much**
Message 121 of 129 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Re: This Game Will Go Down As The Biggest Disappointment Ever

Oct 5, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

If you look at them as a whole, Uncharted IS Indiana Jones but with worse writing and easier puzzles.

Grizzled white guy with varying women travel around the globe destroying ancient architecture, with various religious backdrops. At some point there will be an evil guy either related to the tribe they're stealing from, or one of their old friends. There will also be a flashback to their childhood at some point.

Man, all we need now is a crappy fourth installment where he has a son that never shuts up.

Oh, I don't deny this at all. Nate Drake is definitely a modern Indy Jones. Oddly, while you view this as a criticism, it's pretty much the main thing that got me interested in the franchise to begin with. I'm a bit of a sucker for the cheesy pulp adventure genre to be honest Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 122 of 129 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
MarrowOchi (Sackboy)
8:41 AM
I have a deep rooted hatred for the 'Brown Hair White Skin' 'master race' of games nowadays. Nathan Drake is like an itemized list of all of them combined into one unlikable moron who spews catchphrases and murders foreigners.

I see where you are coming from, and agree to an extent. But in my opinion, self parody, whether intentional or not, makes a story that mucg more endearing. Drake's ridiculous cross between Indiana Jones and James Bond creates this sort larger then life, trying too hard to be funny, parody of the heroes from old 30's and 40's adventure seriels. Plus Nolan North plays the hell out of the character, and that's always a bonus (IMO). But the thing that makes the game, for me, is playing it. The shooting, the fighting, the intensity; it's all just fun mindless and over the top. I admit the overabundence of foreign enemies is a stupid design decision. But the laughable part is that there is always some behind the scenes British antagonist. Truly, my favorite cliche. If offensive matters held me back from playing great games, I don't think I 'd have much of a backlog. Not that I don't see your point, but I'd say play it anyway.

I agree with all of this.

And definitely, the evil British guy cliche in Uncharted is becoming so silly it has to be self-parody at this point. Roman was a cliche, Flynn was a variation on a cliche (he was a Cockney, innit?), EVERY ENEMY IN UC3 is on a new level entirely. As a Brit myself, I can safely say I laugh my arse off at how ridiculous it's gotten Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 123 of 129 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Agree with the OP Super Bot totally screwed up a game that coulda easily been better than any Smash Bros title. They just made all the wrong choices and made it as lame as possible and chose all the wrong characters. Rather tna listening to wat fans wanted they assumed wat they wanted. Shame too cause Sony needed this one to be a sucess but instead it's gunna crash and burn (Crash & Spyro will see to that for leaving them out).

Message 124 of 129 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Here we go again...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 125 of 129 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
Just another collection of worthless opinions. You truly think you've got something worthwhile to add don't you? Yeah, I'm done with my "****." Thanks for representing the Nintendo side of this whole thing, accurately.

Don't worry, I know it's easier to just insult me and not responding because you're not able to do it. No hard feelings, ok?

Message 126 of 129 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Why on earth is this thread still alive? It's even off topic. Hey moderators! Look! Look! A thread that needs locking! 

... Mods?

**bleep**, they aren't listening. Oh well I suppose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 127 of 129 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I'm just as surprised as you are. This thread is ridiculous.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 128 of 129 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

yeah i know right?

13 pages....

This thread has run its course. Locked!! Smiley Happy -space_cape!!

Play For Fun!
Message 129 of 129 (54 Views)
0 Likes