Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Re: There's some parts of DLC I just don't seem to get with this forum.

Nov 27, 2012

Sometimes a 3rd party character can mean just as much to someone as any 1st party one. For me, it's Heihachi. I still have fond memories of no one being able to beat me at Tekken while I was at school, and Heihachi was one of my favourite characters. I stuck with him and Paul Phoenix for every iteration of the Tekken series. This game is a celebration of our Playstation gaming history, and Heihachi has been part of mine for over 18 years now; he only very recently went 3rd party. 

I think some people lack perspective when it comes to 3rd party requests though. Especially when some aren't even really gaming characters. Requests for comic book characters especially confuse me. While they may have been involved in a game or two, their backgrounds and histories come directly from their comics; they really aren't suited for this.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (88 Views)
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 27, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I seem to remember people complaining their little heads off about Dante, Big Daddy, Heihachi, and Raidens inclusions because of them being third party.

Then, all of a sudden, everybody starts suggesting characters like Ezio Auditore, or Solid Snake, or Sora.

All of these characters, may I remind, have been on a Nintendo or Microsoft console as well.

This also includes the precious 'Crash and Spyro'.

Then there's the ones that make me boggle my mind trying to figure out the answer to. Chell from Portal? Are you insane? If Valve wants to put their character into a fighting game, they'll scratch that idea and come up with their own fighting game. They're Valve. Of course it'll take till 2020 for it to be released but it doesn't matter.

And then there's just the positively insane 'do you even breathe' ones. Deadpool? Seriously? Like...seriously?

There's a whole grand list of characters that aren't represented and are actual Sony first party owned exclusives. Little Deviants. The Last Of Us. Siren. Kinetica. Sorcery. Escape Plan. Flow, Flower, and Journey. Linger in Shadows. Unfinished Swan. Papa & Yo. Invizimals. Beyond: Two Souls. Datura. White Knight Chronicles. Dark Cloud. Jeanne D'Arc. Rogue Galaxy. PixelJunk. Dead Nation. PAIN.

I can't put Resistence, Patapon, LocoRoco, or Everybody's Golf on there because they're represented in stages. However everything else I just mentioned, isn't represented, and is an actual Sony exclusive.

Linger in Shadows has great stage opportunity, as does Flower. Escape Plan has great stage possibilities as well as characters. Beyond: Two Souls and Last of Us have a great new character. There's so much untapped possibility we could explore, and you guys aren't even looking past the third parties; the same thing that everybody was so 'against' earlier.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is open your dang eyes. There's an endless field of possibility now.

The characters you name that you say are rediculous arent really that bad..We all crave the 3rd party characters because in the past, those were the games that made owning a ps1,ps2 & ps3 rememorable.The same thing would go for Silent Hill & Pyramid head etc.I actualy thought the idea of deadpool wasnt bad because 1, out of every super hero he is the only one who would make sense.He's got his own game coming up in where he probably makes fun of the video game universe and some of the games we love, itd be fun to see him poke fun at playstation.They could make him the only chracter that aknoledges other chracters hes playing against.Also after seeing Wreck it Ralph, knowing the video game universe exists means that he could esily stumble apon the so called tournament.Sora just happens to travel to different universes all the time and his story would fit right in here assuming they write it in a similar matter.They could also make sora's story as simple as" he hast to go through anohter test of mastery and travel to each world battling it out to win and become an ultimate keyblade master.Anyways you are also right about more first party needing to be represented.The most important thing to do is to keep posting your thoughts everywhere including superbots facebook so they keep being reminded what the fans want.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1358 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I think I'm the only one here who thinks Ethan Mars is a silly idea. -_-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I would've liked to see a stage in the middle of a race track, which starts out as Gran Turismo, but evolves into Wipeout. The Wipeout 2048 intro got me thinking aboout that.

This actually got me thinking of a Pixeljunk Sidescroller stage, it would be like Alden's Tower but sideways, it wouldn't move as fast, but it would be continuous, with the option to turn it off, and keep the stage stationary.

That stage would be hilarious when you have friends, and you wanna just mess around.

But you know what vehicle type stage I would like to see?
Motorstorm. Either Motorstorm Pacific Rift, or Apocalypse mixed with Gran Turismo, or Wipeout.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 27, 2012
being on other consoles does not make any one character less important to ps history. If you say crash and spyro are not as imp as a first party then your seriously mistaken
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 27, 2012
no, people complained because of the title. the titles to people sai the greatest, most influential and important characters of PlayStation history. now i never complained because im fine with these characters though i wondered about big daddys inclusion and thought it was weird.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Tekken is very significant to PlayStation history, yes
Metal Gear too
Devil May Cry is important
BioShock is going to be important

There are other 3rd party franchises who mirror these qualities: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Final Fantasy. Assassin's Creed is on par with Devil May Cry (both were PlayStation exclusive until just recently, but are still important).

Characters like Deadpool are fun to think about, but some people don't seem to accept that those ideas are silly.

I'm going to give you a kudo because you were partly right.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Go_Buddie_Go wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I would've liked to see a stage in the middle of a race track, which starts out as Gran Turismo, but evolves into Wipeout. The Wipeout 2048 intro got me thinking aboout that.

This actually got me thinking of a Pixeljunk Sidescroller stage, it would be like Alden's Tower but sideways, it wouldn't move as fast, but it would be continuous, with the option to turn it off, and keep the stage stationary.

That stage would be hilarious when you have friends, and you wanna just mess around.

But you know what vehicle type stage I would like to see?
Motorstorm. Either Motorstorm Pacific Rift, or Apocalypse mixed with Gran Turismo, or Wipeout.

I'd hate it if it was constantly moving. The conveyer belts on Metropolis are the only thing I hate about this game, and it would be like constantly being on one.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Glad to know that a persona character, Abe, and the King of All the Cosmos aren't listed in the OP
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Just get Sub-Zero :smileytongue:
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes