Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
123 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Meisterdieb1412 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

I think your exaggerating, yeah I tend to run into lag and a few glitches, but the online is pretty good.


Unable to play a single match. Sure, we're exaggerating!

 


Yeah, 'cause that means no one can play a single match.Smiley Indifferent

/sarcasm

 

I'm playing just fine right now. Why don't you just try again later?


 

There are more than enough people who share this problem and just because you can play doesn't mean we there's nothing to be fixed.

 

Also, there's no point in a connection-speedtest because if all other online games work perfectly I won't give a **bleep** if my internet is "too slow" for this game. That would simply confirm the bad programming on the online part. Or should I start paying more money for a faster connection just because they couldn't get this game right? Don't be so selfish people. We paid the same price as you did.

 

Message 21 of 76 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/13/2012
Offline
1329 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

It sucks, it's full of Rage quiters, spammers, glitches (I'm always thrown across the map or hit with a super I wasn't even close to) this game isn't very fun online at all.


Upgrade your internet. Played 5-6 hours today, not a single laggy game went bad in any way and no rage quitters anywhere.

I'm glad I'm not in your region Smiley Happy

 

The "no quit" point gain is a nice touch to people for not leaving, in a long period of time. Even when losing badly Smiley Happy

 


Meisterdieb1412 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Meisterdieb1412 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

I think your exaggerating, yeah I tend to run into lag and a few glitches, but the online is pretty good.


Unable to play a single match. Sure, we're exaggerating!

 


Yeah, 'cause that means no one can play a single match.Smiley Indifferent

/sarcasm

 

I'm playing just fine right now. Why don't you just try again later?


 

There are more than enough people who share this problem and just because you can play doesn't mean we there's nothing to be fixed.

 

Also, there's no point in a connection-speedtest because if all other online games work perfectly I won't give a **bleep** if my internet is "too slow" for this game. That would simply confirm the bad programming on the online part. Or should I start paying more money for a faster connection just because they couldn't get this game right? Don't be so selfish people. We paid the same price as you did.

 


No game developer expect you to have a modem connection still or a 1 Mbit download. You can't play any other games with such a connection.

 

Your comment makes as much sense as saying you bought the same fancy seats for a car as I did, but you didn't buy the engine and now expect to be able to drive like me. You can use the seat in your own garage, but can't take it for a spin.

That's about it.

Message 22 of 76 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/18/2007
Offline
4137 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012

Sorry to post this offtopic, but RedLegend, I tried to PM you about your sig but it says I can't send it because you share the same name with another person. If you know where I could get a sig likes your for Drake, please tell me. I have searched this and can't find them, Thanks and sorry for posting off topic again.


#Reapers
Message 23 of 76 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
2105 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012
I've had next to no issues with the online in this game... weird. Only a couple of disconnects and some rare lag issues. Other than that, it's really solid for me! Love this game! Smiley Very Happy
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 24 of 76 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
181 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012

I don't see why they can't just give those who rage quit a rage quit penalty, and the people who are affected when the player leaves get all levels they earned up to that point.

Message 25 of 76 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4140 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012
i played online for about 4 hours last night, i had about 5 matches were i could not see the other person, im guessing that's lag? But other then that it was fine

For the first time ever i actually had a intelligent conversation with random people, i'm loving the player base.
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 26 of 76 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2440 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012

Meisterdieb1412 wrote:
There are more than enough people who share this problem and just because you can play doesn't mean we there's nothing to be fixed.

 

Also, there's no point in a connection-speedtest because if all other online games work perfectly I won't give a **bleep** if my internet is "too slow" for this game. That would simply confirm the bad programming on the online part. Or should I start paying more money for a faster connection just because they couldn't get this game right? Don't be so selfish people. We paid the same price as you did.

 


Where did all this come from? All I said was that you should try again later. Plus you said it yourself, just because you're having problems doesn't mean everybody else is, I've been playing just fine and so have other people. 

Message 27 of 76 (155 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
2105 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012
There are SO many variables that affect online game play quality that nobody can assure everyone a good experience.

Your best bet is to try and isolate the problem. Not to sound like Tek support (heh) but try the following:

1. Play at various times of the day, early in the morning, afternoon, and the evening. Your latency can vary vastly depending on what kind of traffic is on your network link.

2. Try adjusting your network settings on the PS3. Make sure you use wired ethernet and not wireless.

3. If you are using wireless, turn off devices like the bluetooth controller (use a wire) or microwave (yes I really had problems with my wireless whenever my microwave was switched on).

4. Try using NAT2 with UPNP available (if you haven't done that already) that's what I'm using and it works fine.

Since you say other games play fine but not this game, it could indeed be this game is more finicky about the network settings but it could also be a bug that happens for you somehow. It works perfectly for me here.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 28 of 76 (144 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012
I've had no problems at all with two minor exceptions.

- A rage-quitter, but hey that never bothers me.
- My team mate stopped moving, though it wasn't bad because he got plenty of kills already to make up for it.

Honestly, I cannot see a point in the near future where I will not be completely and utterly ADDICTED to this game. I spent a good 4 hours playing before going online but once I did everything changed, and now I know I won't be getting much sleep - enjoying just about everything this game has to offer and my Vita cannot charge fast enough!
Message 29 of 76 (144 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10163 posts
 

Re: This Game's Online is Terrible

Nov 24, 2012
The game is hella fun online, but you're right the spam is ridiculous. It's the worst with sackboy because he can just sit in the back and throw cake all goddamn day and gets a level 2 super in like 20 to 30 seconds depending on how many times he gets the cake/gum to hit. That's just ridiculous. Sackboy can build like a freakin bunker around himself and get supers instantly.

The balance in the game is really crappy...all characters have tons of moves, but some moves are easier to combo with than others and give more AP and other attacks give like 5 AP so no one ever uses them.

sackboy, kratos, raiden and heihachi get supers insanely fast and they don't even need to use their level 3s and in some cases don't even need to use their level 2s... so they just build meter insanely fast and get to spam supers while other characters take quite a while to get one.

Sly is insane...if you learn how to play him right he's the most annoying character ever, but at least for the love of god make his level 1 cancellable.

Some people do quit but it's not often..not as often as shooters. I notice this game has insane connection issues once in a while. I'll play like 20 good matches and then I'll run into like 5 matches where everyone's freezing or teleporting like mad and I'll get disconnected.

Despite balance issues, this game is hella fun and I can't stop playing...it's just infuriating when I die to crap like dodging out of supers but I still somehow get caught in it...or OP supers...or get into fights with characters that gain AP faster than every other character.
Message 30 of 76 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes