Re: Third Party Characters

Sep 6, 2012
Message 21 of 26 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 6, 2012
I don't want any "Third Party" exclusive characters anymore. Big Daddy is okay but that's it. I want some more characters with real PlayStation history. This isn't Multiplatform All-Stars.
Message 22 of 26 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 6, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
I don't want any "Third Party" exclusive characters anymore. Big Daddy is okay but that's it. I want some more characters with real PlayStation history. This isn't Multiplatform All-Stars.

Several multi-platform series have historically been much more associated with the PS brand and done much more to help push the PS brand than the majority of first party series. The likes of Crash, Spyro, Snake, Lara Croft, Cloud, etc. In a time when the PS brand was just starting out, their respective series helped pave the way for the birth of a giant in the video game industry. These characters not only became PS All-Stars but also video game icons. Lara Croft even managed to become a pop culture icon.

This is PlayStation All-Stars, not Sony All-Stars. A lot of characters that fit that description are multi-platform characters, particularly those that come from the PS1 era. There's nothing wrong with having multi-platform characters in the game. The fact that third party characters (many of which are multi-platform) will have a much bigger presence in PSA than in SSBB is one of the main reasons I'm so hyped for the game. It would be a disservice to not have the likes of Crash, Spyro, Snake, Lara Croft and Cloud in PSA.

Message 23 of 26 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

I said Third Party Exclusive, as in characters that aren't really established characters who have really helped the PlayStation brand. Assassins Creed, Street Fighter, and Mass Effect (for mentioned examples) are not really series that make you think of the PlayStation brand like other games would. Maybe I could have used a better term but basically yeah.. Some of the mentions don't really come off to me as worthy.

I'm aware that in this age it's about impossible to find a series that is 100% completely exclusive to the PlayStation but we could at least have characters who really are part of the history.

Message 24 of 26 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Raz and Raz and maybe raz

Message 25 of 26 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
928 posts