Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

Feb 23, 2013
I made my own new character roster so here it is.... Vergil(DMc),rioichi cooper(sly thieves in time),solid snake(mgs),naruto and sasuke(naruto), goku and vegeta(dbz), crash bandicoot(crash), spyro(spyro the dragon), ichigo(bleach), sora(kindom hearts), cloud(final fantasy), Lara croft(tomb raider)and Connor kenway(ac3). These are the characters that I think should be added to PASBR character roster. If I think of any new ones ill make sure to add them on.
Message 31 of 93 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Just because he's a shooting character doesn't mean he'll play like the other guys. Nobody ever says that about fighting characters.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 32 of 93 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Prince of Persia could be rivals with one of ubisofts assassins. These both would make great rivals because they are both made from ubisoft and both use blades instead of guns.
Message 33 of 93 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Message 34 of 93 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Just because he's a shooting character doesn't mean he'll play like the other guys. Nobody ever says that about fighting characters.

Nobody says that about fighting characters because it's a fighting game.

I just don't see what would make him unique over any other generic shooter.

He's got a gun, he can roll around. He'd be like Snake except not as popular.

I'm not trying to bash Syphon Filter because it's not a bad game but Gabe isn't exactly a unique special guy.

Message 35 of 93 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 24, 2013
But it's so hypocritical to have Snake but not Gabe, hell even Nathan Hale would be a gun character. But because they're more popular they get a pass.

We have more sword characters than gun characters, but nobody seems to care. Why is it ok to have more sword characters than gun characters? Anybody?
Message 36 of 93 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
But it's so hypocritical to have Snake but not Gabe, hell even Nathan Hale would be a gun character. But because they're more popular they get a pass.

We have more sword characters than gun characters, but nobody seems to care. Why is it ok to have more sword characters than gun characters? Anybody?

Using swords is a form of fighting and has been in fighting games for a very long time. In my opinion, swords in fighting games fit in way better than guns do. Most gun characters just seem to hide in the corners and spam grenades, or spam overall. 

What would make Gabe a unique character? He isn't that unique in his own game, nevermind in this game.

Edit: Also, if you were a developer and had to pick two characters who fought exactly the same then I'm sure you'd pick the popular character. Unless you didn't want the game to sell a little more but that's usually not the case.

Message 37 of 93 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013
Gabe could be a combo-centric gun character. Using a taser to chain the gun attacks. This is just an idea by the way. But it's not impossible for different gun characters to have different moves.

Everyone assumes that gun characters HAVE to play the same. Look at Emmett and Radec.

And if we're talking about popularity, I'd go with the first party character which is Gabe in this case. This is Playstation All-Stars is it not? Everyone is complaining about the lack of PS1 characters, well here you go guys.
Message 38 of 93 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 24, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Go_Buddie_Go wrote:

Well hopefully we get a sequel for the PS4, and possibly the PS3.

And if it happens to be for the PS4. It would be awesome to see Knack and the protagonist from Infamous Second Son make an appearance. Both are PS4 games that were announced yesterday.

Just wishful thinking from me.

Both of them look pretty great! I was considering putting them in the list but I figured to wait a little bit before adding in PS4 characters.

Yeah, if there is a sequel, I'm pretty sure it would be on PS4.  Like you did, I'd keep most of the original lineup intact, except I'd swap Evil Cole for Deslin.  I'd also definitely have Knack in there.

I'd keep the paired characters together (Ratchet, Jak) instead of splitting them up into multiple characters. I love Daxter and Clank, and know they can hold their own in a fight, but I like it better the way they are.  Plus, they'd probably force Dark Daxter in as a super, and I don't like to adknowledge that as part of the series.

For a Snake, I'd prefer Naked over Old.

The Locoroco seems like it wouldn't be to fun to play as. Might I suggest The Last Guy, of the eponymous game? He could have some interesting mechanics with his line of survivors, somewhat similar to Olimar in Smash.

NS.png

Message 39 of 93 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 24, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Gabe could be a combo-centric gun character. Using a taser to chain the gun attacks. This is just an idea by the way. But it's not impossible for different gun characters to have different moves.

Everyone assumes that gun characters HAVE to play the same. Look at Emmett and Radec.

And if we're talking about popularity, I'd go with the first party character which is Gabe in this case. This is Playstation All-Stars is it not? Everyone is complaining about the lack of PS1 characters, well here you go guys.

Well seeing Gabe he just doesn't really have anything that stands out. He has a tazer, rifles, pistoles, grenades, ect. Nothing special. Like I said, nothing stands out. Out of all the gun characters he'd probably be the dullest.

"Syphon Filter is a stealth-based third-person shooter video game for the PlayStation released in 1999. "

[Source]

Metal Gear was originally only on the Playstation and then split into other consoles. It is very well known as a Playstation classic. Both Syphon Filter and Metal Gear are third party.

It wasn't a bad game, it is a part of Playstation history; should it be excluded at all from this game? It could be mentioned in at the least. But out of all the first gen Playstation characters he doesn't exactly stand out.

Message 40 of 93 (101 Views)
0 Likes