Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: The comments are mean

Oct 4, 2012
Is allstars a serious fighter? no

Can it be competitive? Yes but that only depends on if the scene is willing to make it competitive. Look at melee.

Its not a serious fighter at all but the competitive scene was bigger than any of serious fighting game scene in USA except for Street fighter and Marvel. And its still being played in tournies today. If people host tournies for allstars and people take the initative in joining these tournies it can be competitive. That's what we are going to do in Toronto.

TL;DR. All Stars isn't a serious fighter and it will never be but it doesn't mean it can be competitive.

Also eventhubs bash anything that isn't made by Capcom.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 11 of 15 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Ehubs is ehubs. They talk a lot of trash about anything that isn't exactly what they want out of a game and usually refuse to accept any changes to the tried and true formula. They want 2D or 3D fighters with more stages, but bland stages, and more characters, but more balance. All obvious contradictions. As a fan of the genre, I can't blame them. The only thing that should stand between you and a win or a loss is skill. That was my old mentality. No dynamic stages or stage hazards, no comeback mechanics, no broken characters. that way there are no excuses.

As I got older and more invested in design and martial arts, I began to understand it takes REAL skill and awareness to navigate all of those stage hazards while fighting, continue on even with broken characters, and pull out a win despite a comeback mechanic. Any complaints about why you lost is because you weren't good enough to fight the person you were playing, the stage, and the game mechanics as well. Just like in a real fight, there may be uneven ground, obstacles, hazards like broken glass or weapons, multiple enemies or an all around stronger (I.e. broken) opponent. If you win despite the odds, you are the better fighter. Somebody truly skilled will jump right in and come out on top without batting an eyelash.

Besides, it's Ehubs. They complain but 75% of them buy it Day 1 and complain for no reason while still having fun. True story.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 12 of 15 (85 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Fear4TheHero47 wrote:
Ehubs is ehubs. They talk a lot of trash about anything that isn't exactly what they want out of a game and usually refuse to accept any changes to the tried and true formula. They want 2D or 3D fighters with more stages, but bland stages, and more characters, but more balance. All obvious contradictions. As a fan of the genre, I can't blame them. The only thing that should stand between you and a win or a loss is skill. That was my old mentality. No dynamic stages or stage hazards, no comeback mechanics, no broken characters. that way there are no excuses.

As I got older and more invested in design and martial arts, I began to understand it takes REAL skill and awareness to navigate all of those stage hazards while fighting, continue on even with broken characters, and pull out a win despite a comeback mechanic. Any complaints about why you lost is because you weren't good enough to fight the person you were playing, the stage, and the game mechanics as well. Just like in a real fight, there may be uneven ground, obstacles, hazards like broken glass or weapons, multiple enemies or an all around stronger (I.e. broken) opponent. If you win despite the odds, you are the better fighter. Somebody truly skilled will jump right in and come out on top without batting an eyelash.

Besides, it's Ehubs. They complain but 75% of them buy it Day 1 and complain for no reason while still having fun. True story.

As some where who goes there just to for the news I can tell you that you are right. They have no credabilty whats so ever. They complain about the game yet they buy it. nothing seems to please them.

They remind me of some people here

http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 13 of 15 (71 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I don't frequent there as much as I used to and I definitely dont post. They're never happy about anything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 14 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Good point Fear. The same thing can be said about some people in this forum complaining about everything but is gonna be in that line DAY ONE.
Message 15 of 15 (42 Views)
0 Likes