photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 21 of 93 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

Feb 23, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Nobody complained in Smash Brothers when Zelda have 4 characters while others have one.

I don't know, there are plenty of complaints about Young/Toon Link being an entirely unnecessary character....

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 22 of 93 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Also, why do people keep saying that in a sequel, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank should be separated. Much is made in both franchises about how the duos ALWAYS work as a team.

On top of that, Clank and Daxter don't really do much more than their partners in either game. Sure, Clank's got his Chronoscepter and time bombs, but they're already incorporated into Ratchet's level 2, at which point we run out of ideas. And Daxter would be a clone of Jak but with a spray gun instead of a Morph Gun. It's a terrible idea.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 23 of 93 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 23, 2013
when i read 'Things' i assumed you would be talking about features, not the roster,
also, imo, that is an effing lot of people, way too many...
Play For Fun!
Message 24 of 93 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

achus93again wrote:
when i read 'Things' i assumed you would be talking about features, not the roster,

Don't worry I'll make a thread about other things rather than the roster. That so far is the most generic All-Star suggestion thread.
All my threads will begin with "Things that Should Be" if it's a suggestion/idea thread because I link them all to a blog where they'll be under that category.
The roster I made contains 50 characters, everybody is always asking for more. I don't think it's too much for anyone (except for the developers).

It's hard to contain a small roster for all Playstation generations and make everyone happy. 

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Also, why do people keep saying that in a sequel, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank should be separated. Much is made in both franchises about how the duos ALWAYS work as a team.

On top of that, Clank and Daxter don't really do much more than their partners in either game. Sure, Clank's got his Chronoscepter and time bombs, but they're already incorporated into Ratchet's level 2, at which point we run out of ideas. And Daxter would be a clone of Jak but with a spray gun instead of a Morph Gun. It's a terrible idea.

It was an idea, I was just throwing it out there. In the last page I stated my opinion on it a little clearer but of course I always get the last comment in the page so nobody ever really pays attention to the pages in between. They could be seperated if the developers really wanted them to but it isn't necessary.
on the comment on Clank, he has 2 games to work from at least; while Daxter only has one.

Keeping them together might be for the best.

Bobthepetferret wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Nobody complained in Smash Brothers when Zelda have 4 characters while others have one.

I don't know, there are plenty of complaints about Young/Toon Link being an entirely unnecessary character....

Well that's 2 different links. It's not like Link and Zelda. Or Mario and Peach. 

Message 25 of 93 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 23, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

achus93again wrote:

Don't worry I'll make a thread about other things rather than the roster. That so far is the most generic All-Star suggestion thread.
All my threads will begin with "Things that Should Be" if it's a suggestion/idea thread because I link them all to a blog where they'll be under that category.
The roster I made contains 50 characters, everybody is always asking for more. I don't think it's too much for anyone (except for the developers).

It's hard to contain a small roster for all Playstation generations and make everyone happy. 

i know that a lot of people always want more, and i too am (somewhat) fine with it,

but i just think that 50 would just make it look cluttered or something,

i think that All-Stars is gonna get 10 dlc chars max, making a total of 30,

if a sequel would arrive, i think the somewhat perfect amount would be (including DLCs) 35 and 40...

Play For Fun!
Message 26 of 93 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 23, 2013

achus93again wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

achus93again wrote:

i know that a lot of people always want more, and i too am (somewhat) fine with it,

but i just think that 50 would just make it look cluttered or something,

i think that All-Stars is gonna get 10 dlc chars max, making a total of 30,

if a sequel would arrive, i think the somewhat perfect amount would be (including DLCs) 35 and 40...

I'm getting a little iffy on the new DLC, not sure if it'll even get DLC anymore nevermind anything good.

Marvel vs. Capcom seems to get a high amount in the roster without really cluttering it at 48 characters.

Message 27 of 93 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Needs more Gabe Logan

I'm not so sure about adding in another shooting character.

Message 28 of 93 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Feb 23, 2013
The lack of a Ubisoft rep seems questionable - I'd say an AC rep should surely make it in, or the Prince from Prince of Persia.

Other then that, great job !
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 29 of 93 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
The lack of a Ubisoft rep seems questionable - I'd say an AC rep should surely make it in, or the Prince from Prince of Persia.

Other then that, great job !

...I... I forgot... I FORGOT AN UBISOFT REP?
Lemon.png

UNNNNNNACCCCEEPPTABLLEEEEEE

I'll fix this up later.

Message 30 of 93 (162 Views)
0 Likes