Oct 29 2012
By: JGmon Monster Hunter 38 posts

The dodging or rolling thing.

23 replies 469 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

Me and my cousin were playing 2v2 when we ran into a Radec w/ Kratos team.

Kratos player abusing the foward+square grab,

and Radec player abusing the sniper.

At first we got owned, and later we ran into them again managing to get level 3's on them, but they did something i'd never seen before.

They kept using the rolling or dodging move the whole time not allowing our level 3's to get kills.

When superbot said rolls can evade supers, I didn't think they meant completely dodge them.

I admit it was smart but it was irritating too. What do you guys think about this?

Oh and whats with the rematch option given after a game? 

Message 1 of 24 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Re: The dodging or rolling thing.

Oct 29, 2012

JGmon wrote:

Me and my cousin were playing 2v2 when we ran into a Radec w/ Kratos team.

Kratos player abusing the foward+square grab,

and Radec player abusing the sniper.

At first we got owned, and later we ran into them again managing to get level 3's on them, but they did something i'd never seen before.

They kept using the rolling or dodging move the whole time not allowing our level 3's to get kills.

When superbot said rolls can evade supers, I didn't think they meant completely dodge them.

I admit it was smart but it was irritating too. What do you guys think about this?

Oh and whats with the rematch option given after a game? 

I can 99%ly say that was me you ran into. I dodge Kratos Level 3 like a pro. 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 2 of 24 (457 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Never seen the rematch thing...

But yeah, it's hella annoying. I can't even use Kratos's level 3 super anymore because everyone just dodges it. Plus the blast "O" attack never actually locks on, when someone jumps and is suspended in the air, it goes a few feet under them instead. Or the center platform on the ratchet map cancels it.

I've never been able to dodge a radec level 3 super.

dodging is weird. Doesn't really work for me..like I won't be able to grab or I'll start attacking in the wrong direction. Whenever I use it it doesn't really help much besides the basic escape an attack or two.
Message 3 of 24 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I can dodge it too but the way this guy did it was roll back and fourth giving him those invincability frames.

Message 4 of 24 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Did they have headsets? And if they did, did one of them keep asking you if you are his dad? If so then I've played them too.
Message 5 of 24 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Yup they had headsets but I didnt really pay attention to what they said

Message 6 of 24 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 29, 2012

you are only invincable in the middle of the dodge, at the begining and end you can hit them
so if youre kratos, just wait till they dodge, and time your hit to get them as they come out
same goes for radec

Message 7 of 24 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I can dodge Kratos's LV 3 super pretty easily. I know one guy was super **bleep** because he only got 1 kill with Kratos's LV 3 (there were only 3 of us, and he focused all his effort on me when he killed the 3rd player right away)

Message 8 of 24 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Hmmm interesting......
Message 9 of 24 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 29, 2012

JGmon wrote:

I can dodge it too but the way this guy did it was roll back and fourth giving him those invincability frames.

I hate that so much.  They just roll back and forth like that... so annoying... what makes it worse is when lag kicks in so even when you should be killing them the game registers you or the opponent wrong like you're hitting an i-frame.

What I hate is when people do that or they use their spawn grace to run far away and I try to catch up with the triangle button but get stuck on the map... or when I jump after them but SOMEHOW they can jump higher than a giant Kratos swinging an even bigger sword straight up in the air... I don't get it.  People want everything about that character nerfed but if you actually TRY when you fight him he's not hard at all...not even in the slightest.  

Message 10 of 24 (411 Views)
0 Likes