Nov 13 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

The one con to the super system

24 replies 524 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

Hey guys, now im really looking forward to this game, and im a fan already
i think ultimatly the super system wins out because it rewards the players who do the work, prevents camping (somewhat) and has that awesome "omg" factor when you score kills

however, a problem that a friend and i worked out was that in a stock mode, lets say you have 1 awesome player, 2 good players, and 1 bad player

now the bad player runs away from everyone, and the two good players fight it out because they know the awesome player will own them

so the awesome player racks up his AP fighting the bad player, but then goes over and KO's the good players
i think it could be exploited and perhaps annoying, as you could be owning someone, but then someone else builds his meter, but uses it to KO you

now i know that good players shoudl dodge supers and everything, but its just a general possible flaw Smiley Tongue

and with that, i wish you will a great few days untill we get the game, and hope to see you online Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 25 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: The one con to the super system

Nov 13, 2012

I think you can chock that up to "what happens when you play FFA." I know one of my friends and me are going to do mostly 2v2s online. I can't see myself playing FFA much at all unless it's at my house offline. 

I do see your point though. Maybe we can hope the awesome player has his playstation mess up and sign him out!

Message 2 of 25 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Zunja wrote:

I think you can chock that up to "what happens when you play FFA." I know one of my friends and me are going to do mostly 2v2s online. I can't see myself playing FFA much at all unless it's at my house offline. 

I do see your point though. Maybe we can hope the awesome player has his playstation mess up and sign him out!

haha true Smiley Tongue 2v2 has always been a favourite of mine Smiley Very Happy

and yeah i was refering to 4 people on the couch style Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 25 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

I don't know about you but, I always fight the best of the best head on. Even though I soon end up getting raped.

Message 4 of 25 (492 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 13, 2012
About as exploitable as any 4 player battle, I'd say. I'm not sure, beat up on the weak guy is exclusive the supers. I get the idea that supers let you choose who goes down, but at worst that shifts the other good players attention to the really good one and will know better rather than spamming the strategy.
Message 5 of 25 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Not sure if anyone else did this, but during a match there was a AFK fat princess. Myself and the other 2 players did not touch the AFK player at all. I saw it as good etiquette.
Please Respond
Message 6 of 25 (459 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Its a reasonable concern, but any player can counter that by not allowing the best player to get easy ap on the worst. They can distract him and ultimately make it a more fair match. If they are allowing him to get the easy ap, they deserve the lost life

Message 7 of 25 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Then it's the job of the good players to go and stop him. But the con I see is that even if you're the one who's doing the most damage, someone else can win by a couple of lucky supers
Message 8 of 25 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I feel like this (bad person keeping away/being kill-farmed by the elite player while the two good players duke it out) still happens on SSB all the time...

Nothing new, it's fine. 

Message 9 of 25 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 13, 2012
If you are doing the most damage, you should go for the kill first! I think supers are much more skill based feldspar

Message 10 of 25 (432 Views)
0 Likes