Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 26 2012
By: iiigiigy Monster Hunter 36 posts

The reason why this game just isn't what I expected.

7 replies 181 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

Okay so I had a thread earlier, and people obviously backed the game up because I compared it to another game. 
So here's my actual issue. (If you're going to try to resolve one of them, try to think of a way to resolve them all please)

- Supers being the only way to get kills is very lame:

Why? - because you can melee someone for 5 straight minutes, but they can cast one super and still get killing blows, YET if you're melee'ing someone for 5 straight minutes there's no beneift. You may as well be attacking level objects for super build-up...

-  The items seem useless since attacks (with items) deal the same amount of damage and merely knock backs. (which in this game seems useless) 

- I've gone full matches where nobody gets a single super off, and the minute that someone gets a single super off, they win. some supers are much more Overpowered than others as well which leaves somewhat of a character imbalance.

My intentions are not to hate on the game, i would just like for this game to have some longevity and technique involved.

Keep playing my friends.

Too many imbalances. Not enough feedback.
Message 1 of 8 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8568 posts

Re: The reason why this game just isn't what I expected.

Dec 26, 2012
- Certain levels have destructible pieces that give AP

- The items aren't useless at all. Some make it so you can't use supers, some give you AP, some can stun players for an extended time, and one can actually get KILLS. How are they useless again?

- Not everybody pops off supers whenever they get them. There is a strategy to using supers, when to use them, which super to use, which super best fits the level layout, etc. Which supers are OP? Supers ARE avoidable (except for screen clearing Level 3 supers).

This game oozes technique.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (166 Views)
Sackboy
503 posts

Dec 26, 2012
The supers have advantages and disadvantages plenty of technique involved
Message 3 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Dec 26, 2012
And every weapon is useful (excluding the giant tuna) Which is funny more than anything. Andd even that can make them lose ap. Even the spear of Destiny can knock out a good chunk of ap close to a level 3.
Message 4 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Dec 26, 2012
D: leave that giant tuna alone!!! I like it
Message 5 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2044 posts

Dec 26, 2012
I actually find the methods of using supers to kill keeps the games frantic and quick. While I also love SSB, I do find that the fights don't maintain the fast paced action throughout, as once players start to get close to being knocked... they just play keep away.

Message 6 of 8 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 26, 2012
If your meleeing someone for five straight minutes then you should have killed them multiple times over with your level 3s. You just suck if you waste your supers and keep missing.
Message 7 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I was expecting this game to have great online.  I can't even connect to any match at all, the creators of this game need to update it with a much, MUCH better net code.

Sully

Message 8 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes