Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: The "real" issue with suggested nerfing.

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:
I like how everyone playing broken classes think they're good. Sly can counter projectiles which is **bleep**, kratos can spam the endless square with circle and triangle every now and then. Sackboy spams, and you can't roll over the electric pad for some god awful reason. Raiden just charges and spams square. Yes most people on here suck but there are broken classes and I notice those saying they aren't broken are people playing as them.

I'm not saying I'm the best, I would be more on the lines of average and I bet you that these people who agree with me are most likely the people who can beat my Sly (or most Slys) with ease.

You should really read the entire thing. Spamming can be countered if you anticipate it, that is pretty much my entire point. That being said, saying that you get your butt kicked because you didn't learn to not only anticipate the attack but learn to counter it does not make the character OP.

My evidence is how "I get my butt handed to me" while I play "Sly" and learn from it. It's not about how I win but how both the player and I learn to fight each other by taking notice of each others actions.

Message 31 of 36 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Lol did I ever say sly beats me? Not at all, he's annoying when spammers appear but that's about it. I know how to block and can dodge him and kratos. I merely stating what I observe in this game. And sly is broken, he can counter projectiles reverse moves, a stun. If you don't win most matches as a sly then your not using him correctly and should replay a tutorial. A good sly can counter almost everything and gain ap fairly quickly. Just because YOU are bad at a broken character and don't see a reason to nerf it doesn't mean it's not actually broken.
Message 32 of 36 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Aldo you have no issue being able to use your lvl 1 while invisible? That sir is a broken thing about sly that is indeed broken.
Message 33 of 36 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Also*
Message 34 of 36 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 8, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:
Lol did I ever say sly beats me? Not at all, he's annoying when spammers appear but that's about it. I know how to block and can dodge him and kratos. I merely stating what I observe in this game. And sly is broken, he can counter projectiles reverse moves, a stun. If you don't win most matches as a sly then your not using him correctly and should replay a tutorial. A good sly can counter almost everything and gain ap fairly quickly. Just because YOU are bad at a broken character and don't see a reason to nerf it doesn't mean it's not actually broken.

Again, ITS ABOUT LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKE. I'm not talking about winning or loosing, I'm talking about adjusting your play style in order to get the upper hand. You clearly don't get it, its about anticipating his stuns or reversals. There really isn't any op moveset, just lousy people who can't understand how to adjust to specific characters.

Message 35 of 36 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 9, 2012
No what I'm telling you there is, I adjust the way I play as you've said for so many times which is why I meant I beat sly's. in fact you have to adjust play in ffa. And I learned from mistakes, but what I point out is there are sons characters who get punished for reckless spamming and some who don't. Ex: big daddy charge, you miss your screwed. Block kratos chains while he runs up on you results in being grabbed, and if you roll back you get hit by chains or his open square. That's what I'm trying to point out. Sly can spam a counter and it even counters projectiles unlike kratos and raiden (unless close). Sly can use his lvl 1 (possibly the best lvl 1) while invisible, and is impossible to hit him before using it to negate it.
Message 36 of 36 (46 Views)
0 Likes