I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: The real problem:

Dec 1, 2012
@Go_Buddie_Go

Sackboy's level 3 could have been made the sam eas Raidens in that you don't respawn in another bubble after the first kill just like you don't spawn in another box for Raiden.
Message 81 of 85 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 1, 2012
@Goldhawk1 Because it's like blowing a wall in a building instead of checking to see if there's a back door. Yes you've now found a way in but you've really done a lot of damage you didn't have to do and then you find the back door anyway.

They nerfed Sackboy before people got a chance to learn how to combat him and his playstyle. A two week nerf after launch is ridiculous.

Radec was herralded as OP in the beta and in the final game his long range capabilities are leaps and bounds better than Sackboys since you can't destroy his projeciltes and he has good level 1, 2 AND 3 supers but Sackboy only has a level 3. Yet when's the last time there was a "Radec is OP Nerf him!" thread? People learned to just avoid his long range game and pressure him upclose instead of try attack him at long range where he's most effective. I don't even play Sackboy and found it much easier dealing with his mindless spam compared to any other character.
Message 82 of 85 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 1, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@Goldhawk1 Because it's like blowing a wall in a building instead of checking to see if there's a back door. Yes you've now found a way in but you've really done a lot of damage you didn't have to do and then you find the back door anyway.

They nerfed Sackboy before people got a chance to learn how to combat him and his playstyle. A two week nerf after launch is ridiculous.

Radec was herralded as OP in the beta and in the final game his long range capabilities are leaps and bounds better than Sackboys since you can't destroy his projeciltes and he has good level 1, 2 AND 3 supers but Sackboy only has a level 3. Yet when's the last time there was a "Radec is OP Nerf him!" thread? People learned to just avoid his long range game and pressure him upclose instead of try attack him at long range where he's most effective. I don't even play Sackboy and found it much easier dealing with his mindless spam compared to any other character.

They nerfed him because he was OP.  The community saw him as OP and super bot saw him as OP...you cannot deny this. 

Have you played the nerfed sackboy?  No.  So you couldn't possibly label him as destroyed, or even useless.  

The problem with him was, he has a wide variety of moves, just like Kratos, and raiden.  But also like Kratos and raiden instead of using a multitude of attacks, EVERYONE who used sackboy stuck to the cheapest method possible in which they could gain monsterous amounts of AP with no work put into it.  Sackboy has moves beyond just cake and gum man... and people **bleep** about the nerf are only **bleep** about it because now they actually have to use more than two buttons.  

What they did was fix something that was unfair.  No one should have to go through such a steep learning curve to combat such a goofy character.  I'm sure the character's game plan is to at some point use gum and cake...but sit there...the whole match and use it repeatedly?  No freakin way.  

Message 83 of 85 (141 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

if the spam is what is beating you guys then your not very good. Ive had plenty of people get in and/or deny my level 3. They have tools to get past sackboys move set built into the games mechanics. only thing they are changing is how fast he gets AP, which if your a skilled sackboy it wont really matter.  Only difference that it will make is people wont drop out of matches as early as they do... they'll stay about 25 seconds longer.

Message 84 of 85 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I only ever concentrate on Sackboy in FFA mode and he still gets to level 3 sometimes without even hitting me. Because his random **bleep** hits all the other players. So even when he's fighting me and losing he is still gaining AP much faster than me and his level 3 is over kill it becomes a match of you having to battle a deficit of 6 kills almost always.

In 2v2 its not a problem, as a team can co-ordinate. Its just in random games that he's OP. But honestly yes its a cheap character because you are unintentionally gaining AP by hitting players you weren't aiming for constantly. Unlike a more skills based character whom has to direct their singular attacks to a specific player.
Message 85 of 85 (98 Views)
0 Likes