Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2457 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012
Marrow, your forgetting something. you're point is invalid because of spam.
Message 31 of 85 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
1169 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

@LX_Theo Okay by your logic there are different levels of spam. fair enough. But hear this, there are different levels of proper use of a character too and it's THAT that should determine whether characters need changed or not because SPAM players can learn how to counter and make useless because all it is, is the non proper use of an attack beating the non proper use of defence and avoidance.

Now spam people can learn to deal with till it's ineffective because that's all it is, spam. However if people cannot or find difficulty dealing with proper strategies by characters utilising their tools and have the most options of all characters which people CAN'T work around since you can't avoid or change a characters potential.

Character potential is something that cannot be changed by playing a certain way, you can't "change" how long Kratos' combos are when you're in the middle of one, if he has the potential to get 150 meter and a player is able to do that then nothing on your part can change that, but you can change the use of just throwing out one move repeatedly by reacting to ways to make that move useless.

Message 32 of 85 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.


We already know the type of elitist people you surround yourself on these subjects. Let me guess, they didn't actually analyze the effects of the nerf and are simply laughing because there was one? Yeah, stupidity of your own kind at its finest.


You mean the guys who know how to play the game and can connect Dante's Level 2 into a giant 10 hit bold cancel?

 

You mean the people who have basically agreed that making the giant undeserved push from 600 to 750 was completely unneccesary and unfair to a character so easy to dodge?

Yes.

 

People who matter.

 

NOT CASUALS WHO WILL DROP THE GAME IN A FEW WEEKS ANYWAYS.


And you claim you're not elitist? **** you. People like you you treat everyone else like garbage don't deserve any favors. You're among the worst of the worst.

Message 33 of 85 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012
Shouldn't the experts be able to exploit Sackboys moveset regardless then ?

I'm all for making the game more accessible to newcomers & elites alike - local multiplayer is where I go when I want to get serious.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 34 of 85 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2457 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

@GnomeWizard

Spam is when you use attacks over and over again, which is an unskilled tactic. Sorry, do I need to read you a dictionary, now, too?


Spam - Define Spam at Dictionary.com.png

^^ thats what spam is.

 

. Almost all I ever see from anybody is using 80% the same attacks and 20%blocking and other attacks.  you have to accept that some attacks gain more ap than others. Almost all I EVER do when I play as parrapa is the thousand punch move, because its the best thing to gain AP, which is the point of the game.  if you can't stop somebody from using the same attack over and over than thats on you..

Message 35 of 85 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@LX_Theo Okay by your logic there are different levels of spam. fair enough. But hear this, there are different levels of proper use of a character too and it's THAT that should determine whether characters need changed or not because SPAM players can learn how to counter and make useless because all it is, is the non proper use of an attack beating the non proper use of defence and avoidance.

Now spam people can learn to deal with till it's ineffective because that's all it is, spam. However if people cannot or find difficulty dealing with proper strategies by characters utilising their tools and have the most options of all characters which people CAN'T work around since you can't avoid or change a characters potential.

Character potential is something that cannot be changed by playing a certain way, you can't "change" how long Kratos' combos when you're in the middle of one, if he has the potential to get 150 meter and a player is able to do that then nothing on your part can change that, but you can change the use of just throwing out one move repeatedly by reacting to ways to make that move useless.

No, its not. If the lower skilled players (Also known as most of the people who bought and are playing this game) are being destroyed by a SPAM of all things, then it needs to be dealt with. Its not just the skilled players who are playing. But sure, forget about them. Because in your world, every single person wants to learn how to be good and great at the game rather than just HAVE FUN.

 

I like how you revert to saying all spam is the same half way through, too. Very intellectual.

Message 36 of 85 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/28/2012
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012
Marrow, you're stupid as **bleep**. Get off the boards dude. You don't belong.

The pros themselves are saying sack needed to get nerfed, and only spammers and the casuals you complain about are whining about it. Seriously dude, get over yourself
Message 37 of 85 (132 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.


We already know the type of elitist people you surround yourself on these subjects. Let me guess, they didn't actually analyze the effects of the nerf and are simply laughing because there was one? Yeah, stupidity of your own kind at its finest.


You mean the guys who know how to play the game and can connect Dante's Level 2 into a giant 10 hit bold cancel?

 

You mean the people who have basically agreed that making the giant undeserved push from 600 to 750 was completely unneccesary and unfair to a character so easy to dodge?

Yes.

 

People who matter.

 

NOT CASUALS WHO WILL DROP THE GAME IN A FEW WEEKS ANYWAYS.


And you claim you're not elitist? **** you. People like you you treat everyone else like garbage don't deserve any favors. You're among the worst of the worst.


And you're not an elitist, insulting me since day 1?

Message 38 of 85 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

@GnomeWizard

Spam is when you use attacks over and over again, which is an unskilled tactic. Sorry, do I need to read you a dictionary, now, too?


Spam - Define Spam at Dictionary.com.png

^^ thats what spam is.

 

. Almost all I ever see from anybody is using 80% the same attacks and 20%blocking and other attacks.  you have to accept that some attacks gain more ap than others. Almost all I EVER do when I play as parrapa is the thousand punch move, because its the best thing to gain AP, which is the point of the game.  if you can't stop somebody from using the same attack over and over than thats on you..


*Facepalm*

 

You do realize the concept of soething disruptive over and over again like the second definition there was applied (a long time ago) by people to describe that in a game, as well?

 

And the thousand punch move isn;t even the best way to gain AP with Parappa, lol. Its the combos, lol. Wow, you're dumb.

Message 39 of 85 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.


We already know the type of elitist people you surround yourself on these subjects. Let me guess, they didn't actually analyze the effects of the nerf and are simply laughing because there was one? Yeah, stupidity of your own kind at its finest.


You mean the guys who know how to play the game and can connect Dante's Level 2 into a giant 10 hit bold cancel?

 

You mean the people who have basically agreed that making the giant undeserved push from 600 to 750 was completely unneccesary and unfair to a character so easy to dodge?

Yes.

 

People who matter.

 

NOT CASUALS WHO WILL DROP THE GAME IN A FEW WEEKS ANYWAYS.


And you claim you're not elitist? **** you. People like you you treat everyone else like garbage don't deserve any favors. You're among the worst of the worst.


And you're not an elitist, insulting me since day 1?


Day 1? Nah, I've been insulting you since you started treating anyone who wasn't out to be the best of the best like dirt. Wasn't day 1, but probably pretty close. 

 

Though, if you want to call someone who tries to fight for as many people as he can, like him or not like him, an elitist, then maybe you should get your priorities straight.

Message 40 of 85 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes