Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

sovietprince wrote:

so it's a bad idea to fix problems that will potentially drive people away from the game? I am glad there being aggressive with patches and if it takes a patch a week for a year to get a perfect balance then so be it.

Two weeks after the game is released for over-nerfing a character that didn't fully deserve it is just sad. We could go into 'why' its sad, semantics, like '600 to 750 is completely unrealistic because that's a full 150 gap.' But I guess whiners whine to win their way around.

Message 61 of 85 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I honestly think this patch will be fine. Sackboy gained ap the fastest hands down period (yes faster than Kratos I know someone will say it). I think he will still be one of the fastest ap generators. Also I believe SuperBot did this because they never intended for him to be a character who does nothing but sit in the corner and fire projectiles to win. And for the love off god people stop comparing it to Radecs sniper besides them both using projectiles there are no similarities. Sackboys cake and jelly are way different then Radecs sniper, they both arc and one bounces. You can predict the cakes landing but you never know exactly were the jelly will go. Radecs sniper is a straight across shot so it much easier to predict and dodge obviously.
Message 62 of 85 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 1, 2012

can't we all just wait until the patch get's released?

then we'll probably either see 'kratos now needs to be nerfed' or 'sackboy was nerfed way too much, he needs a buff' thread....

Play For Fun!
Message 63 of 85 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Dec 1, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

@GnomeWizard

Spam is when you use attacks over and over again, which is an unskilled tactic. Sorry, do I need to read you a dictionary, now, too?

Spam - Define Spam at Dictionary.com.png

^^ thats what spam is.

. Almost all I ever see from anybody is using 80% the same attacks and 20%blocking and other attacks.  you have to accept that some attacks gain more ap than others. Almost all I EVER do when I play as parrapa is the thousand punch move, because its the best thing to gain AP, which is the point of the game.  if you can't stop somebody from using the same attack over and over than thats on you..

It's gamers like you that I hate. Superbot built these characters to have 2 dozen moves, and you only spam one of them because it helps you win the best? I'm sorry but that's idiotic and doesn't deserve a bit of anyones' respect. Learn to play the game before you try to tell everyone else they're wrong.

Message 64 of 85 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Dec 1, 2012
People are complaining about the patch? LOL
Message 65 of 85 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Patching is usually bad as it is anyways. Doing it so early in the game, for any reason, whatsoever, unless its something like a network patch, is generally a bad idea.

I'm glad you know more than these veteran game developers do.

Message 66 of 85 (115 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Except Sackboy was legitimately used in a way that SuperBot never anticipated, causing his AP gain to be possibly exponentially more than it was ever supposed to be. Considering he has one of the best Super sets in the game, and he can still gain AP the same way as he could before, it's not an issue. I've seen Sackboys get a lvl3 in thirty seconds flat, and now it'll legitimately take about two minutes or so to get one in the same way. Kratos spam is exactly what SuperBot anticipated, and at the moment is not excessive according to their data, so he won't get fixed yet. It's really simple, and you're really overreacting right now. Not every patch instantly means the game is going to go to hell.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 67 of 85 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

sovietprince wrote:

so it's a bad idea to fix problems that will potentially drive people away from the game? I am glad there being aggressive with patches and if it takes a patch a week for a year to get a perfect balance then so be it.

Two weeks after the game is released for over-nerfing a character that didn't fully deserve it is just sad. We could go into 'why' its sad, semantics, like '600 to 750 is completely unrealistic because that's a full 150 gap.' But I guess whiners whine to win their way around.

That's exactly what you're doing, though.  Whining.  I didn't know your whining was any different from other peoples' whining, because apparently yours is justified because fixing a problem is bad.

Kratos' lvl3 takes about 700, if I'm not mistaken, and he gains AP comparably to how Sackboy did.  And a good Sackboy could still easily hit a lvl3 in just over half a Timed match.  Notice that it takes a GOOD player to get a lvl3 relatively easily?  Yeah, that's because the good players don't spam and take advantage of something that SuperBot never intended.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 68 of 85 (87 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 1, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

@GnomeWizard

Spam is when you use attacks over and over again, which is an unskilled tactic. Sorry, do I need to read you a dictionary, now, too?

Spam - Define Spam at Dictionary.com.png

^^ thats what spam is.

. Almost all I ever see from anybody is using 80% the same attacks and 20%blocking and other attacks.  you have to accept that some attacks gain more ap than others. Almost all I EVER do when I play as parrapa is the thousand punch move, because its the best thing to gain AP, which is the point of the game.  if you can't stop somebody from using the same attack over and over than thats on you..

It's gamers like you that I hate. Superbot built these characters to have 2 dozen moves, and you only spam one of them because it helps you win the best? I'm sorry but that's idiotic and doesn't deserve a bit of anyones' respect. Learn to play the game before you try to tell everyone else they're wrong.

they built them with 2 dozen moves, non of which are balanced. maybe if they would be balanced this argument wouldn't even exist.  "because it helps you win the best" I said because it BUILDS AP faster.  which is the point of the game, i didn't know the point of the game was to use the fairest tactic

Message 69 of 85 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 1, 2012

as a 999 black belt sackboy in 2v2 ranked 72 and climbing, i deffinatly think sackboy needs to be patched. How ever boosting the amount of ap required as well as nerfing the amount of ap gained on attacks is a HUGE change.  I will still play him either way. he still gonna be at the top lol.

Message 70 of 85 (170 Views)
0 Likes