Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

Feb 25, 2013

Forgot to add details about the update. The roster contain 49 characters.

I cut the Traveler from Journey and LocoRoco. I would love to see them as a fighter if they managed to do it though.
I grouped back the dynamic duos. 

I added in Specter and Rayman.

I changed Snake.

... Oh and I changed the shape of the entire roster.

It's not perfect but I'd say it's an improvement.

Message 51 of 93 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Don't worry!  You'll get her in next time i'm sure of it haha!  Here's my feedback on the updated version...Wonderful!  I like the pairs of Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank better than having them separate (they do have to do all with teamwork).  I also noticed you switched old snake with big boss...nice! Smiley Wink

I won't forget her next time! I'll still update this thing overtime. The only thing about the new shape is that it's hard to add in new characters without adding multiple characters, maybe that's why they avoided it. Smiley LOL

I do prefer the look of the hexagons over the squares though. The squares just seem a little dull to me.
Everything from the start menu to the selection screen really needs a facelift in my opinion.

HexRoster.png

I stretched out the sides.. Not really an update xD

I also changed the colors of players 1-4. I think it would be really cool if each color represented each shape of the Playstation buttons.

Message 52 of 93 (219 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Thread will be updated very soon, what do you guys think of the last update?

Message 53 of 93 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I like the roster. However, I feel like you could add four more spots. One in each corner. (Example: Robbit above Crash, Yu Narukami above Lightning, Iota bellow Lil and Laarg, and Raziel bellow Evil Cole)

Message 54 of 93 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Yu Narukami (Persona rep) & Connor Kenway (AC rep) are a must, but the roster looks great.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 55 of 93 (175 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Yu Narukami and Neptune pls.
Message 56 of 93 (165 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 25, 2013
kudos to anyone who wants tombi in this game Smiley Very Happy

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 57 of 93 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 25, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Don't worry!  You'll get her in next time i'm sure of it haha!  Here's my feedback on the updated version...Wonderful!  I like the pairs of Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank better than having them separate (they do have to do all with teamwork).  I also noticed you switched old snake with big boss...nice! Smiley Wink

I won't forget her next time! I'll still update this thing overtime. The only thing about the new shape is that it's hard to add in new characters without adding multiple characters, maybe that's why they avoided it. Smiley LOL

I do prefer the look of the hexagons over the squares though. The squares just seem a little dull to me.
Everything from the start menu to the selection screen really needs a facelift in my opinion.

HexRoster.png

I also changed the colors of players 1-4. I think it would be really cool if each color represented each shape of the Playstation buttons.

You realise that you forgot Lara, so my suggestion is this: take out the Digimon thing and replace it with Lara, on account of the fact that she's an actual video game character, which Digimon aren't.

People keep saying "oh yeah! Digimon!" on the justification that it'd be to this game what Pokemon is to Smash Bros. Except Pokemon is a video game franchise created by Nintendo and therefore makes perfect sense in Smash, while Digimon started life as a Tamagotchi type device, and therefore ISN'T a video game franchise, so doesn't belong here.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 58 of 93 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

You realise that you forgot Lara, so my suggestion is this: take out the Digimon thing and replace it with Lara, on account of the fact that she's an actual video game character, which Digimon aren't.

People keep saying "oh yeah! Digimon!" on the justification that it'd be to this game what Pokemon is to Smash Bros. Except Pokemon is a video game franchise created by Nintendo and therefore makes perfect sense in Smash, while Digimon started life as a Tamagotchi type device, and therefore ISN'T a video game franchise, so doesn't belong here.

Yes, I have said several times that I forgot Lara and that I will add her the next time I update the roster. I will add Lara but I won't remove Agumon. 

I believe that Digimon are Playstation All-Stars and do belong in the game but I do not believe that they would be what Pokemon is to Smash Bros.  First off, there'd be no reasonable way to make the gameplay the same because digidevice are not like Pokeballs so having multiple Digimon as one character would be a no. I'd prefer if the fight style were similar to Digimon Rumble Arena. Toro so far is the closest thing we have to the Pokemon trainer in SSB.

Another things is that Digimon was a huge anime but also was a great Playstation exclusive back in the original generation.
Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation exclusives. Digimon Rumble Arena was also a Playstation Exclusive. 

I will be updating it with the requested characters, honestly I don't know how I missed those.

Here's how the roster looks without any third party characters. I'm thinking that maybe it'd be best to try to cram as much Playstation titles and leave most of the third party characters as DLC, with the exception of a few third party characters.

1stPartyHexRoster.png
Would you guys buy third party characters like Big Daddy and Dante if they weren't included in the sequels roster?

Message 59 of 93 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I would. I love Big Daddy and Dante (new or old) is needed for this roster to be complete. IMO (Oh and you left a few third parties (Abe, Tomba, Gex, and Croc) in the picture that was suppose to only be first parties. lol)

Here's a small list of first parties.

Robbit
Rudy Roughnight
Lomax (Lemmings rep)
Iota
Kutora (The Puppeteer guy)

Message 60 of 93 (91 Views)
0 Likes