Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: There HAS to be something we are missing

Oct 5, 2012
Keep in mind this games been in production for 3 years now. So when they were looking into which charecter to use to possibly represent PSN, Fat Princess was the biggest thing at launch.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 21 of 32 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with FP, I even bought that game. I just don't think it sold enough to make enough people aware of it to the point that they would have chosen her over someone like Wander, Hale, or someone from an RPG like Wild Arms.

And I guess it's fair to say that 3 years ago no one would have had a clue who Kat was. She could have come on later in development though, which I'm sure was the case with some of the 3rd party choices.
Message 22 of 32 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Agreed, I guess when looking for third party charecters they played it safe i.e. Raiden instead of looking for ambitious games. Whereas new Dante I believe only happend because Capcom wanted it that way, which I don't mind at all.
Message 23 of 32 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 5, 2012
As a person who's played through all 4 of the old DMC games, I'm not even bitter about the choice to use the new Dante persona...not sure why a lot of people are, because the moveset is very similar. Besides, there's a good chance we will see an alt skin, or possibly a Vergil skin.
Message 24 of 32 (83 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Absolutely with you there. A cool feature would be the ability to use LittleBigPlanet costumes already purchased in PSABR as alternative costumes for Sackboy. Not that I have any that weren't free, but would be some good fan service.
Message 25 of 32 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Heh. Yeah, good idea. Some scenarios could get pretty humorous. A 2 vs. 2 match, for example, of Cole and Evil Cole vs. Sack-Cole and Evil Sack-Cole. Cole overload indeed.
Message 26 of 32 (71 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Would be really great to see, and could be used in Sackboys story for some humorous moments i.e. Kratos Sackboy eyeing up Kratos himself.
Message 27 of 32 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 5, 2012

The way I see it, the announcements got delayed a month because the game did. This explains the information drought.

Message 28 of 32 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 5, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Agreed, everytime they've said "Launching" with 20 characters, they never say only 20 characters on disc. That could very well mean unlockable characters.

And I remember an interview I believe of Omar about him saying there are more characters than most fans will be expecting. I think a lot of people are expecting 20ish and all we have right now is 20.

It's also baffling to know that most wanted characters won't be in the game which is the reason so many fans are kinda upset. I mean they've got to be saving the best for last right? This game just wouldn't feel right without Snake, or Cloud (Square Enix rep) Crash or Spyro. I can understand the 2 latter characters but no Square Enix character is just blasphemy, Sony and Square go way back, how can they not have a single rep?

All in due time I guess, if they don't show anything at all during NYCC is when I will finally start losing hope for new characters.

people were thinking there were 24-26 characters >.> so 28-30 would be what he meant i think xD but thats a lot Smiley Tongue it would be VERY surprising.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 29 of 32 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 5, 2012

joshTX wrote:
Seems like one of SB's flaws with the production of this game was the failure to gather fan feedback. Sure, Crash may not have been possible regardless, but we likely wouldn't have 2 Coles or Fat Princess in this game had they based their picks off of fan polls.

Gathering fan feedback earlier on would have also eliminated all of the "We didn't know people like that character so much" talk that they were giving, because they would have been well aware how much people wanted Kat.

fat princess they threw in because it represents PSP and PSN at the same time, and 2 coles because sucker punch wanted both in or else we wouldnt have one cole.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 30 of 32 (37 Views)
0 Likes