Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: The "I Got PASBR!"+ Impressions Thread

Nov 21, 2012
Gameplay wise, the game couldn't be any better. Balance is near perfection, with a few exceptions, and it is just fun. The menus are as mediocre as mediocre gets. Not a plus, not a minus, they are just there. All my complaints are about the roster and the Arcade Mode.
I feel as though the story was half-assed. Even though it is a fighting game, the rivalries could have been taken so much further, especially ones like Ratchet & Jak and Kratos & Sweet Tooth. Evil Cole is probably the biggest negative about this game. With only 20 characters, there isn't much room for faults, and Cole Mcgrath taking up two spots just gets to me. Super Bot should have put in the extra work to combine the two coles, or even make them switchable from the character select screen. Evil Cole's spot should be taken up by Kat, Emmit, or even a character they are working on that wasn't announced yet.
I am disappointed Crash, Snake, and Spyro didn't make it into the game, but I won't hold that against Super Bot. Some characters, however, like a representative from Resistance, have no excuse not to be in the game. If SB wanted to go the extra mile, they could have added an extra character per IP, instead of using them as minions. I would love to play as Zeke, Zeus, and many more.
Overall, I have fun playing the game, and that is all that matters. I just hope there is a steady stream of DLC (free please Smiley Happy ) coming our way in 2013.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 51 of 85 (498 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

So far, I love the game with a few exceptions.

First off, I loved playing as Raiden, but only when playing as Sackboy or Spike or another did I realize how unstoppable his supers are. His level 1 has a crazy range both in front and behind him, and his level 2 is like Evil Cole's except he gets to move around and attack multiple times. He needs to be nerfed especially when he is in every other match I play. 

Second, Kratos Forward Square still needs to be nerfed. I got in a 2v2 match with Kratos, and there was contant spamming. There needs to be a time limit from when you can use it again, like 3 seconds or so. If the player does that move within those three seconds, Kratos just blocks. 

Third, Menus, as many have said, bland. Not that I really care, but if you get a chance to do a sequel, these need to be improved. Also, patch it in to choose which background the player gets to pick instead of changing everytime you boot up the game. Heck, if you guys end up doing a Tournament Edition of the game next year with all the DLC included in it, clean up the menus for that. 

Fourth, and this doesn't necessarily bother me as I'm having fun with the Arcade mode as it is, if you get a chance to do a sequel I would love to see a full fledged story mode with cutscenes and villain motifs and a cohesive story. What he have now is fine for a first outing, but for a sequel try to go as big as you can. 

Fifth, patch in 1v1 please. Smiley Happy 

Other than that, I love it. Really fun, really addictive, and I'm absolutely in love with Sackboy and Spike. ^^ I also really want to try and get good with Heihachi, Sir Dan, and Jak. 

Message 52 of 85 (493 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Nov 21, 2012
The perfect moment when you get that email saying "Your item has been dispatched!"

It's like the greatest feeling in the world, hopefully if it has been dispatched today, then it should come by Friday latest if not, MAYBE tomorrow, but I'm not hoping for it as I have been very disappointed with deliveries in the past.

Lets hope that I get the game by Friday so that I can play everyone here on the forums! I'm SOOOO looking forward to this!
I have been putting my time into the PS Plus games that I got for free today, so far, Uncharted seems to be the best of all of them and then Gravity Rush!
Although I thoroughly enjoy playing Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! which such a comical game which is funny at the same time epic!

Great games for Vita, don't know why people say that "There's no games for the Vita..." I just laugh in their face!
Message 53 of 85 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5161 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I need to practice a lot more but im having a lot of fun with the game so far. Here's a video I made yesterday showing all the supers YOUTUBE

PSN ID: TriFF51..........feel free to add me
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
August 12th 2010: 60 gb PS3 (YLOD) R.I.P. =(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Playstation All-Stars, Persona4Golden, Dead Space
Message 54 of 85 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Is anyone else annoyed in team battle by the fact you cannot run through your own team mate? Is this to prevent bum rushing because I believe you still have an invincible frame when you get knocked to the ground.. Making bum rushing useless I would think.

Other than this complaint.. I love the game. It's a lot more than what I expected.Smiley Happy

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 55 of 85 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Nov 22, 2012
The game is really amazing the movesets really fit the characters and series they are from its everything i thought it would be and more, very unique new game bringing together all these great franchises and series into 1 big fighting game its very exciting and fun.. Every character kicks **bleep** and that is what you need in a fighting game experience.. Smash Bros has some healthy competition now!
Message 56 of 85 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Good game is good.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 57 of 85 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I am so happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I not speak English
Playstation All-Need Nerf Royale
Message 58 of 85 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

How is Re: The "I Got PASBR!"+ Impressions Thread

Nov 22, 2012

How is Emmet as relevant to PS as Crash, Spyro, Robbit, Parappa, Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly and Bently, Snake, Lara, a Silent Hill rep?

He's not at all. Warhawk might be important to PS but I'm not sure so much about Starhawk.

Message 59 of 85 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Love multiplayer, but Arcade was way to easy and final boss a joke. He doesn´t really fight, it´s just Fighting Polygon Team. REALLY.

Still, aside from a few too many bugs online, it is really exciting and if superbot fixes those bugs and ads a (AHEM!) 1v1 mode online, it will be fantastic.

Message 60 of 85 (370 Views)
0 Likes