Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: This Game Will Go Down As The Biggest Disappointment Ever

Oct 5, 2012

I think we are missing the point about clone characters. Just because they are in SSB doesn't make the idea okay. Clones should always just be additional costumes for that character in my opinion. That or put under the characters as a modified move set.

Message 91 of 129 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 5, 2012
General assumption. I didn't get enough evidence to say he's the "protaganist". He was never my main. And I never felt like his story was a highlight. Now that it's the only one the series explores, I don't like it as much. I still think that he wouldn't have been considered the main character, if it weren't for SSB.

Just my opinion. My incredibly cynical and jaded opinion.
Message 92 of 129 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

would love topic thread destroying rights. id kill this thread and your posting rights. and allow u back in only to say i told u so after this game rocks your socks off. then kick u out again to further avoid dump topics

Message 93 of 129 (159 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 5, 2012
what...?
Message 94 of 129 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
what...?

was that hard to understand... stupid topic... needs destroying...tc needs not post anymore threads if this is his most thought out idea. 

Message 95 of 129 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Let's get real any one here who has played Infamous knows why suckerpunch wanted 2 Coles.

Message 96 of 129 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I agree, two Coles makes sense.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 97 of 129 (103 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
Just Nintendo's continued lack of third party support!

And I'm afraid you're an idiot.
SSB
SUPER SMASH BROS.
Not just Brawl...

1. Two Marios in Melee, Mario and Doctor Mario
2. Daisy- Alternate costume: Brawl
Baby Mario: I'm afraid not , but the series isn't over
Piranha Plant: Appears in 2-3 stages throughout the series
3. Nintendo "icon" isn't really accurate. In fact there was no official marketing using the character. He was just in a few titles. The first "Nintendo icon" ( when they started making games anyway ) was Donkey Kong.
4. Sonic- Genesis
Snake- MSX2, NES much later
Simon Belmont- FDS, NES a year later
Mega man: NES
I feel that Simon and Megaman would be better Nintendo representatives as well due to breakout success of Castlevania and Megaman on the NES. Snake didn't hit big till PS1 and Sonic didn't appear on Nintendo until GameCube. But has also appeared on PS2 and 360 now.
5. He never said Brawl. He said Super Smash Brothers
Melee: Link and Kid Link
Brawl: Toon Link
6: Captain Falcon isn't the "protagonist" of F-Zero. He's just another racer, who after getting so much love from being in SSB became the only playable character in a shoddy story mode of F-Zero GX on GameCube. But no, in the original or 64 version he was not the "protaganist" no one could even pick him out of a line-up. SSB made Captain Falcon popular. So he became the most recognizable racer. Even though there are MANY others.
7. ...what? And "Nintendo matters"? I don't see a problem with using "obscure characters" but if the Virtual Boy is playable in the next one, I'm done.

I'm sorry, I'm not a Nintendo fan and I was always afraid that it was holding me back. By now I see that Nintendo fans carry around this huge weight of nostalgia that keeps them from making objective decisions. It's kind of sad, really.

1. Mirror climbing

2. Seriously? Mirror climbing. Brawl doesn't have alternate costumes, seriously people... And the series isn't over? What the **bleep** is supposed to mean? You're judging Smash Bros. by THE POSSIBILITY of the inclusion of some characters? Shut up.

3. Mr. Game & Watch was the protagonist of a series of CONSOLES with a game in it. He is an icon, like it or not.

4. I agree, they belong more to Nintendo. The point was that the dude criticized Brawl because it had outsiders, and then REQUESTED outsiders. I was just pointing out his ignorance.

5. Again, mirror climbing... It doesn't make ANY sense judging the roster of two different games the same time.

6. This is just ignorance. Never played F-Zero GX? And yeah he was the main even in F-Zero X. The only one was the first, in which there were 4 characters. Also, neither Colonel Radec is the protagonist of his game. Neither Raiden. You implied that they don't deserve the spot just to come after me, well done dude.

7. ROB was a fun addiction. He looks like a character, so why not? He failed, ok, it just means that Nintendo isn't afraid to admit mistakes and take itself too seriously. 

Now will you stop with your **bleep**, please?

Message 98 of 129 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
RexLozuresky (Wastelander)
2:47 PM
Keiji_again wrote:
RexLozuresky (Wastelander)
10:07 AM
Keiji_again wrote:
Coles = Marth and Roy.
And I don't blame Sucker Punch. The whole point of Infamous is to become the ultimate hero or villian. The fact that both elements get equal footing is a treat, for fans anyway.

And for people complaining about roster size against Super Smash Bros.
PSAS environments, characters, and models are better rendered and have more animations than SSB. It's quality VS quantity.

Stop being stupid.

You're comparing the graphics of an almost 5 year old game on a less powerful console with Battle Royale. And we're the stupid. And anyway, it doesn't mean anything. Brawl looks better anyway, Battle Royale doesn't have stages as good as Norfair or Pirate Ship. They're kinda bad actually.

*facepalm*
You can't read can you? Actually...I think it's the comprehension you're having trouble with. Take my post to an adult and have them read it to you. That way you might understand what I said. And if you come back with the same result, then I am afraid you indeed are "the stupid".
Yeah OK, you react all the same lol. I'm the stupid, bye dude.

And anyway, to the other guys. Yeah I can say that Brawl looks better than Battle Royale. You talk about quality over quantity, but you let the number of pixels decide the result. Yoshi's Island looks better than this game. When you understand why I said this last thing, we can continue, otherwise I don't care you can still think this game's amazingly perfect, no hard feelings.

*sigh*
My point was that it isn't an opinion. Even by ratio, PSAS characters have more animations and textures than Brawl's. The same goes for the stages. From a purely technical point of view: ie from the logical perspective: PlayStation All Stars has less characters because the quality of the characters is Higher.

In terms you can understand.

They are shinier and make do more stuff. So the characters take up more room on the cd.

EVEN BY RATIO, The characters take up more data than characters in Brawl. So no, the roster doesn't seem small. Plus, this game supports updates, DLC, and Online (that works). Aspects your precious Nintendo still has problems with. PSAS has the potential to be great. It is also fun to play, easy to learn, and hard to master. Best of all, I don't have to change my setup at all. I can play it right on my PS3, and not have to dig my Wii out of the back of the closet. Which I haven't done since No More Heroes 2.
See...because the Wii sucks...

Lol it's funny because you still don't get it. But that's OK.

Message 99 of 129 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 5, 2012
^ Your comedic gold.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 100 of 129 (157 Views)
0 Likes