Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

Sackboy it not OMGWTF awesomel337sauce cool or sexy enough to be top tier. That tier belongs to Kratos Nariko and Raiden. Why they choose to patch one character while leaving the others alone boggles my mind.

Message 71 of 85 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 1, 2012

To be honest, I wouldn't care if I never saw Sackboy used online again. I don't even have the enthusiasm to play LittleBigPlanet anymore. That's how much this Sackboy exploit ruined him for me. The little troll... Smiley Sad

Photobucket
Message 72 of 85 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mac102991 wrote:

Sackboy it not OMGWTF awesomel337sauce cool or sexy enough to be top tier. That tier belongs to Kratos Nariko and Raiden. Why they choose to patch one character while leaving the others alone boggles my mind.

Because overuse =/= overpowered.  Kratos and Raiden aren't being taken advantage of in a way that SuperBot didn't prepare for beforehand.  Sackboy was.  Not to mention Sackboy had the highest AP gain by a LOT, so something had to be done to balance him out, as opposed to Kratos whose spam is well-known and combatable.  And Raiden's not even close to OP, he just has combos.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 73 of 85 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

mac102991 wrote:

Because overuse =/= overpowered.  Kratos and Raiden aren't being taken advantage of in a way that SuperBot didn't prepare for beforehand.  Sackboy was.  Not to mention Sackboy had the highest AP gain by a LOT, so something had to be done to balance him out, as opposed to Kratos whose spam is well-known and combatable.  And Raiden's not even close to OP, he just has combos.

and he's **bleep** fast, don't forget that...

Play For Fun!
Message 74 of 85 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 1, 2012

achus93again wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

mac102991 wrote:

and he's **bleep** fast, don't forget that...

That too.  He's very versatile, but not OP by any means.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 75 of 85 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I think they nerfed Sackboy because of their telemetry system, not because of complainers. I'm pretty sure there was an interview somewhere where it was explained that Sackboy was more of an advanced character. He obviously wasn't being played the way they intended him to be played and therefore changed some things about his moves that would discourage the way he was being played, and hopefully promote the way they intended him to be played. I'm sure there are people who will still be successful with Sackboy, and those are the people he is intended for. The people who cannot be successful with him should move onto someone else and stop being upset that he isn't as easy to play. Although it has been said by the designers that Kratos is a good character to start with.

Message 76 of 85 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 1, 2012

No, what the real problem is personal bias interfering with game balance.

Tons of people who use sackboy defend him saying "no no, he's not OP you all just suck!"  It's not even the community's idea, superbot themselves said they'd look into statistics about characters.  So what you're complaining about is partly superbot's fault and not our.  They see it fit and it's happening.  Though I do think they did a little too much (5 nerfs is a lot)

People whine and whine when anyone wants to bring up a balancing issue.  Why?  You, OP, are constantly saying that people should just learn to deal with it.  Why?  Why not fix the problem so the extreme learning curve isn't needed?  Of course people are  going to learn how to get past certain characters, but there are plenty of people abusing spam and abusing it to get high ranks/high on the leaderboard.  It's make the game more competitive friendly if it was centered more on combos rather than seeing who can abuse spam the most.  

It's idiotic and completely counter productive to your own argument... if you don't have problems with spam or with certain characters, why ON EARTH do you care if they get nerfed?  If anything your skill level would rise even more.  

If sackboy seems underpowered, then they'll fix him.  Not like this patch has rolled out yet either so you all can abuse that sackboy spam for another couple days.  

Message 77 of 85 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 1, 2012

After his patch it still wont matter, ill just have to do one extra combo to be the same as it was before. Jam session was the main thing that was nerfed imo, the style of which a good sackboy player plays will not change. People will have to deal with it...its a match up non the less. 

Message 78 of 85 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 1, 2012

My only issue with Sackboy is his Level 3 and how ridiculous it is... Once it's used, we all become bubbles, and when we die, we spawn on the bottom of the stage (Still as bubbles) giving us virtually no time to try and avoid him.

That was my only issue with Sackboy was his Level 3. And see with Kratos' level 3, it's very easy to avoid/dodge/evade.

Message 79 of 85 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@mac1020991 I don't even think Kratos is that bad. His attacks are fast with good range but have pretty awful recover so blocking him means he's vulnerable to attack much more than a lot of characters and his super 1 and 2 are pretty bad unless he can take advantage of a struggle in FFA.

Only character who's potentially top tier for FFA and 1vs1 is Raiden and even then he's not unstoppable. I'd actually wager Fat Princess, Toro or one of the Nathan Drake being deemed top tier after some torunaments and people fully using the characters potential.
Message 80 of 85 (147 Views)
0 Likes