Feb 21, 2013

this_is_Marko wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

this_is_Marko wrote:

I really like it.  My only suggestion would be to replace one of the repeat characters (murray, bentley, daxter, clank, etc.) with lara croft.  While she may not play super uniquely, with all she did on the ps1 i believe she's earned a spot in playstation history as an all-star.  Other than that it has everyone I want (i personally would have swapped old snake with naked snake/big boss but really any snake will do)

I had her name down on the list I made on paper but then I had a flashback of the Beta days where I think the owner or creator of Tomb Raider made a rude remark somewhere around "Lara Croft in Playstation All-Stars? NAAHH".

turns out that was taken out of context by everyone.  Crystal Dynamics said that had a huge tomb raider related announcement they were making.  Someone asked "is your announcement lara croft in all-stars?"  They said "Lara Croft in allstars? Nah".  What they were saying was that wasn't their announcement and many people took it out of context.  In fact, they were recently interviewed and said they are really proud of all-stars and the reason lara wasnt in was because they wanted the first time people play as her to be in her new game in March.  They ended the interview with "We'll see what happens in the future".  Her game comes out in early March.  There's a new DLC announcement for allstars coming out in March.  Lots of people are speculating its her

Oh wow, where was I when all of this happened. I just remembered everyone being **bleep** about the Lara Croft comment and never looked deeper into it.
Now I'm thinking to either replace someone or make a new row... 
I really like the idea of having multiple characters from one game, as long as there are no clone characters, so I'll see what I can do with this roster. Requests?

You can definately have them.  My request would be to just replace one of them with lara.  But its your roster so you do what you feel is best.  Props for the king by the way Smiley Very Happy

I'll add Lara in here, don't worry! I'll think this roster out a little more. But for now I'm heading to the arcade so I can't add a new row at the moment.
Also, I added him in there just for you. I knew you'd notice. He would make a pretty great character in a fighter.

oh you!  we should 2v2 sometime

Definitely dude! 2v2 is like all I play now Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 93 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: Person Sequel Roster

Feb 21, 2013

Thread is rolling out of topic! Time to get back on track so it's not locked.

Message 12 of 93 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: Things that Should Be: Playstation All-Stars Sequel Dream Roster

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Well hopefully we get a sequel for the PS4, and possibly the PS3.

And if it happens to be for the PS4. It would be awesome to see Knack and the protagonist from Infamous Second Son make an appearance. Both are PS4 games that were announced yesterday.

Just wishful thinking from me.

Message 13 of 93 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Go_Buddie_Go wrote:

Well hopefully we get a sequel for the PS4, and possibly the PS3.

And if it happens to be for the PS4. It would be awesome to see Knack and the protagonist from Infamous Second Son make an appearance. Both are PS4 games that were announced yesterday.

Just wishful thinking from me.

Both of them look pretty great! I was considering putting them in the list but I figured to wait a little bit before adding in PS4 characters.

Message 14 of 93 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Gitaroo Man=Instant Buy!

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 15 of 93 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think Gitaroo man would have a very interesting moveset.

Message 16 of 93 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Is that a Digimon person in the bottom row?

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 17 of 93 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 22, 2013

narrasand436 wrote:

Is that a Digimon person in the bottom row?

Yup! Digimon World 1-3 were Playstation Exclusives as well as Rumble Arena! (Well they were pretty much exclusive, some were in pretty obscure consoles that nobody knows of or played). 

Digimon World 4 was were it split into other consoles like the gamecube, you could say it took a similar root that Crash and Spyro did (most PS1 exclusives took this root, only few survived to become great games while the rest suffered).

While it doesn't have as high of a chance of getting in, I still think Digimon deserves a spot in this game.

Message 18 of 93 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Great list man. My only change would be to keep pairs that you split, and preferably keep it to one, at most two per franchise. Otherwise, totally agree with most of your list. A lot of them are characters i would want (expect) to be dlc for this game haha

Message 19 of 93 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Maocutio wrote:

Great list man. My only change would be to keep pairs that you split, and preferably keep it to one, at most two per franchise. Otherwise, totally agree with most of your list. A lot of them are characters i would want (expect) to be dlc for this game haha

I've been thinking over the whole "multiple characters for one IP" thing. To me it sounds like a good idea considering it'll fill in some huge fan requests and add a lot more characters and variety to the roster. Super Smash Brothers did this to their roster but a few of their characters eneded up becoming "clone" characters. That is not something I'd hope for in the sequel.
Another thing is which and how many characters to add? Two seems right but also limiting, let's not forget the characters that would only be able to have one without making obscure characters.

Ratchet could seperate on his own and Clank could be a fighter and then there's also Quark and Nefarious.

Then there's Jak and Daxter who also could be two different characters.

*These two could seperate into two if they really wanted to because they have before in their series but it's not necessary.

Sly Cooper could add in Bentley, Murray and even Carmelita.

Spike could add in Specter; the list can go on for the rest of the roster.

There is probably a limit on how much you could put in from one IP and each IP won't have an equal amount of characters but I'm sure this would be a correct tactic to take and master in the next game. 

Nobody complained in Smash Brothers when Zelda have 4 characters while others have one.

*Also I'll try to fix up this roster and put characters in place, the original image was out of order.

Message 20 of 93 (224 Views)
0 Likes