Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012

I don't think you seem to understand.

TWO WEEKS. Into the game.

Not even after the first Ranked Season did they decide to nerf a character.

Its far too early for us to be making judgment calls on what's 'broken'.

Message 11 of 85 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@LX_Theo
I am not an elitist, I'm realistic.

Hell I had trouble with Radec's sniper in the beta and yet despite it not being tweaked at all no one complains about it because people learned you could block it, avoid it or just harass Radec upclose where he has few options to fight back.

This should have been how people handle Sackboy but it's not.

If they were going to change anything the best thing they could have done was just make it so that when you respawn for his level 3 you don't respawn in another bubble allowing you full mobility and being able to dodge the same way players don't respawn in another box for Raiden's level 3 after the first death.
Message 12 of 85 (196 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@LX_Theo

Yes it's the exact same

Kratos gets in close once for an assualt = Gains 120 meter on average

Sackboy gets some distance once and holds his ground for a few seconds = Gains 90 meter on average

(after the patch)

Kratos gets in close once for an assualt = Gains 120 meter on average.

Sackboy gets some distance once and holds his ground for a few seconds = Only gains about 55 meter on average.
Message 13 of 85 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@LX_Theo
I am not an elitist, I'm realistic.

Hell I had trouble with Radec's sniper in the beta and yet despite it not being tweaked at all no one complains about it because people learned you could block it, avoid it or just harass Radec upclose where he has few options to fight back.

This should have been how people handle Sackboy but it's not.

If they were going to change anything the best thing they could have done was just make it so that when you respawn for his level 3 you don't respawn in another bubble allowing you full mobility and being able to dodge the same way players don't respawn in another box for Raiden's level 3 after the first death.

No you're not. You said to learn how to beat the spam without actually looking at the reality of how it compared to other spams. You haven't addressed that once. You even act like your addressing peasants as a king when you talk about teaching them how to counter it. Its ridiculous.

Message 14 of 85 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Do you know what two weeks means? It means it was THAT ****ING OBVIOUS OF A PROBLEM. 

Message 15 of 85 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Considering everyone I know on Facebook is laughing at the game I'll consider your idiocy null and void.

Message 16 of 85 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Well if it took superbot two weeks to realize then maybe sackboy did need to be adjusted though why didn't they do anything against the kratos move is beyond me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 17 of 85 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

For us, yes it is entirely too early. For Superbot? Not so much.

I doubt that SB thinks that Sackboy is as horribly OP as this forum makes it sound, but they KNOW that Sackboy is causing havoc over all mid/lower level players.

They way I see it, Sackboy will end up being much like Evelynn was from League of Legends. Evelynn was a powerhouse against a large majority of the player base but a trash pick in higher levels of play. They ended up having to overhaul the complete character because by design it was impossible to balance for all levels of play. Unforunately, I don't see Sackboy ever being in a place where is balanced on every level. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and this latest change will be all Sackboy needed, but until we see what we're working with we have no place to judge.

Message 18 of 85 (174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 1, 2012
People are laughing at the game on Facebook because Sackboy got nerfed...that's pretty sad lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 85 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@ LX_Theo

No I tried to share advice on how I managed to get around Sackboys weakness' I never told anyone they SHOULD play that way I said to them they CAN if they WANT to try it out and see if it works.

Effectivness of spam against noobs = Effectiveness against half decent players

In Street Fighter 4 everyone deemed Zangief top tier for the first month and yet at all tournaments following these assumptions Seth, Sagat, C.Viper and Rufus all became the top tier characters with a lot of tools both for casual play and high level play while Zangief was merely just a below average mid tier character with nothing special once people realised he can't grab you if you jump or keep him away.
Message 20 of 85 (169 Views)
0 Likes