Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: This Forum is Strange....

Nov 15, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

If enough people complain then sony has to do something about it. Maybe our expectations are all high, and we just want this game to be the best game ever. Who knows but some complaints are pretty legit, looking a roster their only 20 characters thats seems kinda weak for a block buster game. Not enough female characters, where are the rpg characters? This is a 60 buck game, yes their are some games with small rosters but those are already esablish franchises. A lot of people are turn off by the mechanics, Only three moves matter in the end game. Multiple characters seem like they've only been included to promote upcoming games in the Spring (Bioshock Infinite, MGS: Rising, DmC). It seem like they have fallen short but it feel like it could've been so much more.  

Now on marketing nothing about ps all stars have really gone viral, things need to viral now if you want become sucessful, how many time have you heard ths stupid skyrim knee arrow joke. Today the game finally got into the top 100 on amazon, but only to 96 spot. Like gta 5 preorders already pass their total preorder when preoder just started today not good for sony. 

Their also of fear of milking dlc, maybe we only paying for half of the game. Are they going to release a super verison  right after few months.  

This game need a good online community it need to be substane, half of sony games their online become small or dead after few months like starhawk, twisted metal, mag, resistance, socom, and ect..  

TLDR: They need vamp their marketing, they need more content, missing some key components that define playstation, and tweak the mechanics. 

That's not someone supporting a game. That's someone who thinks the way to get what they want is to complain developers into submission. Think about it. You and a group of other people spend a couple of years working on something. All this hard work and time goes into it. And when you show it off, all you get in return is a bunch of people b*****ing because a character that you had zero control over didn't make it in, or that the cutscenes aren't in 3d.
I mean come on. What happened to supporting things you like? You think a sports fan is going to bash his on team because they played a bad game? No. He supports them. He keeps positive and enjoys it anyway because he knows they're doing the best they can. Why can't us gamers do that any more? Why is it so d*amn hard to do something as easy as being grateful?

Message 11 of 17 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

shadowmist007 wrote:

If enough people complain then sony has to do something about it. Maybe our expectations are all high, and we just want this game to be the best game ever. Who knows but some complaints are pretty legit, looking a roster their only 20 characters thats seems kinda weak for a block buster game. Not enough female characters, where are the rpg characters? This is a 60 buck game, yes their are some games with small rosters but those are already esablish franchises. A lot of people are turn off by the mechanics, Only three moves matter in the end game. Multiple characters seem like they've only been included to promote upcoming games in the Spring (Bioshock Infinite, MGS: Rising, DmC). It seem like they have fallen short but it feel like it could've been so much more.  

Now on marketing nothing about ps all stars have really gone viral, things need to viral now if you want become sucessful, how many time have you heard ths stupid skyrim knee arrow joke. Today the game finally got into the top 100 on amazon, but only to 96 spot. Like gta 5 preorders already pass their total preorder when preoder just started today not good for sony. 

Their also of fear of milking dlc, maybe we only paying for half of the game. Are they going to release a super verison  right after few months.  

This game need a good online community it need to be substane, half of sony games their online become small or dead after few months like starhawk, twisted metal, mag, resistance, socom, and ect..  

TLDR: They need vamp their marketing, they need more content, missing some key components that define playstation, and tweak the mechanics. 

That's not someone supporting a game. That's someone who thinks the way to get what they want is to complain developers into submission. Think about it. You and a group of other people spend a couple of years working on something. All this hard work and time goes into it. And when you show it off, all you get in return is a bunch of people b*****ing because a character that you had zero control over didn't make it in, or that the cutscenes aren't in 3d.
I mean come on. What happened to supporting things you like? You think a sports fan is going to bash his on team because they played a bad game? No. He supports them. He keeps positive and enjoys it anyway because he knows they're doing the best they can. Why can't us gamers do that any more? Why is it so d*amn hard to do something as easy as being grateful?

I totally do want to support them but im not paying 60 bucks for this game, i really want to but i feel it not a worth that much. Sorry if i had a ton of money i would, but i don't.  I post links on reddit all the time and help spread the word out.  I love how hardcore they are, and how involve they have been. But at the end the day looking at the content of the game it just haven't meet those expectations. But i do want this game to be really successful i want a sequel, i always have dreamt a game like this but maybe the dream was too big. Maybe if they lower the price to 50 bucks i would get the game. Sony need to start doing different startegy b/c not every game is 60 buck worthy. But if you pricing that you better meet those epxectations. I definitely will get this game down the line of course. I just hope its not too late by then. 

Message 12 of 17 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 15, 2012
many people share your same opinion, I fear that this game will be on the discount rack quickly. I do not want this to happy but it seems likely
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 13 of 17 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 15, 2012

You have to be sceptical with new releases from a dev who has literally 0 games under their belt. I'm fully expecting the game to flop miserably and leave a bad taste in my mouth like with literally everything I've preordered in the past. But it could also be a very great first game from a new dev.... but I'm not holding out hope for that one happening - but it could... maybe

Message 14 of 17 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

You have to be sceptical with new releases from a dev who has literally 0 games under their belt. I'm fully expecting the game to flop miserably and leave a bad taste in my mouth like with literally everything I've preordered in the past. But it could also be a very great first game from a new dev.... but I'm not holding out hope for that one happening - but it could... maybe

I think it will flop sales wise but as a game I have played the beta and demos and Iove just those and can't get enough from that small experience so I have hope in the final game. maybe after it is released more people will get it because it is not going to be a hit rite off the bat

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 15 of 17 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Yeah it just that fear man, if the game get like 9s and 10s then i might have to take that leap of faith and get the game. 

Message 16 of 17 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 15, 2012

i needs a 2v2 buddy any takers?

Message 17 of 17 (35 Views)
0 Likes