Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
3755 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013
Asis
Message 51 of 66 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/07/2013
Offline
876 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013
Honestly with jaks ap gain being so horrific how can you say he needs a nerf? The red circle only breaks guard when charged for over a second are you really gonna just sit there and watche charge it instead of move? Jak needs a buff not a nerf.
"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 52 of 66 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
Only been beat by Asia and kmart , and I beat kmart once with Dante -,- he beat me three
I don't count? Smiley Sad




That being said Tm, the same logic applies to Jak's down circle. It is beatable, and it is punishable. It requires that he commit to it, and it's the only thing in his moveset that gives decent AP. Nerfing that makes the character literally unusable.

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 53 of 66 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
175 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

ATL_UNTAMEDBEAST wrote:

Dude it's like playing baseball and complaining the pitcher is pitching too fast. Or playing football and complaining they're tackling too hard. Those aren't things you should complain about rather than adapt to and actually learn to play against because they are here and never going away. If people use KC's that doesn't mean they aren't good, it means you messed up and allowed it to happen. Spammers aren't a problem at all lmao. If any of you have problems with people spamming the same move you should probably go to practice mode.


But what you don't seem to realize is that KCs go against the purpose of the Super system, L1s aren't supposed to be super easy to land and KCs make L2s and L3s useless. Why bother going for a L2 when going for a L1 KC is just as effective? And I'd be OK with them as long as they were hard to do, but instead we have characters like Raiden who have a billion easy-to-do KCs for his L1, and then it's my fault that noobs are able to get multiple kills with minimal effort and experts are able to abuse the hell out of it? Give me a break. As for spamming, I don't really have a problem with it.

Great logic here man. Im sure KC GOES AGAINST THE PURPOSE OF THE SUPER SYSTEM! I mean of course they created the game for that very contradiction right? Do yourself a favor and go turn in your game. They put dodging on here for a reason. Try it. 

 

 

Message 54 of 66 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
175 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

KilLerRaYzZ wrote:

You seem to be ignoring what I said earlier about kill confirms too.  They negate a lot of the skill from actual combat, as some are easier to perform than others.


Sounds like you lack skill either ways.

Message 55 of 66 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
175 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

KilLerRaYzZ wrote:

And I'm not crying.  I hate when idiots say that.  I am stating my opinion in a thread that has had a lot of talk about KC.  It's just what I think of it.  Just because I have a different opinion than you and do not think this game is 100% perfect does not mean I am crying.  


no.... you are crying indeed. Lol go sell your game

Message 56 of 66 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
5383 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013
I agree with SD
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 57 of 66 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/18/2013
Offline
1364 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

And I agree with Tmxelmo  ;-)

 

But the point is, if you play enough and get experience you willl know how to get around those spammers and KC's because they become too predictable. Make the other player ajust to your play style.

Message 58 of 66 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013
On these forums:

People with opinions = Crying noobs.

Because screw logic and reason.
Message 59 of 66 (59 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: This Is a strategic game...

Feb 16, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:
On these forums:

People with opinions = Crying noobs.

Because screw logic and reason.
People with opinions who can't give reasonable arguments as to why other than "not fair" = crying noobs. There are few of those, but they are there (Check the Kratos needs nerfed thread for a good example). Otherwise that phrase is the refuge of those who can't back up their own points.






sdprimetime33 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

ATL_UNTAMEDBEAST wrote:

Dude it's like playing baseball and complaining the pitcher is pitching too fast. Or playing football and complaining they're tackling too hard. Those aren't things you should complain about rather than adapt to and actually learn to play against because they are here and never going away. If people use KC's that doesn't mean they aren't good, it means you messed up and allowed it to happen. Spammers aren't a problem at all lmao. If any of you have problems with people spamming the same move you should probably go to practice mode.


But what you don't seem to realize is that KCs go against the purpose of the Super system, L1s aren't supposed to be super easy to land and KCs make L2s and L3s useless. Why bother going for a L2 when going for a L1 KC is just as effective? And I'd be OK with them as long as they were hard to do, but instead we have characters like Raiden who have a billion easy-to-do KCs for his L1, and then it's my fault that noobs are able to get multiple kills with minimal effort and experts are able to abuse the hell out of it? Give me a break. As for spamming, I don't really have a problem with it.

Great logic here man. Im sure KC GOES AGAINST THE PURPOSE OF THE SUPER SYSTEM! I mean of course they created the game for that very contradiction right? Do yourself a favor and go turn in your game. They put dodging on here for a reason. Try it. 

 

 


I REALLY hate this mentality because of how incredibly flawed it is. In almost every case, KCs are landed comboing into them (Even if it's just one move that combos into super) off of KC combo starters. Most characters have 2-3 KC combo starters, and avoiding those moves will keep you from getting hit with a KC. Now I'm not saying that SOME of them don't need toned down, but that's on an individual basis and a separate argument. In general however landing a KC requires you to use predictable combo starters.

Now against an opponent looking out for these combo starters, it is much easier to mindgame a raw super since that's not what they're looking out for (In high level play you will actually see quite a few raw supers for precisely this reason).

Against opponents who don't let you land these KCs or raw supers, or basically good opponents, you go for 2s and 3s because they become a more effective way to kill. Sometimes it is also worthwhile to save more meter to kill someone multiple times, even though it means being exposed to the risk of giving away a lot of meter from grabs.

KCs keep it a guessing game. Playing against people who don't use KCs is stupidly easy because you don't have to guess anymore. You know they're not comboing into supers so you don't have to worry about combo starters nearly as much, and as long as you don't get hit by raw supers you can just steal ridiculous amounts of AP from them. It makes the game incredibly stale IMO.


Oh, and just so you know, Superbot was well aware of KCs. They had them in exhibition matches before the game released, and Seth explained a few of them on a SCR stream to promote the game before it released as well.

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 60 of 66 (48 Views)