Dec 01 2012
By: Redskinsrock2689 Sackboy 451 posts

The issues I have with the Sackboy nerf..

[ Edited ]
7 replies 272 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

So before anyone says anything about it, yes I do play Sackboy, I'm not sure I consider him my main, but I do play him. From my experience the main issues people had with Sackboy went something like this: His level 3 is way OP, it isn't hard to get 7 kills in a FFA or 5 in a 2v2 (most people thought it made sense to have people not respawn in bubbles). His zoning techniques and cake spam are incredibly annoying. The cake should not stay on the screen after its been thrown.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but not 1 of these issues was actually addressed, except to the slightest extent the OP level 3, but only because it will be much harder to reach now. You can still do the exact same thing as Sackboy to win a 2v2 match, and it will only be less annoying because they will be gaining meter more slowly than before.

The bigger issue I have however is the Jam Session nerf.. To drop this move to 10 AP just seems a little bit silly. In my experience, it was not nearly as spammable a move as the cakinator, yet it got the much heavier nerf. The move at its whole is probbaly more helpful for combos than it is for spamming, while the same can certainly not be said for the cakinator.

All in all, the only thing that this nerf will most likely change for Sackboys at a high level of play is that they will be more likely to do a lot of level 1s (its fairly easy to hit with it after someone hits your electric pad), and less level 3s. He was never that great of a 1v1 character, and now he will be almost worthless. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see him slightly buffed to find a closer medium.

Patch details: http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/36905289005/ps-all-stars-patch-1-02

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 1 of 8 (272 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: The issues I have with the Sackboy nerf..

Dec 1, 2012

What? When did this update happen?

Message 2 of 8 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 1, 2012

These are basically my thoughts...

Message 3 of 8 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I think jam session would do better between 15-20 AP each hit since it's the move people do when they feel safer and need some extra range on the projectile.

I called the 25 to 20 ap reduction almost after a day of playing Sackboy, but I think that if anything should be dropped to 10 ap if should be the cake mines. People use jam session because they want the cake to get a hit while they still put out projectiles. They simply don't disappear unless you have a range move or a disjointed hit box move.

I think fixing the level 3 itself would have been a better option. Make people spawn normally and make more bubbles on the screen. If they hit a bubble then go into another bubble.

Message 4 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 1, 2012
wait so your saying they did change his ap ratios or they should? im confused. are you saying you dont like your own hypothetical solutions? if they DID change his ratios is it stated anywhere? who else did they change?
Message 5 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 1, 2012

exactly what i was thinking. my only other thing that urks me is the idea of an extra 150 Ap to get my british narrator gentleman, imma still hit my 3s though. People just need to understand the way to get rid of spammers is to force them into the fight. if you cant bring them into the rumble, bring it to the spammer

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 6 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Fighting against Sackboy spammers is like a test to see how skilled you are as a fighter in this game. I can hold my own against Sackboy and beat through his attacks with Toro and good Cole, but I can't say much about the other 2 players in the same battle. -_-
~So much knowledge, so little time. Let's get going and play to our heart's content~
Message 7 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 1, 2012

http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/36905289005/ps-all-stars-patch-1-02

for those of you that haven't seen the patch details.. I will add it to the OP as well

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 8 of 8 (187 Views)
0 Likes