Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Re: The one con to the super system

Nov 13, 2012
That "problem" is in every game... there's always a chance a good player will take advantage of other players... I thought this thread was actually going to enlighten us on fundamental problems with it...

How about this: Why can one of a character's weakest attacks cancel every level 1 or 2 super except sly's? Why should it be able to do that in the first place? Why can items do it? Why are certain level 1s/2s much better than level 3s? Why are some level 3 supers so easy to dodge?

In a game based on supers they don't seem to have their super system down very well.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I've never really experienced this problem. With level 1's, I'm usually pretty opportunistic and will try to go for whoever's in the right position. With 2's and 3's I'm usually expecting at least a screen-wipe, so it's not player centric.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
If two bad players are against an awesome player, they will lose. It doesn't matter how.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I've only played the beta but I won 95% of the matches, and the thing is I've noticed a lot of people are that sometimes some will run away and then attack people that are already fighting.  This is a major annoyance because when you have to chase people, you're not getting AP while the other people fighting are.

Eventually when times like that happens, I just cave in and attack the two people who are already fighting if the other person won't fight me one on one and feels he needs to attack the other people instead.  The thing about this is that it could become personal to the players you attack and they would possibly gang up on you.  Who knows.

As much fun as four player is, most of my play time will see 2v2 or 1v1. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
978 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Yes cj, excellent ettiquette of fair fighting
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Nov 13, 2012
its not like you loose ap when you die
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Nov 14, 2012

there is more than one con to this system dude, its completely broken

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I'll take a loose anytime as long as the player who wins isn't camping,cheating, or spamming. Learn from your losses. It's better to face off against people better than you because then you can see how a "pro" would fight like and try to improve your skills and combos. For one, when I loose to a better player, I am determined to find more combos and way to catch them off guard.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5338 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I think that's a good strategy...well played awesome player...well played...
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I don't think this is a problem at all. It's a strategy that pretty much any competitive game has; attack the weakest link. Why fight against the good players if you don't have to?

It's no different than playing Call of Duty and consistently killing the weak players so you can get killstreaks to use on good players.

You even see something similar in action games & RPG's too. Do you take on the tougher opponents head on and make things harder for yourself? Or do you take on the weaker enemies first to make yourself stronger, therefore making those tougher bosses easier?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (38 Views)
0 Likes