First Son
22 posts

Re: The "I Got PASBR!"+ Impressions Thread

Nov 23, 2012

I've been playing this game for hours already and I am starting to realize something..

I started to realize that the only thing that matters to getting a victory is which character has the best Level 1.

That's it.

Message 61 of 85 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: How is Re: The "I Got PASBR!"+ Impressions Thread

Nov 23, 2012

h2omasnah- wrote:

How is Emmet as relevant to PS as Crash, Spyro, Robbit, Parappa, Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly and Bently, Snake, Lara, a Silent Hill rep?

He's not at all. Warhawk might be important to PS but I'm not sure so much about Starhawk.

Emmet is relevant because of Starhawk, and I believe there is one Starhawk mash-up level in the game, so it would make sense for them to eventually put him in the game. I personally think it is a great idea, and I'm looking forward to trying him out and testing his "Build and Battle" system in game.

By the way guys, I receieved PASBR today, 1 day ahead of release in the UK (Tesco FTW). I would just like to say that everything in this game is just like I thought it would be....and THEN some! There's heaps and heaps of unlockables and I'm gonna try and make sure I get all of them because I love this game!

Everyone is great in their own special way, and I have just switched mains, I now play as Drake instead of Kratos. Drake is just kicks everyone's butt, it pwns! His supers aren't that bad either, once you get the hang of it.

Kratos is just too overpowered and spams so much. I just didn't like him using him anymore, I only used him because it was the only decent character in the Beta, but I did vary from him and Sweet Tooth who also pwns everyone too.

But to be fair, everyone pwns, as long as you know their combos and the range of their attacks and what attacks to use in every situation. That's all there is to it!

But yeah, I just got the game, its freakin' awesome, Loving the game so much, so glad Superbot made a game like this, been waiting for a title like this on the Playstation and because its an exclusive, it makes it all the more sweeter! :smileyvery-happy:

Add me on PSN, I've been dieing to play you guys and see whose good. I'm not a great player, but it would be good to see how good everyone else is, maybe we can be partners and go online and get some belts! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 62 of 85 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I got the game yesterday night; I'm liking the game so far but there's just so much potential in this game that I had to make a list of suggestions.

Complains:

- Kratos is ridiculous... Just saying

- We need an in-depth statistics of our total gameplay. Total Hours played / Item usage / Total kills with this character / Deaths / etc,

Having statistics like these are supposed to be standard now when a game has multiplayer. I was disappointed on how I can't track any of them.

- I think I would rather prefer a health-based system rather than relying on supers to KO someone. It feels like "It doesn't matter if I get hit by that normal attack". You don't really value your characters health. I know its kind of strategic to think of the BP (or AP) bar as a strategy tool, but I believe this game would be overall better if there's a HP system. This will result in people using each types of attack as a strategy. Such as Drake's moves like the wall, or Radec's distance game. It has more strategy this way.. Keepaway game / Close range game. This is just my opinion, but I am fine with the current system, as long as there's some balance and added strategy involved.

- Characters with long ranged "close-range" attack is overpowering characters with close range attack. Like Sackboy and Big Daddy against Dante or Kratos. You can already picture in your mind how hard a face-to-face battle is.

I know Sackboy is a keep-away character but keep-away doesn't feel like a priority if your character has unlimited health.

It always ends up as every character doing a mosh-pit to build up super meter and building up super.

- Anyone wish the games were longer? The shorter the game, the more players will try to "mash" to build up meter. It takes away the element of patience.

- I wish there were "more" in this game. Such as a higher quality arcade mode (maybe add some mini-games) / Survival mode of some kind / Item wars mode (That'll be cool :smileyhappy:) / More customization by achieving somthing really hard. I've read complains of players saying that there isn't any title or icon unlocked if you finish a character's trial mode. REWARD THE PLAYERS. SF4 rewarded players for finishing the challenges (Which were ridiculously SUPER hard; I golded everything in SF4 and got every gold tles and emblems and this made me really happy and it felt like I achieved something)

I actually expected each character to have more costumes in this game. I was disappointed..

Its fun to see diversity on online play in terms of character customization.

Example: Thread by MIR420 http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Clearing-a-characters-trials-is-...

- A currency system will be great for this game. You earn coins from playing Multiplayer / Arcade / Practice and etc. and you can spend those coins for more customization (clothing / taunts / etc.). Example: Tekken 6-TTT2 / Infamous and etc.

Think of App games as well like Temple Run / Agent Dash / Free-to-Play games; Grinding keeps you playing the game. (Notable: WoW, and other MMO)

- CUSTOM GAMES. I always emphasize this in EVERY GAME. A game with great custom games option is enough to keep the game's replayability high. Think of Halo 3's Forge games and custom playlist / Minecraft's custom servers / Counter Strikes custom maps and games. You can see how fun it is if you tweak something and add some kind of rules.

Example: Rockets only game w/ 2 hit KO / Resistance Grenades only 1 hit KO / Guns only Item mode / Unlimited fat pricess Level 2, (everyone will be chasing each other with the chicken)

This game is great though; if improvements are emphasized and prioritized, the All-Stars Battle Royale series would be the next big thing.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 63 of 85 (514 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Nov 23, 2012
PaRappa's level 3 is so OP. No work at all lololol.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 64 of 85 (513 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Stratos671 wrote:

I've been playing this game for hours already and I am starting to realize something..

I started to realize that the only thing that matters to getting a victory is which character has the best Level 1.

That's it.

No not really, I use Sackboy who has a horrible level 1 and stiil win against people like Ratchet and Sly who has a lot of range on theirs.

Message 65 of 85 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 25, 2012
one word from me

Fun
Play For Fun!
Message 66 of 85 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I give the game an 8/10.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 67 of 85 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 25, 2012
My impression: Fix the **bleep** online so me and several others can actually play it and give you an impression!
Message 68 of 85 (418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Online is absolutely broken.  i do have a stable connection and no issues with any other games, but in all stars it takes forever to get into a game. then 2/4 ppl loose their connection and the game is still laggy for us remaining 2. horrible. 

otherwise pretty fun game. still missing some iconic characters (ff7, shadow of the colossus, demons souls...) in my oppinion. will recommend it to friends once online gets fixed!

Message 69 of 85 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Love the game can't stop playing it! my only complaint apart from it missing alot of KEY ps characters is that Raiden is just waaaaaay to strong his level 1 can easily kill everyone and his level 2 is better than his level 3!! Nearly every game I play someone is raiden, jeez last night I played drake against 3 raidens -_- I only play offline now and verse the AI so that way I can at least not have raiden in any of my games.

Message 70 of 85 (347 Views)
0 Likes