Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 05 2012
By: DanteShirosaki Wastelander 687 posts

The definition of an "All-star"

14 replies 368 views Edited Oct 5, 2012
There seem to be some controversy about what an All-star is. I'm curious and want to hear your opinions.

As for me I think an All-Star isn't an exclusive PS character. Although I do think that it plays a part. For example, the whole Kat issue. People don't think that she is an All-Star but I do. The reason why is that before I got a PS Vita I would think of Kat. It me seem as if I'm grasping at straws but she did affect the sales of the PS Vita as well as being an exlusive. That seems like All-Star potential right there.

Another example would be Cloud. Final Fantasy VII was one of the most iconic final fantasy games on the playstation. All-Star Material.

Next example Jill Valentine, although this is my personal opinion. When it came to Survival horror you immediately think of games like Resident Evil (The first few at least.), Silent Hill, ClockTower, etc. Resident Evil was a major change in an average horror game. Especially since it was exclusive to the playstation for a while and one of the more iconic tittles in Playstation's Archives. A representative from the first Resident evil, definitely All-Stars material.

That's my general definition of All-Star, I'm still curious in what your opinions are about this.
persona 4 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 15 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: The definition of an "All-star"

Oct 5, 2012
What people dont get is "all stars" is just a title. Just like snake wasnt a "smash brox
I think anyone who has been on ps deserves it.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 2 of 15 (357 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Playstation All Stars = Represents stars from everything Playstation

i.e. PS3, PS2, PS1, PSN & Third Party games closely linked with the Playstation Brand

Check, check, check, check andddddd check !
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 15 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Oct 5, 2012

My definition of a PS All-star is a character or series that had an impact on Playstation's history, for example Tomb Raider was one of the best selling games on the PSX and impact the sales of the PSX as a system.

Playstation sig
Message 4 of 15 (349 Views)
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 5, 2012
All stars it just the title. This game is for all characters new, old, popular, unpopular, first party, 3rd party
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 5 of 15 (305 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Characters/series that helped shape the PS brand into what it is today through sales, awareness, influence and/or importance. Of the missing ones, Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Solid Snake and Cloud are the prime examples.

Message 6 of 15 (298 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I'm an All-Star, I should be in. :3
Message 7 of 15 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Crash
Message 8 of 15 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I've given a literal definition many times, but it won't do anything for other peoples' opinions. An all-star team doesn't need all the stars, so people complaining that the name is misleading are mostly just mad that their favorite character isn't in. As stargate said, and I'll say slightly differently, Smash Bros wasn't just Mario and Luigi hitting stuff with hammers.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 9 of 15 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Anyone Superbot deems as a fun character.

Message 10 of 15 (179 Views)