Dec 08 2012
By: MercenaryDemon Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

The "real" issue with suggested nerfing.

35 replies 329 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

I'm probably going to get hate for this, but the honest truth is that you most likely suck.

When you play a fighter where every character is completely unique then you are required to completely adjust yourself to fight specific characters. I'm more than willing to bet that half of you complaining play exactly the same way in every match expecting to have a positive outcome.

When playing with legitimately good players, I take notice of how they adjust themselves for my Sly. When they notice that I use either counter stance or teleporting, they hesitate (because Sly is vulnerable after using said moves) and then attack after my failed attempt. Using his teleportation requires the other player to be left vulnerable after an attack because you can't immediately follow up with an attack after teleporting. As for his counter stance, it must be timed well as it only lasts for like a second (an considering how every character plays differently, timing varies) and if it fails, Sly is left vulnerable to an attack (and he can't follow up immediately with another counter stance).

After I notice that they change to adjust themselves for my tricks, I then change myself and go on the offensive which now works because they hesitate to attack due to the expectation of the said tricks.

This is the type of mentality that should be applied to such games. (also, blocking and rolling does not hurt you, so how about using it)

Now, I understand that there are some legitimate balancing issues. But for the most part, the "real" issues are either OP levels or AP gain. (keep in mind I said for the most part)

Oh and getting killed by a super because you were busy wailing on someone else is not a real problem. If you didn't notice that someone has a level 1 or 2 (or you can't understand the idea of seizing the moment) than its on YOU.

If you complain about an entire move set, it should be expected that you can completely comprehend the concept of a nuance filled fighter. In other words the smallest thing you do or the other player(s) dictate the outcome of the match, therefore you are expected to understand not only "your" character but "everyone" else's character.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (329 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Re: The "real" issue with suggested nerfing.

Dec 8, 2012

Yes...just yes. I agree with everything you say.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 8, 2012
I agree with you 100%! Most of the people online DO suck. Not trying to be mean but it's true. People whine about kratos' ap gain when his supers are hard get kills with. I have to time it just right to send someone falling back to the ground to hades. X) With slys I grapple their counter **bleep** and BAM either they eventually learn or they keeep losing ap. Sackboy is the only broken character in my option, his supers are good, he's small and harder to kill or grapple, his moveset IS actually pretty good (when not spamming) and he gains ap fast.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Actually, slys counter is only open for a frac of a second, allowing him to tap circle and99% of the time he will counter you. Not only that, but his counter always brings him behind you, with you frozen for about 2 secs. His roll can bounc off opponents, so he can spam electric roll, without getting punished. And he has moves to freeze, switch buttons, stun, and steal ap. Sly is actually extremely good, no,lie. His lv1 is godly and his lv3 (but it has limited **bleep**). Sly in the right hands is almost impossible to beat 1v1 situations. I dont have a problem with him, as i grab and force sly users to stop spamming his counter, but i do agree, people need to adjust. I dont think he needs a nerf, same with slackboy. People just dont know how to play
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 8, 2012
As for the bleep, i said snaps, or atleast meant it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Then people keep geting hit in the air by me and I use his chains, wings, gauntlets, spear, whatever and they cry about me spamming?! REALLY?! What do I have to do?! Beat you to death with Helios' head!? XD And joining a game with people saying "oh a 999 blah blah" It's REALLY easy to level up. I was 999 in 2-3 days, IT'S NOT HARD TO DO AT ALL. These people need to stop complaining about the characters and evaluate their own play style
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 8, 2012

DosTheGHOST24 wrote:
Actually, slys counter is only open for a frac of a second, allowing him to tap circle and99% of the time he will counter you. Not only that, but his counter always brings him behind you, with you frozen for about 2 secs. His roll can bounc off opponents, so he can spam electric roll, without getting punished. And he has moves to freeze, switch buttons, stun, and steal ap. Sly is actually extremely good, no,lie. His lv1 is godly and his lv3 (but it has limited **bleep**). Sly in the right hands is almost impossible to beat 1v1 situations. I dont have a problem with him, as i grab and force sly users to stop spamming his counter, but i do agree, people need to adjust. I dont think he needs a nerf, same with slackboy. People just dont know how to play

I've tried to spam counter, there is a like a second wait before you actually can intiate another. If you don't believe me, talk to anyone who has actually beaten me (i'm not that great) or any good sly.

Also spamming nets you less AP than the first time you use it, plus blocking his roll leaves hime vulnerable.

I did mention that the real balancing issues are Levels and AP gain (I didn't want to go into specifics).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 8, 2012
The thing is sackboy does need a nerf. Only because crappy players exploit him. I can handle them pretty easily "Oh you want to spam cake right in my face with that electric pad? OK GOLDEN FLEECE NOW YOU GO TO HADES SACKBI TCH!! but i see how they're annoying and cheap.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Ive played spys... Really good ones, his roll bounces you off about 2ft away from opponent so if you block it, you cant hit him. You can grab him if you time it. But the counter interval is really small, and lagging only makes it deadlier.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 8, 2012

AllStarsHelp wrote:
The thing is sackboy does need a nerf. Only because crappy players exploit him. I can handle them pretty easily "Oh you want to spam cake right in my face with that electric pad? OK GOLDEN FLEECE NOW YOU GO TO HADES SACKBI TCH!! but i see how they're annoying and cheap.

I'm aware of that, which is why I mention that the majority of the balancing issues are AP gain or OP levels.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (280 Views)
0 Likes