Survivor
2456 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:
@LX_Theo
I am not an elitist, I'm realistic.

Hell I had trouble with Radec's sniper in the beta and yet despite it not being tweaked at all no one complains about it because people learned you could block it, avoid it or just harass Radec upclose where he has few options to fight back.

This should have been how people handle Sackboy but it's not.

If they were going to change anything the best thing they could have done was just make it so that when you respawn for his level 3 you don't respawn in another bubble allowing you full mobility and being able to dodge the same way players don't respawn in another box for Raiden's level 3 after the first death.

No you're not. You said to learn how to beat the spam without actually looking at the reality of how it compared to other spams. You haven't addressed that once. You even act like your addressing peasants as a king when you talk about teaching them how to counter it. Its ridiculous.

his cake isn't spam, it's his bloody playstyle.. if you see somebody just using his cake, COMPLETELY just using his cake NOTHING else, and you can't beat him, then you must be terrible.  how can you not beat somebody using one move?  I've seen people with kratos get their level 3's in the back of the plane on the uncharted level.  

Message 21 of 85 (191 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.

We already know the type of elitist people you surround yourself on these subjects. Let me guess, they didn't actually analyze the effects of the nerf and are simply laughing because there was one? Yeah, stupidity of your own kind at its finest.

Message 22 of 85 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Please. Sackboy obviously had an edge over the rest. Btw K Lao is still OP to this day
Message 23 of 85 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@ LX_Theo

No I tried to share advice on how I managed to get around Sackboys weakness' I never told anyone they SHOULD play that way I said to them they CAN if they WANT to try it out and see if it works.

Effectivness of spam against noobs = Effectiveness against half decent players

In Street Fighter 4 everyone deemed Zangief top tier for the first month and yet at all tournaments following these assumptions Seth, Sagat, C.Viper and Rufus all became the top tier characters with a lot of tools both for casual play and high level play while Zangief was merely just a below average mid tier character with nothing special once people realised he can't grab you if you jump or keep him away.

Difference is that its a matter of a spam, not quality of character overall.

Message 24 of 85 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:
@LX_Theo

Hell I had trouble with Radec's sniper in the beta and yet despite it not being tweaked at all no one complains about it because people learned you could block it, avoid it or just harass Radec upclose where he has few options to fight back.

If they were going to change anything the best thing they could have done was just make it so that when you respawn for his level 3 you don't respawn in another bubble allowing you full mobility and being able to dodge the same way players don't respawn in another box for Raiden's level 3 after the first death.

No you're not. You said to learn how to beat the spam without actually looking at the reality of how it compared to other spams. You haven't addressed that once. You even act like your addressing peasants as a king when you talk about teaching them how to counter it. Its ridiculous.

his cake isn't spam, it's his bloody playstyle.. if you see somebody just using his cake, COMPLETELY just using his cake NOTHING else, and you can't beat him, then you must be terrible.  how can you not beat somebody using one move?  I've seen people with kratos get their level 3's in the back of the plane on the uncharted level.  

Not all spams are equal. THink about it and you may be able to grasp what makes people so against the spam. Oh, and yes, using the same attack over and over again with a couple traps around him is a spam, whether you like it or not.

Message 25 of 85 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@Colton360 Yes he has an edge if you IGNORE him.

Sackboy has (had) tools for keepaway and for long range battles and thus he was good at that. If you try to beat him at this range with a character not built for it then yes he had an edge.

PaRappa is good at close range with the tools to stay close and if you try to beat him witha character not built for it then he has an edge.

So at long range Sackboy > PaRappa and at close it's PaRappa > Sackboy so the whole meta game becomes a case of who can stay within their effective range the longest to utilise all their tools. People didn't quite grasp this concept hence why everyone complained about Radec in the beta because they tried to out do him at long range which is a bad idea.

Over time in the final game Radec recieved no changes to his sniper rifle, what happened to all the complaining about him? Gone. Why? people learned how to stop mindless use of it the same way people learned how to stop getting hit by someone using Kratos' chain grab and nothing else. Now over time by this logic people would learn to adapt to mindless use of Sackboy but superbot fixed that for them by nerfing him harshly.

By this logic all close range characters now need to have their AP gain on their most effective attacks halfed also and their super meter requirements heightened too in order to make it balanced.
Message 26 of 85 (160 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 1, 2012
please explain to me your definition of spam? I used to get destroyed by a lot of radecs, and it was because he has a sniper rifle which gains him more ap than any of his attacks.
Here is this game works. You have a super meter, your supers are the only thing that kills people, some attacks gain more super than others so people use those attacks(IE parappas square mash, radecs sniper, sly coopers triangle forward, sweet tooths shoulder push). you're telling people to not use the attacks because its cheap, and you fail to block them, not that they're "spam".
lets nerf kratos so his only attack thats any good is his bow and arrow -.-
Message 27 of 85 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 1, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

CalDW19940 wrote:
@LX_Theo

Not all spams are equal. THink about it and you may be able to grasp what makes people so against the spam. Oh, and yes, using the same attack over and over again with a couple traps around him is a spam, whether you like it or not.

Its not spam! Its what he's supposed to do.  thats like saying all people do is "spam" krato's MAIN attack, so lets nerf it and make him a long range character with his bow and arrow.  Sackboy is probably the easiest character in the game to block.  it's almost sad how many people here complain about it,  I agree his level 3 is aggrivating and such, but they didn't even patch that! Sackboy has another "exploit" if you will, that they did not adress but I bet more people will figure it out cause they can't use him for keepaway now.  

Message 28 of 85 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 1, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.

We already know the type of elitist people you surround yourself on these subjects. Let me guess, they didn't actually analyze the effects of the nerf and are simply laughing because there was one? Yeah, stupidity of your own kind at its finest.

You mean the guys who know how to play the game and can connect Dante's Level 2 into a giant 10 hit bold cancel?

You mean the people who have basically agreed that making the giant undeserved push from 600 to 750 was completely unneccesary and unfair to a character so easy to dodge?

Yes.

People who matter.

NOT CASUALS WHO WILL DROP THE GAME IN A FEW WEEKS ANYWAYS.

Message 29 of 85 (147 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

@GnomeWizard

Spam is when you use attacks over and over again, which is an unskilled tactic. Sorry, do I need to read you a dictionary, now, too?

Message 30 of 85 (145 Views)
0 Likes