Gaming Beast
2024 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

Feb 26, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote

Yes, I have said several times that I forgot Lara and that I will add her the next time I update the roster. I will add Lara but I won't remove Agumon. 

I believe that Digimon are Playstation All-Stars and do belong in the game but I do not believe that they would be what Pokemon is to Smash Bros.  First off, there'd be no reasonable way to make the gameplay the same because digidevice are not like Pokeballs so having multiple Digimon as one character would be a no. I'd prefer if the fight style were similar to Digimon Rumble Arena. Toro so far is the closest thing we have to the Pokemon trainer in SSB.

Another things is that Digimon was a huge anime but also was a great Playstation exclusive back in the original generation.
Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation exclusives. Digimon Rumble Arena was also a Playstation Exclusive. 

Except here's the issue: DIGIMON IS A TOY FRANCHISE

Pokemon in Smash made sense because the first Pokemon thing ever released was Pokemon Red/Green, which was a VIDEO GAME, and therefore their appearance in a crossover of VIDEO GAME characters made sense.

The first thing released for the Digimon franchise was a series of Tamagotchi-style devices, meaning the franchise is a TOY franchise. Yes, there are video games, but they are BASED ON A TOY.

This is why I object, not just "urgh but it'd be a clone of Pokemon" but because Digimon, as a franchise, is NOT primarily a video game franchise, and as such doesn't fit the criteria for inclusion in this game. I also object to the baffling amount of requests I've seen for the likes Batman and Goku on the same grounds.

The first Pokemon game was Yellow, and the Red/Blue.

Digimon isn't a toy franchise, it's a multi-franchise title. Yes they sell toys, the first thing they made could be considered a toy, but the entire franchise isn't toy's anymore. With the history it had in Playstation, it still deserves a spot in Playstation All-Stars. This is my opinion.

Message 71 of 93 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 26, 2013
This is shaping up nicely. I'm liking a lot of the current roster you have up, but there are a few like Big Sister that I'm really not feeling would add much to the game.

If I may make a few of first party suggestions I didn't see you have in there that I think might work well: The White Knight(not sure of the name) of White Knight Chronicles, Joel + Ellie tag team from The Last Of Us, and Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus

NS.png

Message 72 of 93 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 26, 2013
By the way, not picking sides in the debate, but Red/Green Red/Blue all came out before Yellow.

NS.png

Message 73 of 93 (117 Views)
Gaming Beast
2024 posts

Feb 26, 2013
There was an amazing moveset somebody made that convinced me that Big Sister would be an amazing DLC character. But if this were the legit roster and a character had to be cut out then Id probably pick her.
I havent seen much of The Last of Us so im not sure if theyd work as fighters but I could see an amazing stage.
I do like the White Knight Chronicle idea.
Ive tried to add Shadow of Colossus characters but I cant find a good image.
Thanks for the feedback, I will look back to it on the next update!
Message 74 of 93 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2024 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah Im sorry. Green and Red were first. Im sorry I wasnt thinking.
Message 75 of 93 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

HexRoster.png

its...its...BEAUTIFUL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 76 of 93 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Specter=Also instant buy!

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 77 of 93 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I'm not hating on Big Sister,but I personally want Booker or Jack more than her. She's basically a faster version of Big Daddy,won't be anything that much unique in my opinion and she'll basically leave Big Daddy in the dust only for the pure Bioshock fans still willing to play him.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 78 of 93 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2024 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:
I'm not hating on Big Sister,but I personally want Booker or Jack more than her. She's basically a faster version of Big Daddy,won't be anything that much unique in my opinion and she'll basically leave Big Daddy in the dust only for the pure Bioshock fans still willing to play him.

I can totally see what you mean dude. If I had to take anyone off the roster I made it'd probably be her. 

She'd probably be better than Big Daddy in every way, probably OP. 

Still updating this thing so she might just go.

I'm trying to make an item list but I'm having troubles finding items like the Sythe, Railgun, Gravity Shield, Killer Bees and Freeze Missile..

Message 79 of 93 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote

Yes, I have said several times that I forgot Lara and that I will add her the next time I update the roster. I will add Lara but I won't remove Agumon. 

I believe that Digimon are Playstation All-Stars and do belong in the game but I do not believe that they would be what Pokemon is to Smash Bros.  First off, there'd be no reasonable way to make the gameplay the same because digidevice are not like Pokeballs so having multiple Digimon as one character would be a no. I'd prefer if the fight style were similar to Digimon Rumble Arena. Toro so far is the closest thing we have to the Pokemon trainer in SSB.

Another things is that Digimon was a huge anime but also was a great Playstation exclusive back in the original generation.
Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation exclusives. Digimon Rumble Arena was also a Playstation Exclusive. 

Except here's the issue: DIGIMON IS A TOY FRANCHISE

Pokemon in Smash made sense because the first Pokemon thing ever released was Pokemon Red/Green, which was a VIDEO GAME, and therefore their appearance in a crossover of VIDEO GAME characters made sense.

The first thing released for the Digimon franchise was a series of Tamagotchi-style devices, meaning the franchise is a TOY franchise. Yes, there are video games, but they are BASED ON A TOY.

This is why I object, not just "urgh but it'd be a clone of Pokemon" but because Digimon, as a franchise, is NOT primarily a video game franchise, and as such doesn't fit the criteria for inclusion in this game. I also object to the baffling amount of requests I've seen for the likes Batman and Goku on the same grounds.

The first Pokemon game was Yellow, and the Red/Blue.

Digimon isn't a toy franchise, it's a multi-franchise title. Yes they sell toys, the first thing they made could be considered a toy, but the entire franchise isn't toy's anymore. With the history it had in Playstation, it still deserves a spot in Playstation All-Stars. This is my opinion.

Red/Green was first. Yellow was a spinoff of a spinoff (the first games produced an anime, which Yellow was then based on). And it was actually Red/Green, since it was originally released in Japan as that, with Blue coming later and then just Red and Blue being released outside Japan. It's kinda confusing.

And Pokemon is also a multi-media franchise. However, because it started as a video game, it can be officially classed as a video game franchise, with the anime, the toys, the trading cards, the comics, etc. being spinoffs from the video game. Since Digimon started out as an electronic toy, it is a toy franchise with spinoff video games, anime, etc.

Just saying it has video games isn't enough. When this is a franchise that was a toy, a cartoon and a comic before it even came close to being a video game, the status of Digimon as a legit video game franchise is pretty shaky.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 80 of 93 (84 Views)
0 Likes