I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: The characters are all TOTALLY balanced.

Oct 27, 2012
I think that saying that no fighting game is balanced is fairly a blatant and over exaggerated comment. Plenty of of fighting games out there are extremely legit and balanced...
Message 21 of 40 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Great thread, very true too, though at the same time you do have to consider that even Omar at one point said that when the game releases there aren't promises to whether or not it'll be balanced right away but I'm sure all the characters would at least be manageable, I'm sure a Sir Dan player would do just fine against a Raiden player if Sir Dan is in the hands of a skilled enough player, same goes for Sackboy and other characters,
Message 22 of 40 (97 Views)
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Good point, man. +1 kudos

We can absolutely NOT know if the final product will be well balanced. As previously stated, with the current roster of 6 I can say I find these characters good to go! I've only tried Big Daddy and Jak&Daxter for a few minutes at EBGames so I won't even put down my opinion on those two.
Message 23 of 40 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I think the beta characters are just fine too but I get the feeling they'll be changed anyway.
Message 24 of 40 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Great read. Not only knowing on how to deal with characters in the game, but i also need to know how to adapt my opponent's play style as well. I learn this while I was playing other past fighting games.

My PSASBR Signature, The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Signature.
Message 25 of 40 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Yeah i'm afraid of that, too.

As usual though, we'll get used to it and play around it!
Message 26 of 40 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Oct 27, 2012
So your saying there are fighting games out that are perfectly balanced? Ha. There are some that come close but aslong as characters are unique in there own way a fighting game wont be perfectly balanced. Im just happy Superbot is monitering the game only to keep improving on it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicxxspadezxx
Message 27 of 40 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 27, 2012
No one said that, but even so I'm going to go and say while no fighting game is ever perfectly balanced that doesn't mean characters are over powered, just characters that are easier for people to get good with and win with, but it doesn't mean they're automatically gods at the game, with the right skill someone using a lower tier character can beat someone with a higher tier character but only because that player isn't as skilled, strategy is the key to winning in fighting games.
Message 28 of 40 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I like the message you are trying to send, but no amount of "get good" will stop me from beleiveing Kratos gains AP too quickly. I win an overwhelming majority of my matches in both FFA and 2v2. Having played as Kratos, and having played all the available characters against Kratos, it's blatantly obvious the likelihood of his character build grants him an AP rate higher than any other character.

Message 29 of 40 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Oct 27, 2012
kratos is op
dont be stupid none of sweeoth cant defeat him
Message 30 of 40 (42 Views)
0 Likes