Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: This Game is pretty bad.

Jan 11, 2013

Harutoa wrote:

I never thought I would be typing something like this, but here it goes. I really hate to say this, but this game is terrible. The menu is bland and in general a eye sore. I know thats kinda pointless but you have to make first impressions, ya know? The arcade mode is so.....monotonous, nothing is really learned, you just have to kinda assume everything. The rivalry cutscenes are nice could be longer in my opinion but oh well. The final fight puts no justice into this mode, Polygon Man was a real creative choice but you don't really fight him, you just fight other all-stars, that are rendered in a different palette. and you wail on P-MAN  through certain intervals. After you win your greeted with a  STILL PICTURE ending with your character mentioning the power he or she has gained through the ordeal. I will give this mode a  5/10  and thats being really generous. The rivalry cutscenes  really makes this mode worth it for me. I never thought in my life I would see Drake talking **bleep** to Sly.  

The combat system is different and a change of pace, from a regular brawler which i liked but, there was so many cheap combos to me. Like Dantes' combo when he starts it up then cancels and then keeps repeating the same combo. or Sly's counter which can be spammed with no consequence. Theirs alot more things i know haven't mentioned but you get the message, lol. It  just seems like not a lot of thought was put into this combat system to me. 

I was going to rant on for awhile but I kinda want to know what you guys, think.

The game is pretty good. Just need some tuning and balancing so op characters can be brought down to to the rest of the characters. Dont know how much time they had to make the game. I think they needed a little more time to make some changes. For the most part I am enjoying the game and hope future updates fixes these. Dont let the spamming community that take advantage of exploits ruin you fn of the game. Hopefully SB fixes these problems, these people with the cheap characters will have to think and setup these characters better. Alot of them will leave altogether and try to bad mouth the game afterwards.

Message 31 of 39 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Not perfect, but not terrible either. It's just about as good as it should be - which is its biggest drawback.

Hopefully a sequel will allow them to expand and experiment further to bring something new to the table.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 32 of 39 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

May 8, 2013
BLASPHEMY POLYGON MAN USE HEADBUTT
Message 33 of 39 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

May 8, 2013

The game itself sucks and the Super Smash Brothers series will always be better then this "Playstation All Stars" when clearly issac from dead space has done nothing for the Playstation brand, god it wouldnt even suprise me if Naruto, or Batman, or Godzilla is our next DLC, but its fun to play online and make people mad by tbagging when you kill them.

The sequel itself if they ever release one has a lot of potential but otherwise incomplete menu and how this game cant even compare to Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (a psp game), this game just sucks straight up! but its fun to play online when bored. 

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 34 of 39 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

May 8, 2013

Hero_of_winds wrote:

The game itself sucks and the Super Smash Brothers series will always be better then this "Playstation All Stars" when clearly issac from dead space has done nothing for the Playstation brand, god it wouldnt even suprise me if Naruto, or Batman, or Godzilla is our next DLC, but its fun to play online and make people mad by tbagging when you kill them.

The sequel itself if they ever release one has a lot of potential but otherwise incomplete menu and how this game cant even compare to Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (a psp game), this game just sucks straight up! but its fun to play online when bored. 

kratos-deal.jpg

Message 35 of 39 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

May 8, 2013

I didn't know Mods posted their opinions on forums!

Really, in the past 6 or 7 forums I have been a regular on, this is a first!

Message 36 of 39 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

May 8, 2013
The game has many weak parts but the multiplayer is great. As an overall package the game is good. However personally I love this game.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 37 of 39 (106 Views)
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

May 8, 2013

game is bad, that is all

Message 38 of 39 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

May 8, 2013

This game is far from terrible. Flawed, but not terrible.

Message 39 of 39 (82 Views)
0 Likes