2026 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote

Yes, I have said several times that I forgot Lara and that I will add her the next time I update the roster. I will add Lara but I won't remove Agumon. 

I believe that Digimon are Playstation All-Stars and do belong in the game but I do not believe that they would be what Pokemon is to Smash Bros.  First off, there'd be no reasonable way to make the gameplay the same because digidevice are not like Pokeballs so having multiple Digimon as one character would be a no. I'd prefer if the fight style were similar to Digimon Rumble Arena. Toro so far is the closest thing we have to the Pokemon trainer in SSB.

Another things is that Digimon was a huge anime but also was a great Playstation exclusive back in the original generation.
Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation exclusives. Digimon Rumble Arena was also a Playstation Exclusive. 

Except here's the issue: DIGIMON IS A TOY FRANCHISE

Pokemon in Smash made sense because the first Pokemon thing ever released was Pokemon Red/Green, which was a VIDEO GAME, and therefore their appearance in a crossover of VIDEO GAME characters made sense.

The first thing released for the Digimon franchise was a series of Tamagotchi-style devices, meaning the franchise is a TOY franchise. Yes, there are video games, but they are BASED ON A TOY.

This is why I object, not just "urgh but it'd be a clone of Pokemon" but because Digimon, as a franchise, is NOT primarily a video game franchise, and as such doesn't fit the criteria for inclusion in this game. I also object to the baffling amount of requests I've seen for the likes Batman and Goku on the same grounds.

The first Pokemon game was Yellow, and the Red/Blue.

Digimon isn't a toy franchise, it's a multi-franchise title. Yes they sell toys, the first thing they made could be considered a toy, but the entire franchise isn't toy's anymore. With the history it had in Playstation, it still deserves a spot in Playstation All-Stars. This is my opinion.

Red/Green was first. Yellow was a spinoff of a spinoff (the first games produced an anime, which Yellow was then based on). And it was actually Red/Green, since it was originally released in Japan as that, with Blue coming later and then just Red and Blue being released outside Japan. It's kinda confusing.

And Pokemon is also a multi-media franchise. However, because it started as a video game, it can be officially classed as a video game franchise, with the anime, the toys, the trading cards, the comics, etc. being spinoffs from the video game. Since Digimon started out as an electronic toy, it is a toy franchise with spinoff video games, anime, etc.

Just saying it has video games isn't enough. When this is a franchise that was a toy, a cartoon and a comic before it even came close to being a video game, the status of Digimon as a legit video game franchise is pretty shaky.

Yeah I'm sorry about that slip up, somebody else pointed it out and I had to look it up. A little embarressed about it Smiley LOL

I can see where you're coming from though. I am going to say that I'd like to split a line from Digimon requests and other anime characters requests like Goku and Naruto. Things like Naruto and Goku did have games on the Playstation but those games started out multi-console to begin with while Digimon had it's 4 original games on the Playstation, well besides the games it had on obscure consoles that nobody owned. When I was a kid everyone I knew that had a Playstation played Digimon World. 

I personally feel like even though it started out as a toy, it still had a great part of first generation Playstation history.

I can be wrong but we're probably not going to ever make an agreement here.  But thanks for your opinion and not being rude about not liking my opinion. Most people would be like "NO" and insult it rather than actually giving out actual information on why they don't think it wouldn't or shouldn't be in.

Message 81 of 93 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Feb 26, 2013

KNACK

KUTARO

IOTA

(LAST OF US) characters

JOURNEY DUDE

WANDER (i wish ICO team wanna this time)

LAMMY 

ROBBIT

_________

OLD SNAKE

CLOUD

CRASH

LARA

SCORPION

EZIO

Message 82 of 93 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I already gave my opinion on those characters and some of them are already in. Unless you were trying to say something else but I'm unsure.

I was making an item list but I quit, unless someone wants to help me out here. I can't find images for all the items in the game. 

Here's the half assed item list; I didn't even bother to center it.

items.png

Message 83 of 93 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2013

What about a katamari?  You could roll it into everyone else and they lose AP haha.  And the Aku Aku mask!  And the portal gun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 84 of 93 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

I already gave my opinion on those characters and some of them are already in. Unless you were trying to say something else but I'm unsure.

I was making an item list but I quit, unless someone wants to help me out here. I can't find images for all the items in the game. 

Here's the half assed item list; I didn't even bother to center it.

items.png

How about fireworks from Jumping Flash?

In the top left hand corner of this picture.

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9030/psd3d0019gp.jpg

Message 85 of 93 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

this_is_Marko wrote:

What about a katamari?  You could roll it into everyone else and they lose AP haha.  And the Aku Aku mask!  And the portal gun!

Katamari sounds cool.  Aku Aku sound better for Crash's second super, kinda like Parappa's skateboard. The Portal gun is something I'd like if they kept it on Chell. Obviously it would be severely nerfed and work a little different to keep the game fair and everyone sane.

I also like the robbit idea. I'm probably going to have to not make an image and just a list rather considering the lack of quality images.

Message 86 of 93 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I guess a list will have to do. lol

How about Blasto's blaster? lol

It can be charged up and will cause an opponent to loose AP if charged up all the way. (It can only fire 6 regular shots and one charge shot)

Message 87 of 93 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 26, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

I guess a list will have to do. lol

How about Blasto's blaster? lol

It can be charged up and will cause an opponent to loose AP if charged up all the way. (It can only fire 6 regular shots and one charge shot)

Depends if Blasto makes it in the game or not as a character. Smiley LOL

I tried wicked hard to at least list out 40 items that this game should have today and I can only add 3 to the original 20...
I used 40 to try to match Brawl.

I really wish I could make an image but there are like no good images of any playstation weapon.

Message 88 of 93 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 27, 2013

All I can add to the items are

• Chicken Potion - Fat Princess
  • Groovitron - Ratchet & Clank
  • Missile Storm - LBP Karting
  • Punching Glove - LBP Karting
  • Napalm - Twisted Metal
  • Shock - Twisted Metal
  • Lightning - Crash Bash
  • Anvil - Crash Bash
  • Katamari - Katamari

•  

Message 89 of 93 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 27, 2013

How about some stage specific items like the God of War Chest that is exclusive to Metropolis?

I could easily think of a few if you want.

Message 90 of 93 (99 Views)
0 Likes