easy, not OP necessarily but too easy, he's already the god of war and TBH I don't think he's gonna need anymore help to be popular

Sweet tooth: his AP gain for lvl 2-3 blows, though maybe this is compensated for his super fast lvl 1 gain.
Most of his normals feel great though his chainsaw -seems- useless.
His lvl 1 and 2 super feel like they need a buff, lvl 1 gets stuffed out really easy (though maybe that's because it's sooo fast to get) and his lvl 2 is only useful if everyone is clumped up which seems kinda ridiculous for a super that takes so long to build

Radec: Sniper rifle might be a little powerful on flat maps, but then again that's probably where it SHOULD shine.

fat princess: is a litle difficult to just pick up and play, maybe this is intended but I think this will lead to her being very unpopular considering other choices are bad A's like kratos, toothy and radec.

her lvl 3 might need a buff

Sly seems great where he is, super 1 is a monster

Parappa: in 1v1 this guy will probably be great, I think he suffers in a group setting though because he's so close range.

Game

Supers feel AMAZING when you kill someone, they feel very powerful and I love that they managed to make the normals feel great too.  The problem I see with the supers is that they are the ONLY (as far as I know) way to kill someone and I think this might get repetitive after seeing (example) sweet tooth sparta kicking someone to death for the 3000th time.  I think the game would benefit to have more diverse ways to kill someone such as ring outs or special items.

Supers being the only way to kill someone also means that a HUGE amount of pressure is going to mean that a characters entire viability will be based on if their super/AP gain is any good, your normals don't mean jack if your supers suck.
Ring outs/items would allieviate this problem because even if a characters supers sucked maybe they had good ringout normals?

Anyway those are my concerns.  Back to battling for me!

Message 1 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Re: This game is awsome, but a few critiques

Oct 25, 2012

Sly's #1 is a beast I won all my matches with it and I love that you can go invincible with it great for when radec is using his lvl 3. one thing I want to know though, what do the numbers mean next towards your character sly is 27 now for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 2 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

Oct 25, 2012

27 means your kills i believe you've got from playing online or your level. One or the other. If people can't be arsed to take the time to learn a character then who cares there's plenty to choose from.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Message 3 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Emmeno wrote:
Game

Supers feel AMAZING when you kill someone, they feel very powerful and I love that they managed to make the normals feel great too.  The problem I see with the supers is that they are the ONLY (as far as I know) way to kill someone and I think this might get repetitive after seeing (example) sweet tooth sparta kicking someone to death for the 3000th time.  I think the game would benefit to have more diverse ways to kill someone such as ring outs or special items.

There is one announced item that can kill, it's the medusa head from GoW.
And Sweet Tooth's level 1 is not him kicking someone, he straps dynamite to them and kicks them away.

I also think it could be improved by making Tooth's lvl 1 where if the character with the dynamite hits anyone else, then they die too.

Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 4 of 6 (105 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Oct 25, 2012
They do die if they hit someone else. I try to aim for others with it.
Message 5 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 25, 2012

No, the dynamite is on a timer.  If you kick someone at someone else but the timer hasn't gone off, they will just pass through.  I wish they would change it to impact.

Message 6 of 6 (49 Views)
0 Likes