Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
517 posts

Re: The reason I want to see kill confirms removed

Feb 4, 2013

GuardianRoxas wrote:

I can't agree. Kill Confirms are what makes this game more fun, to me at least. When i see an E. Cole get his Level 1 and begin charging that punch, my stress level goes up just a bit, but it doesn't make me mess up my game. Instead, i then rely on my dodging/countering SKILLS. I think this is more of a complaint than statement. Why would you just randomly throw out supers unless you know they could hit? Considering how great the roll system is, it would be pretty hard to land supers. It would be like taking out a combo that leads into a super for a game like UMVC3 or Street Fighter. If kill confirms are a problem, then i say you just need more practice.

The difference is that in UMVC3, the super doesn't automatically kill you.  That requires chaining multiple supers together.  This game is different.  You honestly like that Fat Princess players just get enough AP for their lvl 1, then spend the rest of their time doing aerial knight until they get a guaranteed kill?  And to answer your question, your supers are supposed to be thrown out when you believe that you CAN make a kill.  It's supposed to be a risk.  Otherwise, nobody would use thier other two supers.  Lvl 1 is the riskiest/cheapest, lvl 2 is less risky/ sceond cheapest, and lvl 3 is least risky.  If you take out the risk, then it eliminates part of the strategy of getting your other supers.  I'm pretty sure Superbot didn't take the time and effort to make lvl 2's and 3's just to be ignored for a guaranteed lvl 1...

Message 11 of 20 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I don't have a problem with easy level 1's. To me, all three Supers for anyway have a meta game to them. If someone relys on lvl 1's, they are more agressive, if they rely on level twos, they are combo heavy, and if they rely on lvl 3's they just play extremely careful. Again, i don't have a problem with it because i've learned how to counter it. What makes it fun for me, for a fighting game, is to move and adapt to the situation. Just yesterday i used a lvl 1 with Cole to kill Parappa while he used his level 2. It would have took the same amount of skill for a kill confirm if i used that. Some people escape combos, so where's the harm in making sure they can't?

Message 12 of 20 (183 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

Feb 4, 2013

GuardianRoxas wrote:

I don't have a problem with easy level 1's. To me, all three Supers for anyway have a meta game to them. If someone relys on lvl 1's, they are more agressive, if they rely on level twos, they are combo heavy, and if they rely on lvl 3's they just play extremely careful. Again, i don't have a problem with it because i've learned how to counter it. What makes it fun for me, for a fighting game, is to move and adapt to the situation. Just yesterday i used a lvl 1 with Cole to kill Parappa while he used his level 2. It would have took the same amount of skill for a kill confirm if i used that. Some people escape combos, so where's the harm in making sure they can't?

the harm is turning a no 100% hit lvl1 better than a lv2 wich is supposed to be better somehow(there is a hint on the number of the lvl and ap cost if you pay attention).

Message 13 of 20 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Feb 4, 2013

That's just gamers being smart with the system at hand. With Spike, i can kill confirm with both his lvl 1 and lvl 2. His lvl one is risky to use since it has limited range, so you use something else to make the chances of it hitting higher. Its that simple.

Message 14 of 20 (140 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Call me crazy but I actually like kill confirms in this game. They make the matches a lot more intense and keep you defensive. Some characters actually need their stagger causing move to ap burst  like E.Cole,Toro, Heihachi, etc. But yeah that's my opinion you can disagree with it if you want, it wont change anything.

Message 15 of 20 (127 Views)
Wastelander
847 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

PeroDag wrote:

Call me crazy but I actually like kill confirms in this game. They make the matches a lot more intense and keep you defensive. Some characters actually need their stagger causing move to ap burst  like E.Cole,Toro, Heihachi, etc. But yeah that's my opinion you can disagree with it if you want, it wont change anything.

i disagree, but you got a kudo because ur answer is cool.

Message 16 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Confirms aren't hard to avoid or dodge, I do this all the time.  The problem is on the meta, the safest way to avoid is to jump spam and this is done by 80%+ of players.  It's redicilous to see three players jump around like an idiot when e-cole has  a charged punch.  

Besides, if confirms were supposed to be here then why do all characters not have a viable one???

Why did they remove confirms from characters after beta (e.g. Jak)???

Whats the point of level 2 (and in some cases level 3) when a level 1 confirmed is better???

Message 17 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 5, 2013

GuardianRoxas wrote:

Except Kratos who plays the same no matter what your strategy. Can you say easy mode?

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 18 of 20 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I think what sucks the most about kill confirms is when I'm in a stock match and it's my last life against an (also on his last life) Evil Cole. He charges his fire-fist-thingy and I feel like giving up because one hit and I'm dead. Most of my favorite characters (Parappa) don't have reliable one-hit kill-confirms so I feel cheated.
Scott Pilgrim for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!
Message 19 of 20 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I dont think kill comfirms needs to be removed completely. Just the ones with the cheap one hit ones like Fat P, Raiden, Sly, etc. I like the ones you can combo into a level one.

Every character needs a combo into a level one not a cheap one hit into level 1. But also some of these characters needs recovery frames in there moves bad. There are still too many low risk high rewards moves in the game. Its like it dont make sense for chareacters to have those cheap counters but others dont have a counter at all. Either everyone needs to have one or no one at all.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - gmoney0505
Message 20 of 20 (48 Views)
0 Likes