Survivor
2457 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

joblade wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:

@LX_Theo Okay here's a hypothetical scenario.

A player has just bought Mario, on the first level he is killed by a Goomba of all this, the game spams them all the time so what does Mario do? The player goes onto a forum and complains about how it's unfair that a new player can't be allowed to just run through a level the way they want without getting killed, experienced players try to tell them you can avoid the Goomba's and even counter them by jumping over them or ontop of their head but OH NO this is something that NEEDS nerfed for the sake of the players who don't want to play the game properly.

Next week Nintendo releases a patch so that Mario can just walk past a Goomba unharmed without even needing to jump. The player has not improved at all but hey, he's happy, his problem has been removed. Later on a few months down the line the player jumps onto a Goomba and thinks "hey...it dies when I jump on it, I didn't know I could do that before...but now it can't even do anything to me if I try to walk towards it and jumping on it kills it so...the nerf wasn't needed?"

That the worst example ever.

do you think people and superbot are stupid enough to say nerf sackboy for no reason.

well they pretty much just did.  

Message 51 of 85 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@joblade Well it's either they lose money from all the people trying out the game telling their mates it's too hard or they nerf whatever players find a problem so that they feel better when playing and tell their friends about it.
Message 52 of 85 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 1, 2012
This game doesn't take 5 months to learn a character.
Message 53 of 85 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 1, 2012
^^It takes more than a week though.. Look at radec..
Message 54 of 85 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 1, 2012

He definitely needed to be nerfed as it required no skill to run in a corner, lay down an electric trap / fan and generate items all day long.

And the real problem is on some maps there are small ledges which dont allow anyone else on, if he plants down the trap/fan too the only way is to get him from underneath it also meant it was virtually impossible for anyone with a horizontal based super to kill him on it.

In 1v1 its no problem, it just makes for a boring game of me jumping on top and hitting him everytime he gets up. Lame yes but its either that or let him do his thing until a level 3.

The problem is in multi-tiered/changing maps ffa/2v2 the complete randomness of the level means u cant always avoid the items. So for a random match making game where you dont know which maps or characters you will be facing in advanced means he can be a complete nightmare and requires you to only concentrate on him, when no other character needs that attention you know something is wrong.

Message 55 of 85 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 1, 2012
My god, I can't believe you're all freaking out so hard. Wait until the patch actually drops then give it a few days or weeks. If there's any balance issues with Sack after the nerfing I'm sure they'll fix it up. Know why? Because balance is what you want in a game like this, as much as I'm a campaigner for people learning how to deal with things and punish them it's hard to do when some of the moves you're trying to punish have no lag or start up or in sacks case have too much AP gain.

You're arguing amongst yourselves for no real reason other than you're e-peen. Just relax and wait for the patch.

I'm a floater, not a fighter.
Message 56 of 85 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

NERFING ON WEEK TWO.

SERIOUSLY.

Did you guys not see what happened to Mortal Kombat?

What happened to Mortal Kombat? Haven't played in forever!

Photobucket
Message 57 of 85 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Patching is usually bad as it is anyways. Doing it so early in the game, for any reason, whatsoever, unless its something like a network patch, is generally a bad idea.

Message 58 of 85 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@Colton360

But it does take several months to collect enough data to make decisions on which chaarcter has an advantage against other ones. Take a look at Street Fighter 4, Zangief was deemed top tier in the first month yet 6 months down the line Seth, Sagat, C.Viper and Rufus all took the places at top tier while Zangief was chilling as a mid/low tier character after people learned both how to fight him and how to take advantage of his weakness' as some characters.
Message 59 of 85 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Dec 1, 2012

so it's a bad idea to fix problems that will potentially drive people away from the game? I am glad there being aggressive with patches and if it takes a patch a week for a year to get a perfect balance then so be it.

Photobucket
Message 60 of 85 (84 Views)
0 Likes