Nov 20 2012
By: Retrac-kun Lombax Warrior 139 posts

This Opens The Door For A Truly Polished And Spectacular PS4 Sequel...

[ Edited ]
10 replies 358 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

IGN gave the game an 8 and thats about right in my opinion. Gamespot gave it a 6.5 which I also understand. I don't know if Gameinformer rated it but i'm expecting they will rate it about the same as Gamespot. I've read a lot of other reviews and it seems like they all believe it is a good game that isn't as polished as it should be. They also seem to truly want a Sequel that fixes the problems that this game has. Although the reviews arent the best, for the most part they agree that theres a good game to be found in this franchise.

I think the biggest issues are the Story(particularly how it lacks in Cinematics and you know... story), the balancing issues are a problems you know, some supers are way better then others and thats not okay. Also although you can unlock things it's not all that fun. I mean it's a ton of unlockables but who really cares, I for one would have liked to unlock half the roster and some stages because it's plain fun. The bad thing is on top of all those issues we have fanboys and biased opinions purposely trying their hardest to kill the game. Even with those issues and reviews it's still a great game, the fighting is wonderful and fluid, the stages are great, the characters are diverse and unique, and there is still plenty of competitive metagame for those who stick around and don't let opinions of someones else dictate their purchase. One thing they all said though is that the game is fun and I believe it is too. For those of you who are worried, don't be, Whether Superbot is at the helm or not the seeds of Playstation Allstars have been planted and i'm sure we will see a Polished Sequel on the PS4. THANK YOU SUPERBOT I love the game and I hope You or Sony don't let these reviews discourage you I would love to see you and your game grow. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE GAME. Now time to go play!!!!!!!XD

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 1 of 11 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Re: I Don't Disagree With The Reviews...

Nov 20, 2012

The presentation is definitely an issue. I remember playing the beta and thinking that's just how it would look during that time. I was quite disappointed when that same look carried through to the final game.

Message 2 of 11 (315 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Nov 20, 2012
People wanna make fun of it and say it is weaker than Brawl...Brawl basically had no story..you mean that subspace mode where Sonic showed up at the end? A fighting game with Mario and Sonic in it but they don't even acknowledge one another...I know its not relevant too your post but it felt like I need too post that here.
Message 3 of 11 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: This Opens The Door For A Truly Polished And Spectacular PS4 Sequel...

Nov 20, 2012
in Gamesradar's review, the last sentence indicated that they were anticipating a sequel...
Play For Fun!
Message 4 of 11 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

The presentation is definitely an issue. I remember playing the beta and thinking that's just how it would look during that time. I was quite disappointed when that same look carried through to the final game.

And what's worse, Omar said in an interview that the final version would look WAY better than the beta version.

Message 5 of 11 (265 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 20, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

And what's worse, Omar said in an interview that the final version would look WAY better than the beta version.

I don't know about you two, but I can feel that it's more polished than the betas were.  Not much, but it's more crisp.

If the sequel splits up between a PS4 and Vita game rather than go through Cross-Buy and -Play, I'm sure it will graphically-speaking look much better as well.  The Vita noticeably held the PS3 version back graphically (not that I care about graphics, mind you).  This point's a bit unrelated, but I thought I'd get it out there.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 11 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I know it's a bit early to talk about a sequel BUUUT, If Superbot isn't able to get Crash, Spyro, Cloud, etc as DLC. And they get the characters for the sequel.

What if during Sony's E3 conference a few years from now, when they're announcing the launch line up for the PS4. They show off Allstars 2, and by doing so they show off Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and one character from the first game to show how much it has changed. They show off the game, the match ends, and Chan Park says "We have one more announcement for you guys, we're revealing an additional character that will be playable on the show floor. BLAHBLAHBLAH."

The room goes dark, and all you hear is this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

... And see the character in CG.

If that happens, no one would have any right to complain! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I read reviews and this is the only thing I will say: This game does not have a story mode. Go look at the modes again and find the exact words "Story mode". Story=/=Arcade.

Message 8 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Major problems if you ask me are:

- Roster far from amazing. A lot of missing characters, and some who are actually in the game aren't a part of Playstation's history in any way. The number it's not a problem, the choices are. This problem alone if fixed would make the game far better.

- Some stages are awesome, others simply don't work. LocoRoco / Metal Gear Solid is an awful mix, it simply doesn't look right at all. It's not elegant, it's just random things together. Stowaways / Columbia is fine for example, even if Columbia shouldn't be in this game in the first place but OK.

- A good amount of unlockables, but some of them are really lame. Backgrounds for the menu? Really? Icons? C'mon.

- The rivals are interesting, but the cutscenes are God-awful and the story itself is simply a number of random matches.

- Graphics un-impressive and not always inspired (which is connected to the stage problem).

In the end, it's a nice game, don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't give it more than 7. I hope that this is a test for making this brand famous and important so maybe the sequel will be comparable to Super Smash Bros.

Message 9 of 11 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 21, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

- but the cutscenes are God-awful and the story itself is simply a number of random matches.

The first part sounds exactly like SSE, and the second just like Melee's Classic Mode and SSB64's "Story" Mode to me, so I'm assuming you definitely complained about those, too.  If not, I'm invalidating this point immediately.

Everything else has some form of merit (although the graphics one is easily blamed on the Vita), but this one perfectly describes the Smash single-player modes.  Graphically-speaking, SSE's cutscenes weren't bad, but they were just boring otherwise.  Kind of like SSE.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 10 of 11 (114 Views)
0 Likes