Dec 06 2012
By: Pipelayer_69 Splicer 69 posts

The thing that ANNOYS me the most in this game.

12 replies 208 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Grabs...and dont get me wrong, they are a good mechanic and i love using them.. but man, once you get your level 2 super and start working on your third, people SPAM grabs that knock out SO MUCH AP! It feels so bad to loose all that AP in one grab, honestly my friends spam it so much now since they figured out the amount of AP grabs knock out of you, we hardly get level 3s anymore because of this.

I havn't noticed it online really, just with my friends, but man it sure takes alot of fun away when you loose all that AP. I just wish it did half of what it does now, only when you are working on your level 3 super. 

Well thats my only rant about this game really, otherwise its really fun, and we play for hours every day. Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Message 1 of 13 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: The thing that ANNOYS me the most in this game.

Dec 6, 2012
Its part of the strategy, a grab ejects around 15 percent of the opponents AP. its basically useless if u grab someone before a lvl 2. It may be annoying but its part of the game, if people try and grab u when ur going for a lvl 3 it means they know wat theyre doing.
Message 2 of 13 (201 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
My only problem with grabs is I think it should be more of a risk/reward thing for the player going for it. I don't think it should be just "oh you grabbed me there goes my ap" you should be able to try and counter it and if you do they lose ap instead of you.
Message 3 of 13 (190 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Except Grabbing IS Risk-Reward. You risk a short ranged attack that is incredibly easy to get away from and punish, all for a bit of your opponent's AP. 

Furthermore, some characters need their grabs. Like Ratchet. It's the best set-up for his level 1.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 13 (180 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Honestly I see no risk in grabs people usually tend to do it when they no your distracted in my experience. I see no risk in me fighting someone else and then they come in and grab me and its hard to be fast enough to avoid when dealing with someone else. I think a counter would be more than fair since it would come down to who reacts faster and not who gets lucky.
Message 5 of 13 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I do agree that some need it for setups but still, I think there should be a chance to counter especially when you past a level 2 and it takes the amount of ap it does.
Message 6 of 13 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Honestly I see no risk in grabs people usually tend to do it when they no your distracted in my experience. I see no risk in me fighting someone else and then they come in and grab me and its hard to be fast enough to avoid when dealing with someone else. I think a counter would be more than fair since it would come down to who reacts faster and not who gets lucky.

If ur not fast enough to run away when someone tries and grabs u from behind, what makes u think a counter would solve anything?? both avoiding and countering require attention and timing. I honestly think running away outright would be easier lol

Message 7 of 13 (158 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Really, the same could be said of any attack. If you're distracted and you get grabbed, they have earned that grab. Grabs are entirely easy to evade and punish. Furthermore, it really isn't hard earning that AP back, even if you do have a level 3.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 8 of 13 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Ok I don't agree they didn't earn a grab when I'm being attacked by someone else and can barely defend from it. And a counter would solve alot you get a very short window to react and flick the joystick in their direction and at leat negate the effect. At the end of the day I'm not going to turn this into some big deal, it's not a huge problem but I think a shot at negating the ap loss is more than fair.
Message 9 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012
sorry if I seemed like I was trying to argue, I was just pointing out that I dont see the impact it would have. There is an opportunity to avoid the ap loss: jump, roll, hit them before they grab u, grab them first, kill them, the list can go on. All of these options require a simple press of a button, the same requirement of the counter. I honestly dont care if they implement some sort of counter or not, im just saying that there are ways already existing in the game to solve ur problem.
Message 10 of 13 (138 Views)
0 Likes