Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Oct 22 2012
By: RikkiRossTheBoss Survivor 2454 posts
Offline

Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

26 replies 507 views Edited Oct 22, 2012
Hey

I just wanted to point out after everyone saying stuff like such a characters was too expensive I've heard many people say Activision asked for too much money for crash etc

Well I want to point out that I have been to college and university to study business and media and never once came across paying a one off price let me explain...

There's a thing in the world off business that's called loyalties this would be in an written agreement with superbot and another company (lets just say capcom).

If superbot wanted a character they would ask for a percentage of loyalties e.g capcom would say you can have Chris Redfield for 2.1% loyalty but Albert wesker would be 4.5% loyalty for whatever the reason is this loyalty is a percentage of the games profit

E.i... (% x unit) this means if 1000 units of the game sold capcom would get 4.5% every copy sold. Its a bit difficult to explain it all without boring you to hell but trust me when i say to you buying a character would be stupid and silly as that contract would be a joke, where would you start

crash bandicoot - £1000, £5000, £7000? Superbot has a budget by its parent company this is not to go to try and find good characters at good prices. This is for staff, artists etc After all of a £40 game superbot would only get on average £4.80 at the end. Thanks for reading and sorry if your bored :smileyhappy:


Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (507 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/23/2010
Offline
2792 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

You can go ahead and "Bore" me with the details. I'm listening.

 

But please, write in English!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (494 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012
Ey? It is in English?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (468 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012
It's pretty easy to understand but I don't think this applies in every situation. Sometimes, companies want some money for the character upfront if they think the game or movie or whatever will fail. Sometimes they use loyalties.

Obviously sb tried to get crash but couldn't, so most likely they were in the former situation.


Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (451 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

Lol we already have people that pretend to not understand. I didn't know about all this actually, but I am sure since the start that the absence ofr some characters are Superbot's fault too. But yeah I mean Superbot is perfect and all, so it's Activision that must act like Satan. Obvious. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (436 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Lol we already have people that pretend to not understand. I didn't know about all this actually, but I am sure since the start that the absence ofr some characters are Superbot's fault too. But yeah I mean Superbot is perfect and all, so it's Activision that must act like Satan. Obvious. 


Yup superbot didn't want crash in the game. they didn't try to get him in. they didn't know fans wanted him. they never said it takes two to tango specifically reffereing to how it's not completely their decision.

 

nope. not at all.



Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (420 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Lol we already have people that pretend to not understand. I didn't know about all this actually, but I am sure since the start that the absence ofr some characters are Superbot's fault too. But yeah I mean Superbot is perfect and all, so it's Activision that must act like Satan. Obvious. 


Yup superbot didn't want crash in the game. they didn't try to get him in. they didn't know fans wanted him. they never said it takes two to tango specifically reffereing to how it's not completely their decision.

 

nope. not at all.


Oh yes they wanted it, but for free, or a low price. Between paying a lot and pleasing the fanbase, r just renounce to Crash, they chose the second. Pretty obvious. And also, they even get the part of the victim. Epic win actually, I'm just sad for those real Sony fans out there which won't get a game deserving the title "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale". Oh well.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (413 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Lol we already have people that pretend to not understand. I didn't know about all this actually, but I am sure since the start that the absence ofr some characters are Superbot's fault too. But yeah I mean Superbot is perfect and all, so it's Activision that must act like Satan. Obvious. 


Yup superbot didn't want crash in the game. they didn't try to get him in. they didn't know fans wanted him. they never said it takes two to tango specifically reffereing to how it's not completely their decision.

 

nope. not at all.


Oh yes they wanted it, but for free, or a low price. Between paying a lot and pleasing the fanbase, r just renounce to Crash, they chose the second. Pretty obvious. And also, they even get the part of the victim. Epic win actually, I'm just sad for those real Sony fans out there which won't get a game deserving the title "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale". Oh well.


Just a hint before you get in any future arguments, sony is financing the game and therefor would be the one to make the final call on wether to spend the "low price" (lol) on this.

 

I can't wait for this gme btw, how bout you ! =)



Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (405 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/09/2012
Online
1603 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

*royalties

 

Seriously, that was bugging me for your entire post :smileytongue:

 

But you are pretty much right on this, but still, Crash could have still been too expensive, in the sense that Activision were asking way too much in royalties. It happens.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Columbia (stage)
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
2571 posts
 

Re: Theres no such thing off buying characters from 1st or 3rd party

Oct 22, 2012

Um okay, if they ask for too much royaltese it's the same as paying too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes