Wastelander
756 posts

Re: This Game Will Go Down As The Biggest Disappointment Ever

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Yeah it's disappointing for many reasons for me.

- Dino, Raiden, Heihaichi, and Big Daddy 

- Ratchet's level 3, I don't know but it seemed very unimaginative and out of the blue stupid

- Weird 1st party picks such as Fat Princess and Nariko

- Sir Dan's level 3 was disappointing as well

- The beta leak, it ruined all the hype 

- No JRPG inclusion whatsoever (this one I hate the most. Really SB really)

- Having to explain to my friends why Dino, Big Daddy, and Raiden is in (Dear God I hate that their in so much, I had to explain to 4 of my friends why he was in. 2 out of those 4 dropped it for laughing at their inclusion so much)

These are my opinions though. I don't know how others feel. I'm still getting the game because Spike is in it, but if he wasn't I would've probably ditched this game a LONG time ago.

Message 81 of 129 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

What the hell? First of all, what gave you the idea that this game will be a disappointment? I hate when people start judging videogames before even trying them. Secondly, this game might even be better than Smash Brothers Brawl. 

In Brawl. all we had to do was wait around and knock the opponent around until their damage meter goes up and HOPE they get off th stage. In All stars, all we have to do is unlock our Super attacks and destroy the other enemies. Also, this game will bring childhood memories back to those who were fans of (Kratos, Spike, etc). There was also a rumor that FF characters will be included as well. 

Anyways, why did you even post this thread? Especially since its full of fans that support this game and have high hopes/expectations from it. Give this game a chance..it's only just the beginning.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 82 of 129 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Just Nintendo's continued lack of third party support!

And I'm afraid you're an idiot.
SSB
SUPER SMASH BROS.
Not just Brawl...

1. Two Marios in Melee, Mario and Doctor Mario
2. Daisy- Alternate costume: Brawl
Baby Mario: I'm afraid not , but the series isn't over
Piranha Plant: Appears in 2-3 stages throughout the series
3. Nintendo "icon" isn't really accurate. In fact there was no official marketing using the character. He was just in a few titles. The first "Nintendo icon" ( when they started making games anyway ) was Donkey Kong.
4. Sonic- Genesis
Snake- MSX2, NES much later
Simon Belmont- FDS, NES a year later
Mega man: NES
I feel that Simon and Megaman would be better Nintendo representatives as well due to breakout success of Castlevania and Megaman on the NES. Snake didn't hit big till PS1 and Sonic didn't appear on Nintendo until GameCube. But has also appeared on PS2 and 360 now.
5. He never said Brawl. He said Super Smash Brothers
Melee: Link and Kid Link
Brawl: Toon Link
6: Captain Falcon isn't the "protagonist" of F-Zero. He's just another racer, who after getting so much love from being in SSB became the only playable character in a shoddy story mode of F-Zero GX on GameCube. But no, in the original or 64 version he was not the "protaganist" no one could even pick him out of a line-up. SSB made Captain Falcon popular. So he became the most recognizable racer. Even though there are MANY others.
7. ...what? And "Nintendo matters"? I don't see a problem with using "obscure characters" but if the Virtual Boy is playable in the next one, I'm done.

I'm sorry, I'm not a Nintendo fan and I was always afraid that it was holding me back. By now I see that Nintendo fans carry around this huge weight of nostalgia that keeps them from making objective decisions. It's kind of sad, really.
Message 83 of 129 (138 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 5, 2012

thelegendaryD wrote:

What the hell? First of all, what gave you the idea that this game will be a disappointment? I hate when people start judging videogames before even trying them. Secondly, this game might even be better than Smash Brothers Brawl. 

In Brawl. all we had to do was wait around and knock the opponent around until their damage meter goes up and HOPE they get off th stage. In All stars, all we have to do is unlock our Super attacks and destroy the other enemies. Also, this game will bring childhood memories back to those who were fans of (Kratos, Spike, etc). There was also a rumor that FF characters will be included as well. 

Anyways, why did you even post this thread? Especially since its full of fans that support this game and have high hopes/expectations from it. Give this game a chance..it's only just the beginning.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale! 

i agree with this for the most part.  we have no idea how the final version of this game will play so we can't really judge it.  people thought the first smash brothers was a pretty odd idea too because it didn't have any health meters (the typical fighting game mechanic) but once everyone tried the final product they loved it.  And personally, i never grew up with nintendo.  i had a genesis, ps1, ps2, and ps3.  i did have a gamecube but only to play melee and a few other games that didn't involve nintendo characters.  i've never played a single zelda game and only played a few mario games, part of a metroid game, and i think part of a star fox games.  The only characters that got me super excited in brawl were snake and sonic.  for me, playstation characters are the ones i hold dear

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 84 of 129 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 5, 2012
RexLozuresky (Wastelander)
2:47 PM
Keiji_again wrote:
RexLozuresky (Wastelander)
10:07 AM
Keiji_again wrote:
Coles = Marth and Roy.
And I don't blame Sucker Punch. The whole point of Infamous is to become the ultimate hero or villian. The fact that both elements get equal footing is a treat, for fans anyway.

And for people complaining about roster size against Super Smash Bros.
PSAS environments, characters, and models are better rendered and have more animations than SSB. It's quality VS quantity.

Stop being stupid.

You're comparing the graphics of an almost 5 year old game on a less powerful console with Battle Royale. And we're the stupid. And anyway, it doesn't mean anything. Brawl looks better anyway, Battle Royale doesn't have stages as good as Norfair or Pirate Ship. They're kinda bad actually.

*facepalm*
You can't read can you? Actually...I think it's the comprehension you're having trouble with. Take my post to an adult and have them read it to you. That way you might understand what I said. And if you come back with the same result, then I am afraid you indeed are "the stupid".
Yeah OK, you react all the same lol. I'm the stupid, bye dude.

And anyway, to the other guys. Yeah I can say that Brawl looks better than Battle Royale. You talk about quality over quantity, but you let the number of pixels decide the result. Yoshi's Island looks better than this game. When you understand why I said this last thing, we can continue, otherwise I don't care you can still think this game's amazingly perfect, no hard feelings.

*sigh*
My point was that it isn't an opinion. Even by ratio, PSAS characters have more animations and textures than Brawl's. The same goes for the stages. From a purely technical point of view: ie from the logical perspective: PlayStation All Stars has less characters because the quality of the characters is Higher.

In terms you can understand.

They are shinier and make do more stuff. So the characters take up more room on the cd.

EVEN BY RATIO, The characters take up more data than characters in Brawl. So no, the roster doesn't seem small. Plus, this game supports updates, DLC, and Online (that works). Aspects your precious Nintendo still has problems with. PSAS has the potential to be great. It is also fun to play, easy to learn, and hard to master. Best of all, I don't have to change my setup at all. I can play it right on my PS3, and not have to dig my Wii out of the back of the closet. Which I haven't done since No More Heroes 2.
See...because the Wii sucks...
Message 85 of 129 (118 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:

SSB
SUPER SMASH BROS.
Not just Brawl...

3. Nintendo "icon" isn't really accurate. In fact there was no official marketing using the character. He was just in a few titles. The first "Nintendo icon" ( when they started making games anyway ) was Donkey Kong.
4. Sonic- Genesis
I feel that Simon and Megaman would be better Nintendo representatives as well due to breakout success of Castlevania and Megaman on the NES. Snake didn't hit big till PS1 and Sonic didn't appear on Nintendo until GameCube. But has also appeared on PS2 and 360 now.
6: Captain Falcon isn't the "protagonist" of F-Zero. He's just another racer, who after getting so much love from being in SSB became the only playable character in a shoddy story mode of F-Zero GX on GameCube. But no, in the original or 64 version he was not the "protaganist" no one could even pick him out of a line-up. SSB made Captain Falcon popular. So he became the most recognizable racer. Even though there are MANY others.
7. ...what? And "Nintendo matters"? I don't see a problem with using "obscure characters" but if the Virtual Boy is playable in the next one, I'm done.

I'm sorry, I'm not a Nintendo fan and I was always afraid that it was holding me back. By now I see that Nintendo fans carry around this huge weight of nostalgia that keeps them from making objective decisions. It's kind of sad, really.

I agree with all the things you said because you know your history which not many ppl know these days sadly. 

Message 86 of 129 (110 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Smiley Very Happy
Message 87 of 129 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Mario and Dr Mario
Link and Toon Link
Fox-Wolf-Falco

Man, you certainly suck at being a hater

Message 88 of 129 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:

SSB
SUPER SMASH BROS.
Not just Brawl...

4. Sonic- Genesis

Captain Falcon was the main protagonist in the orginal F-Zero there just wasn't a story mode in the game. The manuals say that he is a bounty hunter and essentially the only one of the four who didn't have some shifty angle. I think Dr. Stuart eventually is seen as a good guy but Falcon was on the cover of the game and was pretty much known as the main character way before Super Smash Bros on the 64 came around.

Message 89 of 129 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

gd0823 wrote:

Mario and Dr Mario
Link and Toon Link
Fox-Wolf-Falco

Man, you certainly suck at being a hater