Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

Feb 25, 2013

In the roster I made and the characters you suggested, who do you think should be put in as DLC? 

Message 61 of 93 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 25, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

I would. I love Big Daddy and Dante (new or old) is needed for this roster to be complete. IMO (Oh and you left a few third parties (Abe, Tomba, Gex, and Croc) in the picture that was suppose to only be first parties. lol)

Here's a small list of first parties.

Robbit
Rudy Roughnight
Lomax (Lemmings rep)
Iota
Kutora (The Puppeteer guy)

Oops, forgot to cut those guys out. ( I edited it twice and forgot them lol )

On Iota and Puppeteer, I haven't played the games yet but in Tearaway he looks more defensive than offensive. Would those two be able to fight? I would love to see those two games as stages and items if they can't.

Message 62 of 93 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

retrosoul22 wrote:

I would. I love Big Daddy and Dante (new or old) is needed for this roster to be complete. IMO (Oh and you left a few third parties (Abe, Tomba, Gex, and Croc) in the picture that was suppose to only be first parties. lol)

Robbit
Rudy Roughnight
Lomax (Lemmings rep)
Iota

On Iota and Puppeteer, I haven't played the games yet but in Tearaway he looks more defensive than offensive. Would those two be able to fight? I would love to see those two games as stages and items if they can't.

Kutora should be able to. He has giant scissors for a reason. Iota might be able to. He could have the giant finger as a super. Smiley LOL

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

In the roster I made and the characters you suggested, who do you think should be put in as DLC? 

Probably Lomax and maybe Iota and Kutora.

Message 63 of 93 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

retrosoul22 wrote:

Robbit
Rudy Roughnight
Lomax (Lemmings rep)
Iota

Kutora should be able to. He has giant scissors for a reason. Iota might be able to. He could have the giant finger as a super. Smiley LOL

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Now I want Iota as a fighter just because of that giant finger suggestion xD But I'm still a little iffy on him.
Kutora I can see now as a fighter.
I'm making the full roster, the roster without the DLC, and the DLC roster.
So far for the DLC roster I have

• Rayman
  • Chell
  • King of All Cosmos
  • Big Sister
  • Lara Croft
  • Abe
  • Neptune
  • Maybe Yu narukami but I'm not sure if DLC or roster.
  • Assassins Creed rep
  • Dante
  • Raiden

With characters like Dante, Raiden, Big Daddy, and Heihachi I'd be okay if they removed and put into as DLC for the sequel because they are third party characters. I'm sure if people really wanted them back they'd buy them. I'm still a little iffy on that though.

Message 64 of 93 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

retrosoul22 wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

retrosoul22 wrote:

Robbit
Rudy Roughnight
Lomax (Lemmings rep)
Iota

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Now I want Iota as a fighter just because of that giant finger suggestion xD But I'm still a little iffy on him.
Kutora I can see now as a fighter.
I'm making the full roster, the roster without the DLC, and the DLC roster.
So far for the DLC roster I have

• Rayman
  • Chell
  • King of All Cosmos
  • Big Sister
  • Lara Croft
  • Abe
  • Neptune
  • Maybe Yu narukami but I'm not sure if DLC or roster.
  • Assassins Creed rep
  • Dante
  • Raiden

With characters like Dante, Raiden, Big Daddy, and Heihachi I'd be okay if they removed and put into as DLC for the sequel because they are third party characters. I'm sure if people really wanted them back they'd buy them. I'm still a little iffy on that though.

Klonoa, Amaterasu, and Scorpion for DLC? Flip a coin when you decide Yu's spot. lol (Heads full roster. Tails DLC)

Message 65 of 93 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 26, 2013

HexRoster.png

NoDLC.png

The image above has "no DLC".

DLC.png

Not sure what to do with Neptune. DLC or Roster? But anyways.

I took out the third party characters from the original roster and put them as DLC. I feel like that wouldn't be such a horrible thing to do. I know the roster isn't perfect but I think it's an improvement.

Message 66 of 93 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

They look awesome.

Message 67 of 93 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 26, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

They look awesome.

Thanks for your support man! I'm going to try to make it actually look like a selection screen soon with the characters to the side and everything.
The DLC section being a little empty looking bugs me a little but you guys have a great imagination to fill that out with your heart's desire. I love DLC but I'm starting to feel like a lot of games aren't exactly "complete" because developers seem to be relying on them. Before they seemed like added content, a bonus.

Now instead it's starting to feel like we buy around 75% of the game and then buy 25% later.  That's just my current thought on it right now. I have no problem with buying DLC.

Message 68 of 93 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I'll be making new threads about other things like items and such soon. Not sure if I should do it all here or connect them all as a series of threads.

Message 69 of 93 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote

Yes, I have said several times that I forgot Lara and that I will add her the next time I update the roster. I will add Lara but I won't remove Agumon. 

I believe that Digimon are Playstation All-Stars and do belong in the game but I do not believe that they would be what Pokemon is to Smash Bros.  First off, there'd be no reasonable way to make the gameplay the same because digidevice are not like Pokeballs so having multiple Digimon as one character would be a no. I'd prefer if the fight style were similar to Digimon Rumble Arena. Toro so far is the closest thing we have to the Pokemon trainer in SSB.

Another things is that Digimon was a huge anime but also was a great Playstation exclusive back in the original generation.
Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation exclusives. Digimon Rumble Arena was also a Playstation Exclusive. 

Except here's the issue: DIGIMON IS A TOY FRANCHISE

Pokemon in Smash made sense because the first Pokemon thing ever released was Pokemon Red/Green, which was a VIDEO GAME, and therefore their appearance in a crossover of VIDEO GAME characters made sense.

The first thing released for the Digimon franchise was a series of Tamagotchi-style devices, meaning the franchise is a TOY franchise. Yes, there are video games, but they are BASED ON A TOY.

This is why I object, not just "urgh but it'd be a clone of Pokemon" but because Digimon, as a franchise, is NOT primarily a video game franchise, and as such doesn't fit the criteria for inclusion in this game. I also object to the baffling amount of requests I've seen for the likes Batman and Goku on the same grounds.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 70 of 93 (206 Views)
0 Likes